Login

russian armor

How destroy strong wire?

28 Jul 2014, 22:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Heyo,

played some 3vs3 recently on Bahnhof Ettelbrück. The upper victory point got denied by OKW using some wire I couldn't cut with my pioneers. Ground attack didn't work either. How can you deny this wire?
28 Jul 2014, 22:37 PM

I'm also curious to hear about dealing with this, specifically because of the central VP in Crossing 1v1/2v2.
28 Jul 2014, 22:44 PM

Didn't relic say you should be able to target it manually with at and at infantry units?
29 Jul 2014, 00:19 AM

Blow it up with demo charges ?? that would suck 90muni to destroy something that cost the enemy nothing
29 Jul 2014, 00:36 AM

relic fixed that you cant target unfished wire . this wire is meant like this , and can only be crushed with heavy armor / arty / demos
29 Jul 2014, 11:38 AM

Mortar barrage can destroy the wire, and I believe it can be manually targeted by AT guns. If not, the Zis barrage ability will do the job.
29 Jul 2014, 11:56 AM

i did it with bazoka yesterday
7 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM

When I see this wire I usually need Bazookas when I am playing US forces to deal with it.

If I have a Captain then it's pretty easy to to destroy it as the Captain will do it. Try to get close to the wire so he doesn't miss it.

Lieutenant players will struggle. If you're going LT though you really should use Bazooka research most of the time. The M15 AA Halftrack with an attack order should be able to deal some damage to it but I am not sure how well it does.

Soviets are more difficult. Your best bet is attacking with a ZiS or maybe Guards Infantry. Guards don't have attack ground but you should be able to just use an attack order I believe.

If you're truly desperate then Combat Engineers have demolition charges. Penal squads are a better value for this but who gets Penals?

7 Aug 2014, 19:39 PM

Use the "A" attack move on the wire with infantry like guards/riflemen with zooks etc. AT guns/mortars can also destroy it.

Soviets - penals with satchels, demos from engys
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak