Login

russian armor

So when do US terminator units get a nerf?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
21 Jul 2014, 06:03 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 04:08 AMWiFiDi
... seriously you could have done without the name calling. there was no reason for at all other than you want to be abusive to others.

Didnt name call anyone except relic. Who thoroughly deserve it due to these issues being raised for over one month and not addressed properly. Nothing new.

Although maxim and OH UP'ness has been an issue for months.
21 Jul 2014, 06:13 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't think americans are such a big problem?
Yes M191..... and some random numbers there, is a little Op, it should not give such supression but besides that, I don't realy see what's the problem here. I mean, nothing that OKW cannot contain and defeat.
Instead nerfing rifles, I would buff a little the fusiliers ( a little more health) I would change that sturm officer retreat thingy (officer should be allways the last man standing from that squad - not almost every time the first or second casuality from squad), and a little more supression power for mg34, in order to make Luftwaffe a usefull choice.
21 Jul 2014, 07:03 AM

So when is Vetlolcake getting banned? I'm getting really sick at reading his whine.
21 Jul 2014, 07:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Didnt name call anyone except relic. Who thoroughly deserve it due to these issues being raised for over one month and not addressed properly. Nothing new.

so you admit it. :) So let me get this straight you can call someone names because they didn't do what you wanted, when you wanted it...

21 Jul 2014, 07:05 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 07:04 AMWiFiDi

so you admit it. :) so let me get this straight you can call someone names because they didn't do what you wanted when you wanted it...

You misunderstand the point. I said they are idiots. I am the customer and i expect the product to be fit for consumer use. I.e. I pay money for a balanced game.

This is not a balanced game atm. Refer to Imperial dane video
21 Jul 2014, 12:16 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't think americans are such a big problem?
Yes M191..... and some random numbers there, is a little Op, it should not give such supression but besides that, I don't realy see what's the problem here. I mean, nothing that OKW cannot contain and defeat.
Instead nerfing rifles, I would buff a little the fusiliers ( a little more health) I would change that sturm officer retreat thingy (officer should be allways the last man standing from that squad - not almost every time the first or second casuality from squad), and a little more supression power for mg34, in order to make Luftwaffe a usefull choice.

What about Ostheer? If u dont nerf rifles and buff some units in OKW, that doesn't help OH at all.
Last game, me and two friends 3v3 against 3 US players, well, that was hard trololo, spam rifles with BAR's and 1919, we hold barely until m15AA (the weapon made by God himself) rolled and izjebo se at us... Man, it was embarrassing. I had a sniper, on decent killstreak. He was roflstomped by m15AA on max range in 2-3 sec. Maybe, we could make it if there wasn't m15, so ofc i need to rush PAK, cuz fausting is sucide. So to go to PAK i can't counter that rifle spam. FFS this is pure trolling (by Relic)... GG WP
21 Jul 2014, 13:48 PM

Although maxim and OH UP'ness has been an issue for months.

No name calling means no name calling.

Besides that, the game is released since less than a month, so how can it be that these issues have been raised for such a long time? Regarding the points you brought up about PGrens, Fallschirms and Obers - they did not receive a balance change, but simply a bug was fixed.

It seems you want issues fixed instantly, but then if the patch is not good or the changes are over the top you complain. Assuming Relic really had no idea about an issue it would probably take at least 1 week till it becomes clear it really is an issue. More likely more, as with a new patch and changes often people are too stuck up in their old builds and it takes them a while to try out counters. Once it's likely a problem usually Relic gathers some initial opinions from some players. Then creating possible fixes takes a bit (as I assume, Relic is not just waiting for the latest problem to be discovered and can drop everything to take care of it). Let's say 2 days. Then you actually need to verify if this change solves the problem and does not create other problems. This is far less obvious than you may think, especially if not only one thing, but 30 or 40 are changed at the same time. That means you need at least 2 or 3 weeks of testing, for major issues probably more. Then there is an additional week for QA and to create the changelog / videos regarding the changes. The majority of the community does not understand the stat changes in the changelog, so it's necessary to write texts (though a lot ignore there and go straight to complaining). In total you have probably a month or two till something gets changed.

