Login

russian armor

Sherman Battle Group

3 Aug 2014, 02:32 AM

Once a Sherman has vet 1 it will get Radio Net I, II, or III depending on how many vehicles are nearby. It doesn't care at all whether the other vehicles are vetted Shermans or anything else.

Do you know if this include allied vehicles in team games?
3 Aug 2014, 03:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge

No idea.
3 Aug 2014, 07:32 AM

How do the bonuses stack? If you have Radio Net III on a Sherman, does that mean you get 3X the bonuses (which would be around .729 reload modifier and 1.15 sight range)? That seems pretty significant.

Seems like it's capped at 3 though.
4 Aug 2014, 17:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

It does include allied vehicles in team games
4 Aug 2014, 20:44 PM

That is a pretty impressive vet 1 bonus then. Might have to try building more than a single Sherman in 2v2.
7 Oct 2016, 05:02 AM

How many other allied tanks need to be around for giving a vet 1 sherman the bonus of RadioNet Ii and Iii?

Is it as follows?

Radionet I = 1 allied tank around
Radionet II = 2 allied tank around
Radionet III = 3 allied tank around
7 Oct 2016, 08:44 AM
Patrion 14

How many other allied tanks need to be around for giving a vet 1 sherman the bonus of RadioNet Ii and Iii?

Is it as follows?

Yes, however it should only work with mediums, so it won't trigger with a scott or stuart close. It is possible that it is still triggered with a t70 though, I'm not sure if Relic ever fixed the bug that I reported back in the Brit alpha. They didn't fix many other bugs I reported so it's likely that it's still possible :)

With 1 around, it is meant that there are 2 (1 vet 1 sherman and another tank). The easy 8 was able to get the bonus by just reaching vet 1, but that was fixed.
7 Oct 2016, 17:48 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Is it as follows?

Holy necro batman. Won't report you tho because this is a valid question and I'm curious if this is still the case.
7 Oct 2016, 20:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yes, however it should only work with mediums, so it won't trigger with a scott or stuart close. It is possible that it is still triggered with a t70 though, I'm not sure if Relic ever fixed the bug that I reported back in the Brit alpha. They didn't fix many other bugs I reported so it's likely that it's still possible :)

With 1 around, it is meant that there are 2 (1 vet 1 sherman and another tank). The easy 8 was able to get the bonus by just reaching vet 1, but that was fixed.

It's triggered by all nearby allied tanks, t70, t34 crom etc

But it only works with the Sherman for USF. IIRC
nee
7 Oct 2016, 21:48 PM

As Creem says, the effect is triggered by most tracked Allied vehicles (have not tried them with captured Axis, or playing as Axis with a Captured Sherman).

It's a confusing ability because it has peculiar requirements and effects: some but not all vehicles will trigger the effect, but doesn't seem to follow any broad criteria (ie you'd think it triggers when near all medium vehicles, yet it doesn't), and all for a measly bonus that only applies to that Sherman tank.

What's even more confusing is that not all Sherman tanks gain or receive the effect.

Given all these it's hardly worth it to worry about the ability. Odds are your Sherman would never last as vet1 to make the effect count, or for that matter never be near other compatible vehicles in the first place.
7 Oct 2016, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 21:48 PMnee
As Creem says, the effect is triggered by most tracked Allied vehicles (have not tried them with captured Axis, or playing as Axis with a Captured Sherman).

It's a confusing ability because it has peculiar requirements and effects: some but not all vehicles will trigger the effect, but doesn't seem to follow any broad criteria (ie you'd think it triggers when near all medium vehicles, yet it doesn't), and all for a measly bonus that only applies to that Sherman tank.

What's even more confusing is that not all Sherman tanks gain or receive the effect.

Given all these it's hardly worth it to worry about the ability. Odds are your Sherman would never last as vet1 to make the effect count, or for that matter never be near other compatible vehicles in the first place.

You just gotta spam Shermans harder :snfBarton:
7 Oct 2016, 23:03 PM
Donator 11

I was told once that all vehicles, including ambo, trigger it. Don't know if it is, or even was ever true.
8 Oct 2016, 00:55 AM
Patrion 14

It's triggered by all nearby allied tanks, t70, t34 crom etc

But it only works with the Sherman for USF. IIRC

It's correct that it is triggered by all allied medium and heavy tanks. If the t70 still tiggers it, then it's still bugged and not intended. That's why the stuart won't work as well as the scott (both would be classed as tanks, but they are light tanks).
It is correct that only the sherman benefits from it.

I was told once that all vehicles, including ambo, trigger it. Don't know if it is, or even was ever true.

Must be an urban myth, this was never the case as far as I can tell (would be quite funny though) :D
nee
8 Oct 2016, 05:01 AM

According to CheatCommands mod, nope, in fact, the list of vehicles that trigger it are a bit strange. Using the mod to spawn units near a vet1 Sherman M4A3, we get the following units triggering the effect:

OKW:
Panzer4
Panther
Sturmtiger
KingTiger
JagdTiger
Hetzer
Command Panther
JagdPanzer 4

USF:
M10
M36
Easy Eight
Bulldozer Sherman
Pershing
Calliope

UKF:
Comet
Cromwell
Centaur
Churchill
Churchill AVRE
Churchill Crocodile
Valentine
Firefly

SOV:
IS-2
T-34
T-34/86
T-70
M4C Sherman
KV-1
KV-8

OST:
Panzer4
Panther
Tiger
Tiger Ace
P4 Command Tank
Elefant

After a bit more testing, the other vehicles that gain Radio Net (Easy Eight, Bulldozer) also seem to follow the same criteria, so I assume it is drawn from a single list that applies to all units with the Radio Net mechanic.

Looking through the results, the list isn't very consistent:
For light tanks the T-70 and Valentine counts, but not Stuart or Luchs.
Some turretless vehicles like Axis StuG III and JadgTiger triggers effect, antitank units like Elefant and M36 as well, yet the common Allied SU-85 doesn't.
Heavy assault vehicles like AVRE and Sturmtiger, but not the Brummbar.
Calliope counts but all other artillery vehicles like Priest does not.

As you can see it's all over the place. Some units that logically (and illogically) trigger the effect you would expect like most Allied medium armour, yet a small number of vehicles that fit those categories don't. I can understand Brummbar, but not Stuart? It is not like the Stuart itself would benefit from the effect, and the effect isn't even that great to justify spending resources just to have a light tank sitting nearby, and you'd think it would promote multiple unit gameplay tactics.
9 Oct 2016, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 17:48 PMwouren

Holy necro batman. Won't report you tho because this is a valid question and I'm curious if this is still the case.

Oh how nice of you. Please crawl back from wherever u came from until you find something relevant to contribute to the topic of this thread. Thanks.
10 Oct 2016, 00:51 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Oh how nice of you. Please crawl back from wherever u came from until you find something relevant to contribute to the topic of this thread. Thanks.

I guess that may have come off as rude as you weren't the one who necroed, the necro was valid, and I didn't really add anything. My apologies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★