Login

russian armor

OKW Volksgrenadiers

25 Jul 2014, 15:28 PM

I don't know the statistics on this and I'm kinda wondering but it feels like when they get the AT package they actively get stronger versus infantry. Is this actually a thing because I completely decimate them with no vetted rifles and then they get pansershrecks and suddenly I'm the guy losing. This seems like the opposite reaction to what should be the case.
25 Jul 2014, 15:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

As the game progresses they also get grenades and vet, and your squads are probably going into fights wounded if you don't have an ambulance.

Very occasionally though the shreck will blow a rifleman up.
25 Jul 2014, 15:32 PM

Its probably their veterancy, they are harder to kill as time goes on, scale's into end game very nicly w shreks
25 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

It seems to me that the Shrecks are more dangerous than the rifles in the group and they consistently snipe off my infantry. A squad with the Shrecks with the same vet and everything seems far stronger than a squad without them.

Also rifles fall off so hard end game. Makes a man angry xD mechanized company has got nothing for end game at all xD
25 Jul 2014, 15:34 PM

Hitting vehicles with the schreck will also give the squad a good chunk of xp that will make them vet up pretty quick.
25 Jul 2014, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 15:33 PMNboaram
Also rifles fall off so hard end game. Makes a man angry xD mechanized company has got nothing for end game at all xD

Not true at all.

Double M191911's and BAR's will rape ober's on your screen literally, combined with a skillful microing of M36's and USF has a pretty solid late game imo.

25 Jul 2014, 16:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Well, those things are not part of mechanized company, so his statement actually is true. It's an early-mid game doctrine, that's pretty obvious.
Vaz
25 Jul 2014, 19:22 PM

I complained before about shreks hitting infantry. It feels like it happens more in CoH2 than it did in CoH1 and if someone gets nailed by one, they are blown apart. If it's a miss, then the squad has reaction. This can also contribute to why your having a tougher time. Reaction disables firing (it's when an explosion happens and the squad members dive out the way, they aren't firing when that happens), meanwhile the shrek squad is still applying it's dps on your squad. It's even worse if your getting both nailed and a reaction.

Volks seem pretty inconsistent to me. I have had some battles where it seems like they are just barely better than conscripts and I have had freakish battles, like this one I remember on Ettelbruck. I had 2 con squads behind a flat-bed train car that was providing heavy cover. They were firing on a single volks squad receiving light cover from a nearby crater. The single volks squad forced the retreat of both con squads without using any grenades and I think I remember them not losing any men, but there might have been 1 volks casualty. They didn't have a shrek either, it was a really awkward rng moment.
25 Jul 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 15:59 PMiDolize

Not true at all.

Double M191911's and BAR's will rape ober's on your screen literally, combined with a skillful microing of M36's and USF has a pretty solid late game imo.

True but one good walking stuka barrage is enough to win the game :(
25 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned

True but one good walking stuka barrage is enough to win the game :(

Yep and this is sad :( But you complain about sovjet mines lel
25 Jul 2014, 21:47 PM

Yep and this is sad :( But you complain about sovjet mines lel

You should be a strategist.
25 Jul 2014, 21:50 PM

Permanently Banned
25 Jul 2014, 21:51 PM

i did i for the lulz