Login

russian armor

Veteran Riflemen Company

15 Jul 2014, 03:37 AM

So, I got the Rifle Company commander a couple days ago, and have been playing around with him. I've noticed a few things about it that I'd be interested in hearing input on:

1) Vet rifle squads start with different amounts of experience. In the first replay below, my three squads deployed with barely vet1, about halfway to vet2, and barely vet2, in order. However, tested against an easy comp, I saw my first squad deploy about a third of the way to vet2, and my second deploy with about a quarter, i.e. less. I can't figure if there's a pattern; perhaps it's just uniform RNG between a minimum of vet1 and a maximum of vet2.

2) The cooldown on calling in veteran squads isn't a big deal. Your third squad can be deployed at about 2:40 (plus your reaction time). However, you have enough manpower income to build an ambulance between the first and second squad, giving you three rifle squads and an ambulance right at 2:40. In contrast, your third squad from the barracks comes out at 2:00, but the ambulance after that won't hit until 3:14.

3) Vet2 makes rifle squads a lot more durable. MP bleed is noticeably less with vet2 rifles in light of regular checkups at the ambo.

Here are a couple replays using Rifle Company. I'm rank 344 as of this writing, so the play isn't very high level, especially after the early game when both I and my opponent get distracted. ("HURRDURR STUART IS AN HERO! What are these 'easy' shermans fer? I htink ill just build normal shermies...")

15 Jul 2014, 10:14 AM

I really wish I had the Rifle Commander. Its probably the best USF commander at the moment.

Easy 8's are great too since you don't have to choose ammo with them. They're everything a USF Sherman is supposed to be with an slightly increased fuel cost.
15 Jul 2014, 11:03 AM

On the topic of Veteran Riflemen, from what I understand it's just a random chance. It is possible to get Riflemen who may not even be Vet1 and it is possible to get Riflemen who are already Vet2. The chance is weighted in a manner that makes the extremes less likely.

Rifle Company does seem pretty good right now.
15 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM

On the topic of Veteran Riflemen, from what I understand it's just a random chance. It is possible to get Riflemen who may not even be Vet1 and it is possible to get Riflemen who are already Vet2. The chance is weighted in a manner that makes the extremes less likely.

Rifle Company does seem pretty good right now.

I have this commander and the rifleman's xp is random but will always be at least vet 1 with the occasional vet 2 right from being deployed there is no rhyme and reason for it other than I can tell you the vet 2 and the vet 1 rifleman with really high xp close to vet 2 occur less frequently.

Things I can recommend with that commander are not to get the flamethrowers on your riflemen when its unlocked unless you have to clear a building, but I usually just do this by getting bars or zooks the reason I do not get the flamethrower is by this time your riflemen are probably vet 2 or 3 and an unlucky shot will blow up the flamethrower possibly causing you to lose the whole squad which you really do not want to happen to a 3 star rifle squad. Also the easy 8 is probably overall the best allied tank in the game right now. It is a bit tougher than the regular sherman with better frontal armor as well as the pen is TONS better than the reg sherman. Easy 8 can easily beat two p4 by itself and even a panther if you flank. In packs they can wipe the map of german armor if used correctly there also very accurate on the move so I like to run them in flanking positions never stop and drive right back out and repair. A tiger of any sort out of position will get railed by 3 easy 8's or more all you have to do is run right at them and around to the back of them and use 1 easy 8 to block it from backing up there speed is pretty decent if you keep them moving once you stop there a bit slow to get moving again. Only problem I have with them is there AI and pathing dosen't seem as good as the regular sherman as far as navigating crowded maps with little open terrain. They just don't like to move the way I expect them to sometimes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★