Login

russian armor

Expert Replays

26 Jul 2014, 02:40 AM

On gamereplays.org, it was really nifty to be able to filter out replays so that you only saw expert replays. Is there a way to do this on coh2.org? I really miss this feature.
26 Jul 2014, 09:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hey blitz.

We thought about that a lot. The way it worked on gamereplays was that certain users, who were also tourney winners, received a badge of "Expert" players. Everytime a replay with them involved was posted the game got marked with the "Expert" tag.

The problem there was that after a few years we ended up creating a strict and elitè group of players (some of them totally inactive but still "Experts" standing to the general rules of Gamereplays) and they were not seen well by a lot of community members. (it always happens when you make a group of the "bests").

When we created COH2.ORG we decided we would have not want such an elitè group of players nor a badge for them on our forums (We had a private group that included top coh1 players, people who covered a key role in the coh1 community and representatives from other communities but after some months we decided to close that group).

We are certainly not totally done with this: we planned to create a more robust replay system and we could still bring into discussion a way for the best players to get their replays featured (e.g. with a public votation after "x" player wins a tournament).

The problem right now is that our coding team is quite small and it's really time consuming to develop even the core features of our website (we still need proper VODS and EVENTS systems on COH2.ORG).

Our replay parser for example is still broken and Seb is employed full time in RL, which means that he doesn't have much spare time to fix it.
26 Jul 2014, 09:38 AM

I think a simple search button that would enable us to search for certain players' replays would solve the problem..I mean there is no need to call or tag Jesulin an expert player when you already know that he is a top player. If you're following the forum you would know who the top players are. If you dont and you're new, check out the ladder board, right? I mean generally speaking..
26 Jul 2014, 09:54 AM

To be frank the biggest issue is that the archive becomes obsolete every month because of the update frequency and the absence of replay versioning in the game.
26 Jul 2014, 11:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think a simple search button that would enable us to search for certain players' replays would solve the problem..I mean there is no need to call or tag Jesulin an expert player when you already know that he is a top player. If you're following the forum you would know who the top players are. If you dont and you're new, check out the ladder board, right? I mean generally speaking..

You can actually already do that using Filters, creating and saving a specific filter that shows you only the games where a player of team 1 or team 2 is named in a certain way (for example, Jesulin - assuming he doesn't change the name I guess xD - )

Alternatively there is another good way. Go on the player profile on COH2.ORG (for example Jesulin: www.coh2.org/user/843/jesulin ) and click on "Show latest replays".

While it's not a specific search function in the replays feature I think it's still a good compromise. :)

If you find a player on the leaderboard and you want to find his profile just use the "Seach Site Members" function on top right corner under the "COH2.ORG" main logo.

To be frank the biggest issue is that the archive becomes obsolete every month because of the update frequency and the absence of replay versioning in the game.

I know and you have no idea how much I'd like Relic to create a system similar to the one of SC2 where you can still watch older replays by loading older versions of the game. :)
26 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM

You can actually already do that using Filters, creating and saving a specific filter that shows you only the games where a player of team 1 or team 2 is named in a certain way (for example, Jesulin - assuming he doesn't change the name I guess xD - )

Alternatively there is another good way. Go on the player profile on COH2.ORG (for example Jesulin: www.coh2.org/user/843/jesulin ) and click on "Show latest replays".

While it's not a specific search function in the replays feature I think it's still a good compromise. :)

If you find a player on the leaderboard and you want to find his profile just use the "Seach Site Members" function on top right corner under the "COH2.ORG" main logo.

I know and you have no idea how much I'd like Relic to create a system similar to the one of SC2 where you can still watch older replays by loading older versions of the game. :)

Yeah I know but thats a lot of click here-click there stuff. If there was a search function in the replay section that would be a lot easier and faster for all members I think.
27 Jul 2014, 08:54 AM

I have a little question about replays section, what happened with preview pictures and armies in replays?

27 Jul 2014, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 08:54 AMvoyager
I have a little question about replays section, what happened with preview pictures and armies in replays?

The new patch happened mate. It will be fixed quite soon I think.
27 Jul 2014, 09:48 AM

Thanks, hope it will be fixed asap.
27 Jul 2014, 10:13 AM

The problem right now is that our coding team is quite small and it's really time consuming to develop even the core features of our website (we still need proper VODS and EVENTS systems on COH2.ORG).

Our replay parser for example is still broken and Seb is employed full time in RL, which means that he doesn't have much spare time to fix it.

Just curious to know, if you were to outsource all the coding work that needs to be done, how much would it cost?
27 Jul 2014, 10:38 AM

Awesome to hear there is still potential in the Coh2.org replay system. It's one of the features of the site I'd most like to see improved and emphasized more.
28 Jul 2014, 09:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 10:13 AMAbdul

Just curious to know, if you were to outsource all the coding work that needs to be done, how much would it cost?

I don't know honestly ^^
28 Jul 2014, 16:50 PM

I don't know honestly ^^

There is an easy way to find out if you are interested. Post a detailed description of your requirements on elanc.com and coders from all over the world will bid for your project. You would be surprised of the quality one can get for the cost sometimes. Maybe if the cost is right we can do a forum members contribution to help get all those things done. I hope that helps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 400

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment