Login

russian armor

How to Force Relic to Change War Spoils

15 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM

It's a really badly designed system, so why not abuse it?

I personally have a MouseController script that just plays a custom 1v1 with an expert AI on the smallest map in the game 'La Gleize Breakout', with high resources, 250 victory points, and fixed starting locations. The script just waits for the AI to win by VPs, which takes roughly 7 minutes. This is the shortest match type I can think of that's still above Relic's rules of: game must be longer than 5 mins, and must be either a win or loss. I let this run while I'm at work, and also overnight. It usually yields around 6 war spoils / day.

Even though I feel bad about doing this, I think everyone should do it as it seems like it will be the only way to force Relic to change this poorly thought out system.
15 Jul 2014, 17:37 PM
Patrion 14

The only thing they will change is that you can´t get war spoils against AI because of your script. Thank you.
15 Jul 2014, 17:47 PM
Patrion 15

I would rather give constructive feedback on how to make the system better than gaming the current one just to have it get AI xp patched out of the loot system, further alienating the player base.
15 Jul 2014, 17:52 PM

It's quite simple- either make the 6 rare commanders obtainable by reasonable leveling (like in vcoh, it probably took 40 hours of gaming time to get level 45 Assault Support) or make them free for all owners.

The base commanders are simply too few for a $20 expansion, and this is disrespectful of the user base.

The miscellaneous junk lottery can be kept in place even, but commanders- either free or dlc are essential for full enjoyment of the game.
15 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

who cares about war spiolers anyway? its a nice bit extra and you get lucky or not thats all its not you can ge a 'better'comander out of it like same ppl think if you find one or pay for wane you have automaticly a better com and thats not so
15 Jul 2014, 19:32 PM

who cares about war spiolers anyway? its a nice bit extra and you get lucky or not thats all its not you can ge a 'better'comander out of it like same ppl think if you find one or pay for wane you have automaticly a better com and thats not so

Some of the commanders give you a clear competitive advantage.
15 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

I would rather give constructive feedback on how to make the system better than gaming the current one just to have it get AI xp patched out of the loot system, further alienating the player base.

AI players get patched out, they complain, Relic gets more pressure to change the system. That sounds pretty good to me. Honestly if the system is going to give people a competitive advantage I really don't even think custom games should allow people to get war spoils at all, but if they won't budge on that they should at the very least make the progression to the bulletins / commanders be measurable and tied to your rank, rather than this random duplicate idiocy.

I have a personal theory that maybe Relic just got some kind of ultimatum from Sega that said something like 'We need you to increase player 'engagement' stats.' So some genius at Relic came up with the brilliant idea of this system as a way to (artificially) boost playtime hours. Well if stats is what they want, stats is what they get via this script.
15 Jul 2014, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 19:32 PMdodongo

Some of the commanders give you a clear competitive advantage.

And which one would that be?

The ones who give you the best ability mixes are the free ones.

Arguably elite troops is the only really advantageous commander.
15 Jul 2014, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 19:51 PMKatitof

And which one would that be?

The ones who give you the best ability mixes are the free ones.

Rifle company is pretty OP.
15 Jul 2014, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 19:51 PMKatitof

or you know, that one with the vet rifles that doesnt actually drain all your fuel vetting units, as well as the best american tank. or theres the american mechanized commander that gives you cars and lets you 1 shot okw buildings.
15 Jul 2014, 20:02 PM

I was considering the vanila faction commanders so oversight on my part.
15 Jul 2014, 20:17 PM

I dislike the fact that you cant simply buy the WFA commanders, I simply dont have enough time do get them all with this abysmal drop rate, I think both systems should co-exist somehow, If you dont want to pay, then grind for it, the very fact that you can get it for free is a large improvement over the previous system where you were forced to pay for it no matter what.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★