Login

russian armor

Balance Wehrmacht vs. US

31 Jul 2014, 17:15 PM

The fact that so many Germans aren't happy is enough.

About same % of german players weren't happy with march deployment patch either saying soviets were too strong so you know...

You can't really have this kind of poll to be accurate without voters having to post their playercards to prove they play both sides to have somewhat objective opinion.

This poll and all similar ones are always "buff us, nerf them, we have it always bad, no matter how good we have it, its always not enough".
31 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

Lol at earlier in the thread people saying american late game is weak.

Double LMG vet3 rifles dominate infantry.

Jacksons with AP rounds and .57mm AT guns with AP rounds and the vet1 ability dominate tanks. (better than ZIS and su85). Hint: tag the enemy tank with .57mm shots and finish with jackson AP rounds.

Stuart gun carriage snipes off paks and obers.

Sherman is a good meat shield and infantry killing tank.

All of the american tanks can quickly fall back and decrew for easy low-micro repairs, use high mobility to do damage and then fall back for repairs, wash, rinse, repeat.

Only problems late game will be on narrow maps against jadgtiger and elefant with spotting scope combo, but the russians would have exactly the same problem.
31 Jul 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 17:15 PMKatitof

About same % of german players weren't happy with march deployment patch either saying soviets were too strong so you know...

You can't really have this kind of poll to be accurate without voters having to post their playercards to prove they play both sides to have somewhat objective opinion.

This poll and all similar ones are always "buff us, nerf them, we have it always bad, no matter how good we have it, its always not enough".

If you have played as the Wehrmacht you most likely would have been quite annoyed with the balance. I'm not saying nerf the Americans into the ground, rather give the Germans an equal chance against them.
31 Jul 2014, 19:52 PM

If you have played as the Wehrmacht you most likely would have been quite annoyed with the balance. I'm not saying nerf the Americans into the ground, rather give the Germans an equal chance against them.

I do play them, thou in 2v2.
I don't consider early game to be that much of a problem, oorah conscripts flanking everything seem more of an issue and once BP1 gets unlocked and I have rnades and LMGs things turn into different direction.

Most annoying thing is M15, but that can be dealt with PaK or even 222 and some baiting with infantry so the "at volley" is unloaded on infantry and not on your 222.

Also, because I am annoyed with some things it does not mean that these things are overperforming. It just means they are annoying to deal with.
9 Aug 2014, 10:51 AM

Permanently Banned
Voted bad. early game i.e. US AA needs looking at. As do Rifles long range DPS
9 Aug 2014, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 17:15 PMKatitof

What the hell are you talking about? March deployment made Grens and Pios the masters of the battlefield...

Right now Ostheer is probably the most skill-intensive faction with OKW and US blobbing the Soviet Maxim spam meta.
9 Aug 2014, 15:17 PM

What the hell are you talking about? March deployment made Grens and Pios the masters of the battlefield...

Exactly.

And there still were plenty of people saying "sov op".

Right now Ostheer is probably the most skill-intensive faction with OKW and US blobbing the Soviet Maxim spam meta.

I'd argue that unless you believe you magically gain skill boost in mid and late game against USF.
Against sov its pretty balanced and if you struggle against any strat its because you refuse to build proper hardcounter.
9 Aug 2014, 15:30 PM

Its mainly the halftrack...rifles only can be handled despite their superdamage..but add the aa halftrack along with MP losses to teching and him getting free lieutenant..its great early game disadvantage.Either rifles long range DPs needs a small nerf to give grens a better chance early on..or falk truck/m20 by making early us teching a bit costlier, needs to be delayed.
And easy eight needs maybe 10 fuel cost increase .
Thats it.I'm in favor of 2 lmg 1919s as that gives us infantry its lategame edge,though the suppression is lame.
USA at gun however needs a buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 19
Germany 15
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L