You misunderstand the point. I said they are idiots. I am the customer and i expect the product to be fit for consumer use. I.e. I pay money for a balanced game.

This is not a balanced game atm. Refer to Imperial dane video

No. You pay to be able to play the game. You do not pay a monthly fee to make them continuously support the game. It's getting supported because that is what is necessary and expected for such a game. A company which would not do this would most likely not sell subsequent games. Yet you in no way pay for a balanced game. Once again, please stop name calling.

Regarding Dane, I think he's quite biased to the way he thinks a faction should play and not how it is balanced. Conscripts for example do not scale well into lategame as a combat unit, but have a high utility value. For Volksgrenadiers you also have a high utility value for the Panzerschreck, so they have less abilities and no other upgrades. If you compare Volksgrenadiers and Conscripts you'll notice that they are pretty similar in performance. Riflemen on the other hand do not have much utility value. They can't build anything, AT-Riflegrenade is a vet ability and the weapon upgrades are not actually on the unit, but faction wise (with a cost to enable them and forcing you to get them in base). So they have close to no utility cost and are incredibly strong per cost.
This means, I in no way can understand his arguments about Volksgrenadiers underperforming or not scaling into lategame. They are strong due to the Panzerschreck, but in other areas are less effective per cost. Overall it's still a balanced and fine unit. If he prefers Volks without a Panzerschreck, but a LMG, then that's a design issue, not a balance issue.
21 Jul 2014, 21:47 PM

Permanently Banned

No name calling means no name calling.

Besides that, the game is released since less than a month, so how can it be that these issues have been raised for such a long time? Regarding the points you brought up about PGrens, Fallschirms and Obers - they did not receive a balance change, but simply a bug was fixed.

It seems you want issues fixed instantly, but then if the patch is not good or the changes are over the top you complain. Assuming Relic really had no idea about an issue it would probably take at least 1 week till it becomes clear it really is an issue. More likely more, as with a new patch and changes often people are too stuck up in their old builds and it takes them a while to try out counters. Once it's likely a problem usually Relic gathers some initial opinions from some players. Then creating possible fixes takes a bit (as I assume, Relic is not just waiting for the latest problem to be discovered and can drop everything to take care of it). Let's say 2 days. Then you actually need to verify if this change solves the problem and does not create other problems. This is far less obvious than you may think, especially if not only one thing, but 30 or 40 are changed at the same time. That means you need at least 2 or 3 weeks of testing, for major issues probably more. Then there is an additional week for QA and to create the changelog / videos regarding the changes. The majority of the community does not understand the stat changes in the changelog, so it's necessary to write texts (though a lot ignore there and go straight to complaining). In total you have probably a month or two till something gets changed.

No. You pay to be able to play the game. You do not pay a monthly fee to make them continuously support the game. It's getting supported because that is what is necessary and expected for such a game. A company which would not do this would most likely not sell subsequent games. Yet you in no way pay for a balanced game. Once again, please stop name calling.

Regarding Dane, I think he's quite biased to the way he thinks a faction should play and not how it is balanced. Conscripts for example do not scale well into lategame as a combat unit, but have a high utility value. For Volksgrenadiers you also have a high utility value for the Panzerschreck, so they have less abilities and no other upgrades. If you compare Volksgrenadiers and Conscripts you'll notice that they are pretty similar in performance. Riflemen on the other hand do not have much utility value. They can't build anything, AT-Riflegrenade is a vet ability and the weapon upgrades are not actually on the unit, but faction wise (with a cost to enable them and forcing you to get them in base). So they have close to no utility cost and are incredibly strong per cost.
This means, I in no way can understand his arguments about Volksgrenadiers underperforming or not scaling into lategame. They are strong due to the Panzerschreck, but in other areas are less effective per cost. Overall it's still a balanced and fine unit. If he prefers Volks without a Panzerschreck, but a LMG, then that's a design issue, not a balance issue.

No offence but you are a heavily biased Soviet and allied player.

