Login

russian armor

Commander Suggestions for Fun

23 Jul 2014, 03:07 AM

I never saw a actual sub-forum for suggestions so I thought I'd just leave it here. None of the ideas posted below are truly original, in fact, they are compilation of random creative suggestions I've heard during my entire time playing Company of Heroes series. I sort of tweaked or changed it a bit to make it fair. In short, I just hope people enjoy reading this post without getting too offended by the fact that these ideas are already posted elsewhere.

sovietssovietsAdvanced Frontovik Tactics:

The front lines of war grind both men and armor into dust. Using this tactics will ensure your army can withstand the fury of enemy much longer - surviving long enough to repel the enemy from your line or pushing through their's instead.

Front Line Preparation
Command Points: 1
Cost: 10 Ammunition
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Description: Urge good men to prepare for the worst, increasing all defensive building speed
Specifics: Sandbags build time reduced by 50%
All mines build time reduced by 30%
Barbed wire build time reduced by 20%

Death Crawl
Command Points: 2
Cost: N/A
Duration: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
Description: Experienced men of the front lines are aware that compared to sitting in a kill zone it is better to get out of one. Upon reaching level 1 veterancy, infantry will have reduced movement penalty when under suppression.
Specifics: Conscripts, Combat Engineers, Penal Battalion will have 50% less movement penalty when under suppression.

Advanced Front Line Equipment
Command Points: 3
Cost: 65 Ammunition
Description: Conscripts can be turned into true Frontovik that can push through enemy lines, changing their rifles to sub-machine guns at the cost of losing some of their other utility.
Specifics: Conscripts have all rifles replaced with PPSh-41, they no longer can throw AT grenades or build defensive buildings. "Oorah!" can be activated during suppression, causing crawling to be even faster.

Wheeled Battering Ram
Command Points: 5
Description: T-34 tanks are well-known to ram their opponents. Now the grim decision of self-sacrifice can target enemies other than tanks.
Specifics: T-34 can now ram weapon crews and buildings. Upon doing so, they receive a definite "damaged engine" de-buff. Weapon crews rammed will lose two entities and crew will receive a "stunned" debuff. Buildings will receive 400 damage and units inside are forced to exit (may re-enter immediately). Ramming against AT guns will not just caused "damaged engine" but a definite "main-gun destroyed" as well.

Incendiary Barrage
Command Points: 6
Cost: 120 ammunition
Duration: Self-explanatory (already exist)
Cooldown: Self-explanatory (already exist)
Description: Self explanatory (already exist)
Specifics: Self explanatory (already exist)

ostheerostheerTerrain Engineering Doctrine

Terrain can be the determining factor of skirmish results. This doctrine emphasizes the engineering of the environment so that your army can get the edge on the battlefield.

No-man's Land
Command Points: 1
Description: Valuable points on the battlefield are often hard to capture. Heavy machine guns firing at enemies in neutral areas will suppress much faster.
Specifics: HMG squads gain a additional 0.1 suppression when firing at units in neutral areas.

Field Engineering
Command Points: 2
Description: Pioneers can now engineer the battlefield so that it will hinder your enemies' advances.
Specifics: Pioneers can build "Kill Zone" and "Soft Ground", available in the defensive building menu. "Kill Zone: are flattened terrain that will give a red cover to units passing through. "Kill Zone" are roughly the size of a bunker and is built similar to barbed wires, each kill zone takes 7 seconds to set up when not under fire. "Soft Ground" are terrain that act similar to mud and deep snow, slowing down units passing through severely. The size and building fashion is similar to "Kill Zone". Both "Kill Zone" and "Soft Ground" can be destroyed by explosives. Both "Kill Zone" and "Soft Ground" have 300 hitpoints and cannot be repaired. There is no cost for building "Kill Zone" and "Soft Ground", but de-buff are both allies and enemies.

Ambush Engineering
Command Points: 3
Description: Pioneers and Grenadiers are capable of setting up ambushing spots, concealing themselves and providing medium cover.
Specifics: Creates a small tall brush the size of a barbed wire that provides medium (yellow) cover to units. Units using this brush can conceal themselves when out of combat. The brush can be seen by enemy commanders, thus building one in the middle of a open field is not recommended. Tall brush can be destroyed by explosives, has a hit point of 100.

Half-track Engineering Kit
Command Points: 4
Cost: 50 Ammunition
Description: Half-track are able to drop "Soft Ground". Has a much faster build time than Pioneers.
Specific: Half-track can drop "Soft Ground" similar to how Riegel mines are dropped. Build time is only 4 seconds and have no cool down. Upon upgrade, Half-track can no longer carry infantry nor upgrade for flamers.

Stuka Bombing Strike
Command Points: 5
Cost: Self explanatory (already exists)
Duration: Self explanatory (already exists)
Cooldown: Self explanatory (already exists)
Description: Self explanatory (already exists)
Specifics: Self explanatory (already exists)

23 Jul 2014, 04:16 AM

Wheeled battering ram. Yes.
23 Jul 2014, 05:08 AM

Sounds interesting. Setting up killzones for enemies and building a bunker to watch that place would be interesting.
23 Jul 2014, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 05:08 AMsteel
Sounds interesting. Setting up killzones for enemies and building a bunker to watch that place would be interesting.

Extremely UP because a soviet AT gun will destroy it. Little health, as well. It takes tank traps 500 health to be considered useful.
23 Jul 2014, 05:38 AM

Extremely UP because a soviet AT gun will destroy it. Little health, as well. It takes tank traps 500 health to be considered useful.
You ruined my dream. I hate you.:*(
23 Jul 2014, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 05:38 AMsteel
You ruined my dream. I hate you.:*(

Only combat engineers or USF archelon or engis should destroy them. Ostheer would accidentally destroy it themselves when shooting enemies on it, as well, which would be bad.
23 Jul 2014, 07:29 AM

a half-track that can "drop" soft ground? odd.. :)
23 Jul 2014, 07:39 AM
Patrion 14

looks interesting. i would buy that sov commander. although its weird that stuka dive bomb is 5 cp...
23 Jul 2014, 14:26 PM

Certainly some nice ideas there, especially the killzone and crawling speed increase-thingy.
23 Jul 2014, 14:51 PM

Well for the killzone ability, it looks like the old barbed wire field for Soviet in beta, anybody want it back in the new DLC commander?
23 Jul 2014, 15:21 PM

I have ideas about posting one for US. My understanding of OKW is too limited for me to provide a relevant commander that is actually somewhat original.

@steel: As braciszek has stated, the terrain are not designed to be indestructible so as to prevent a lockdown of a area. Making it still vulnerable to destruction means the opponent still has a chance of breaking through. It has no cost, and can be built to cover a lot of area, so the time taken to break down the entire terrain will be nearly equal to the time it takes to prepare.

@akula: "Soft Ground" is basically making the earth slippery and uneasy to move on. So "dropping" would be like mixing the dirt below with water or just leaving mud behind. Sort of like a half-track taking a dump in the middle of the road.

pigsoup: Could you tell me what exactly you felt caught your interest for the Soviet commander? I don't want the Dive bomb to be too high level. Introducing it mid-game would mean it has enough relevance to cooperate with "No Man's Land" since the Dive bomb will neutralize points.

@PanzerErotica: Thank you

@vietnamabc: Something like that, yes. To be honest I wouldn't mind having a large selection of commander. On the basis that they are all balanced, that is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 33
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak