Login

russian armor

OKW Base Defenses

27 Jul 2014, 04:09 AM

Okay, so those things are bullshit. Not only can they shoot up and rotate 360 degrees, but they also do light anti-vehicle damage.

Oh and for some reason there's always like 4 of them on the fucking map.

At the very least, they shouldn't be able to shoot up. I've had 240 munitions p47 bombers get shot down by my opponents base. (After flying across the entire map doing nothing from my base)

The purpose of base defenses should be to deter early game pushes. That's it.
27 Jul 2014, 05:07 AM

too bad you can decrew them with a grenade and turn them on the german base..
27 Jul 2014, 05:22 AM

Too bad 95% of their shots hit the ground and do nothing.
27 Jul 2014, 05:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 05:07 AMwooof
too bad you can decrew them with a grenade and turn them on the german base..

That's a separate issue- unless you're suggesting decrewing okw base defenses to protect aircraft which isnt practical at all.

If the OKW base defenses prove too strong against air and too weak vs infantry grenades, flame force fire, etc, then the two aspects should be tweaked towards the median (the average bunker) rather than have it brokenly good and bad at the same time, then call it balanced.

27 Jul 2014, 06:00 AM

he said theyre meant to stop early game pushes. my point was, they dont even do that if you have grenades and a few squads.
27 Jul 2014, 06:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 06:00 AMwooof
he said theyre meant to stop early game pushes. my point was, they dont even do that if you have grenades and a few squads.

They certainly deter them. Didn't know they could be decrewed though, might have to try that.
27 Jul 2014, 06:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think it's kind of lame that rushing an OKW base with a light vehicle is suicide.
27 Jul 2014, 07:19 AM

ok i tried to kill a low health t3 okw truck, my at gun almost got it but then i had to retreat my con cause it was low health. Then the Truck set up and i sent another con to sight for my at gun since apparently the vet 1 increased sight ability doesnt increase sight to at gun range anymore. My con gets insta pinned, insta killed and my at gun loses sight. I try to attack ground but my at gun keeps hitting the wall. I think the t3 truck needs a damage nerf and let it have its suppression. I don't like how it just insta gibs any unit that comes in range. It is pretty much impossible to get sight for my at gun.
27 Jul 2014, 08:06 AM

I have never seen the Flak base building instagib any infantry. It always needed several shots to damage them, so the enemy has plenty time to retreat. So unless you have a replay to prove this, I cannot believe it.
27 Jul 2014, 14:08 PM

Snipers + recrew it with conscripts = fun
27 Jul 2014, 14:57 PM

I agree this is unfair wy the Okw has 3 flaks from the beginning ? so Amis planes are total useless ...
27 Jul 2014, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 08:06 AMgokkel
I have never seen the Flak base building instagib any infantry. It always needed several shots to damage them, so the enemy has plenty time to retreat. So unless you have a replay to prove this, I cannot believe it.

If they're low hp because of lack of healing, I could see it happening.
28 Jul 2014, 07:13 AM

My only problem is that they have made any attempt to use the lend-lease fuel call-in useless.
"you'll get fuel to your base for the cost of muni, but if the enemy has AA you'll lose it."

Okay makes sense, there is a risk involved.

"LoL we'll give one team 4 AA-guns in their base which the plane with the fuel will fly over. Good Luck"

Thanks relic, way to think things through
28 Jul 2014, 07:21 AM

An easy fix for this issue would be to have the player manually switch the guns target priorities between ground and air targets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★