21 Jul 2014, 21:52 PM

and you are a heavily biased axis player
21 Jul 2014, 22:03 PM

Permanently Banned

and you are a heavily biased axis player

No im not. I am merely re-affirming what ID has confirmed. There are some glaring issues that need to be addressed i am not calling for 50% nerfs to units but tweaks that will make the game fair. Mainly Addressing the following

- US AA truck Damage/Cost/HP
- US infantry / Rifles/Paras - BARS/M1919 Far too powerful
- VOlks lack of Late game scaling due to lack of upgrades
- Panther....enough said
- Maxim spam - One of the biggest issues atm
- OKW Jagdpanzer - SUcks aarse
- OH infantry too weak and Tier tech far too expensive
- MG42/34 Lack of durability /Damage - Huge issue
- Grens as only Viable option for OH and even then dont stand much of a chance vs US infantry. They need a durability buff
- PGS - Enough said.
- T-34 85 needs cost increase or move to CP 11

Once these issues are addressed a and they are simply singular units Over performing then the game will be fairly balanced.
21 Jul 2014, 22:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

no offense, but that was absolutely the most pathetic rebuttal I've ever read on coh2.org. im offended at your lack of effort. o_O
21 Jul 2014, 22:05 PM

This is too good :D

How did you come up with that conclusion? Going through my recent posts about not changing Sturmpios for now, stating that I find Jacksons overperform, that Cons do not need a buff against OKW, that the Sherman is fine and such things I have to say...
YOU CAUGHT ME! How could you see through my clever ruse to use reverse psychology?

As a certain important and famous person recently said:
00:01 - Censored: dont u know
00:01 - Censored: there must always be two
00:02 - Censored: a master
00:02 - Censored: and an apprentince

Oh, I bow before you, VetLolCake. I'll instantly message Dane and tell him, that you are a worthy apprentice.
21 Jul 2014, 22:15 PM

i really want to see vetlolcake playing the game. could you stream, maybe?
21 Jul 2014, 22:25 PM

A stream of tears running down his cheeks when he says the pride of the fatherland die at the hands of those capitalist scum from oversea?

Oh yea, I'd like to see that as well.

Okay, that's maybe a bit over the top. I like to be 'a bit' of a troll at times :p

Now honestly. It's known. If I see something in the forums and I agree that it's an issue I'll post that in the balance forums. That usually means that the other betas and the balancers see it and if it really is an issue that usually means it will get looked at and changed. It's not instantaneous though.
21 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM

1. maxim spam is OK, if you cant beat it just watch replay and learn from your mistakes.

2. US infantry is super expensive and should be effective because of it. m1919 is expensive

3. Panther is fine imo. try to use micro maybe ?

4. volks best infantry ingame...try not to loose all of them.

5. pgrens kill everything at mid range, dont use them as assault troops, another l2p issue

6. i have to agree with you that milkacow is usa and russian fanboy, lot of them these days, you know lot of russians love USA and vice versa.

7. : opens microwave:

22 Jul 2014, 01:02 AM

Permanently Banned
1. maxim spam is OK, if you cant beat it just watch replay and learn from your mistakes.

2. US infantry is super expensive and should be effective because of it. m1919 is expensive

3. Panther is fine imo. try to use micro maybe ?

4. volks best infantry ingame...try not to loose all of them.

5. pgrens kill everything at mid range, dont use them as assault troops, another l2p issue

6. i have to agree with you that milkacow is usa and russian fanboy, lot of them these days, you know lot of russians love USA and vice versa.

7. : opens microwave:

1. BS
2. Ok let me grens be 40mp more expensive and let them carry two LMGs then well call it fair? ok. Let them also fire LMG on the move like Paratroopers
3. Yeah 175 fuel = 230 fuel for OKW. That means it should be as effective as IS2. OH wait it gets murdered by an IS2. Fail again
4. LOL. LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
5. Yeah squad wiped withing second of two rifle man squads they suck and are mince meat. Thats why no one uses them
6.Whatever
7 Whatever.
22 Jul 2014, 01:13 AM

BEST.
THREAD.
EVER.
22 Jul 2014, 01:34 AM

t-34-85 increase LOLS, but allied lmg is op right now, rifles may be a bit more strong as well.
22 Jul 2014, 01:50 AM

Just give me a reason this clown isn't being banned?
22 Jul 2014, 02:17 AM

relic pls no mor rifl i no tak murican penus no mor nerf no pls relic ned play with no mous pls
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak