Login

russian armor

Why won't my Vetos save?

2 Aug 2014, 10:38 AM

It's so annoying.
You veto Stalingrad because it's just an unbalanced map but next time you start CoH all the Vetos will be reset again.
Why?
2 Aug 2014, 10:41 AM

I dont know but is it that hard to veto them again?
You guys have problems :D
2 Aug 2014, 12:52 PM
Donator 11

Its annoying as fuck.
2 Aug 2014, 13:05 PM

Long gone are the days of the 80-90s when a PC game was shipped "as is".

I much prefer the modern mentality of "work in progress", to how many issues those games used to have without a practical patching process. (Though actually the games worked pretty damn well, considering. Developer Houses had to ensure their stuff was as watertight as possible, to retain their reputation, which meant everything back then. The old greats like Westwood, Origin, id, Bullfrog, Mindscape and yes, even Blizzard (nostalgia orgasm) and others (like who ever did Mechwarrior). So many awesome developers who laid the groundwork for all of what PC gaming has since become)

Its quite amazing how much game production has changed since those days.
Ironically, I think it was the advent of publishers who are responsible. Bean counters, marketers and executives who dont care about "the craft and yes, artistry", involved in creating a truly great game.

Does kind of make you wonder though, if maybe we as gamers/consumers lost a degree of internal quality control compared to back then. Reviews from publications like PC Gamer used to be a gamers Bible and Gospel. I still have all my old stacks.

I hope someone has written a book about this, there is certainly enough interesting issues involved.
2 Aug 2014, 13:38 PM

I dont know but is it that hard to veto them again?
You guys have problems :D

When I want to start a game I don't want to check everything that might be changed for no reason.
Next time faction will be reset to Soviet standard.
Maybe after that I have to check my graphic settings every time I launch the game?
2 Aug 2014, 13:54 PM

When I want to start a game I don't want to check everything that might be changed for no reason.
Next time faction will be reset to Soviet standard.
Maybe after that I have to check my graphic settings every time I launch the game?

Well, tbh, go complain about this on Relic official forum or email them.

We xan only commiserate and agree here, but none of us can do anything about it, and the probability of some Relic guy who can do anything about it seeing this thread is very low.

Im pretty sure they are aware of it, and that it is scheduled for work at some indeterminate future time.
2 Aug 2014, 14:02 PM

Like all the other stuff...
2 Aug 2014, 14:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I agree, it would be nice if the game would save your vetoes for each mode.
2 Aug 2014, 14:54 PM

It's hit or miss. Sometimes they save, sometimes they don't. Which kind of makes it more annoying when they don't.
3 Aug 2014, 13:45 PM

Lol careful people dont like you to complain about the games flaws around here.

Yeah I hate it too specially doing 2v2 at farmlands was vetoed but we kept getting it anyway lol so its not just the resetting thats borked.

I hate the faction selection reset also I was like huh I was sov and ended up having am okw game.

Loads little things that are simple to fix.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★