Login

russian armor

Ostheer grenadier rifle grenade BUG

27 Jul 2014, 12:36 PM

In some case, you want to use the rifle grenade, then, you click the ability button, target the enemy unit, costing 30 Munitions, and colddown is actived too. But no rifle-grenade was shoot out. sometimes its fine, and sometimes it bugged.
27 Jul 2014, 13:32 PM

Happens to me three times in a game too.
27 Jul 2014, 13:41 PM

I find anti-tank riflenade to be also buggy sometimes.
27 Jul 2014, 13:43 PM

Same thing with USF Paratroopers.
27 Jul 2014, 13:44 PM

Jup, had that bug too.
Also when you cancell it, it costs muni and cooldown is activated.
27 Jul 2014, 13:58 PM

Is easiest to reproduce with the Paratroopers. Basically the following happens.

You click to use the ability.
Rangechecks etc get done, if all passes the ability gets triggered.
Unit switches to accessory weapon.
Unit uses the accessory weapon

If you cancel during the last part (i.e. the cooking for the MK2 grenade) then the ability is already over and the weapon is counted as "used", since it started the use. Cancel in this case means new move / target order or the entity dies, you retreat...

A possible fix could be to keep the ability running while it already performs the accessory weapon action, yet that is extremely hard to do. The unit basically gets access to a new weapon for a single use, but will only switch once it finishes it's current action (reloading or whatever). So if you use the time it takes to use that accessory weapon, then you make it rarer, but you do not eliminate the possibility. For example a Fallschirm has a 3+ second reload time, meaning it could take a while till he uses that weapon. If you make it too long, then people can use the ability, wait for the weapon to trigger and cancel the ability to do not make the ability use count. If you are playing a lot, you should know that this could be done with few abilities, if you knew how ;)
27 Jul 2014, 13:59 PM

Well sometimes a bundle grenade would glitch too. The thrower would prepare to throw and just stand in place without throwing it.

The cooldown would start and ammunition would be spent too ofc.
28 Jul 2014, 12:23 PM

Also wanted to confirm that this happens for panzerfaust. More annoying because it will fire but nothing will happen when it hits a vehicle (deflection, penetration, or otherwise) still costs munitions.

There is also for me a noticeable delay now between the issuing of a grenade order and its execution. Can take more than 3 seconds for the command to be started! This is completely unacceptable in a fire fight.
28 Jul 2014, 12:36 PM

Sounds like an old bug has snuck back in.
Perhaps from usimg old code from a pervious version.

This has been an issue before.
28 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM

Sounds like an old bug has snuck back in.
Perhaps from usimg old code from a pervious version.

This has been an issue before.

good work for Relic....
28 Jul 2014, 12:54 PM

Iirc, from the previous occurence, it would only bug if you issued another movement order.

So perhaps try that, as a temporary bandaid till hopefully Relic fixes whatever it is.
7 Aug 2014, 09:17 AM

from personal experience the rifle grenade tends not to work when the concentration of enemies it will hit is too great. The past 3 times it has happened to me, it would have kill/wounded over ten enemy soldiers
17 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

happens to the usf riflemen smoke grenade as well. Very annoying because when you run into a mg and want to have it fired quick and it doesnt you have to retreat.
24 Aug 2014, 13:14 PM

today the gren grenadier rifle grenade bug happened almost every time i used the ability. I surely know that it never was an issue before the wfa release.

from personal experience the rifle grenade tends not to work when the concentration of enemies it will hit is too great. The past 3 times it has happened to me, it would have kill/wounded over ten enemy soldiers

Before the wfa release it was not a problem.

It really need to be fixed because a rifle grenade can be the only thing that prevents grens and therefor Ostheer to get totally raped by usf in the beginning.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★