Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes Server Migration

PAGES (11)down
8 May 2013, 00:08 AM

Seems like Steam is overloaded already, I've tried three times to start the Steam version just now and each time I don't get connected to multiplayer, so those tabs are greyed out and my stats show nothing. It worked ok this morning, but 2v2 is still buggy as heck, you always get "game is full" errors, and you have to start over.

This is really, really disappointing.
8 May 2013, 03:32 AM

Pathetic would be the word.
8 May 2013, 07:32 AM
Donator 22

Did they ever say sth about a release after 2.7? about fixing some of the stuff broken?
8 May 2013, 08:05 AM

Did they ever say sth about a release after 2.7? about fixing some of the stuff broken?

Kinda after launch of COH2 the COH1 would use those servers for some of it's features. But i wouldn't count on it.

The Steam version currently SUX - its unplayable for most in terms of quality - if no ppl play it - no one will ever patch it. We can support it by playing it - idk: no idea :/

And "pathetic" is rly the WORD
8 May 2013, 09:47 AM

really sad, and i was naive enough to believe that we were gaining something with this transition.....
8 May 2013, 11:37 AM

Asking by curiosity;

Is it too expensive to maintain a dedicated server just like Quazal even by a company like Sega?

Is the Steam server provided for free of charge?

It's seems that COH1 is just dumped to Steam and left alone to its faith.
8 May 2013, 20:55 PM
Donator 22

if no ppl play it - no one will ever patch it. We can support it by playing it - idk: no idea :/

:-) nice idea, I like it. Does not sound like you have a huge impact on a personal level as everybody is only this one shitty player, but as a group, this is the strategy to go for.
A bit like democracy and voting.
thanks for the idea.
8 May 2013, 21:31 PM
Donator 22

9 May 2013, 10:00 AM

Seems like Steam is overloaded already, I've tried three times to start the Steam version just now and each time I don't get connected to multiplayer, so those tabs are greyed out and my stats show nothing. It worked ok this morning, but 2v2 is still buggy as heck, you always get "game is full" errors, and you have to start over.

Are these the stats from the previous server? I had over 700+ games played but since this migration I don't see jack! Just slightly pe-od right now.
9 May 2013, 16:26 PM

I have been receiving buggy error messages when I do automatch. I would wait a long time, then it would seem like its starting up, and then give me an error "game is full" or something like that. Quite annoying!

Plus will they ever show rank info in the lobby when u just highlight a game? Instead of having to join the game? As well as number of players waiting in automatch?
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 9 May 2013, 18:43 PM

Are these the stats from the previous server? I had over 700+ games played but since this migration I don't see jack! Just slightly pe-od right now.

As we announced there was no way for us to move the stats over from the old server to the new one. Sorry about that.
10 May 2013, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2013, 18:43 PMNoun

As we announced there was no way for us to move the stats over from the old server to the new one. Sorry about that.

Eh, old stats might be important to some, but even with ~1.5K games, I don't care if it gets wiped out.

What I would like to see is:

* Good matchmaking
* Good results tallies
* Some implementation anticheat
* Social features enabled

In a nutshell, what we had before, and maybe some enhanced cheat detection.

Of course, any further development on the game would be greatly appreciated, but not expected. Good luck on the last month of COH2 dev!
10 May 2013, 09:46 AM

Any news on when you will update the steam version Noun? It's pretty much a mess right now...
10 May 2013, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2013, 18:43 PMNoun

Noone is afraid of starting over - basically all were eaqualled to lvl 10 when 2.602. We just need everything working for ppl to be motivated to "comeback".

But..., if the COH1 even could get some improvements, like (mentioned before) anticheat, steam-stats, embeded solutions for steam modules, this game could outlive coh2 - i bet
10 May 2013, 15:47 PM

I have a feeling this is being done on purpose so more people buy CoH2 in June, the timing tells you everything. MVGame
10 May 2013, 15:51 PM

I have a feeling this is being done on purpose so more people buy CoH2 in June, the timing tells you everything. MVGame

It won't happen as my PC was too weak to handle beta and probably released version as well.... :D
10 May 2013, 17:08 PM

I don't care about my stats, I would like some improvements however.

Greets
Schepp himself
11 May 2013, 06:23 AM

I cant wait 1v1,2v2 matchmaking. I am quit after 10-12 minutes. I am low level player.
4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 13 May 2013, 16:56 PM

The timing was set by Ubisoft/Quazal for when they wanted us off their servers. We would have tried to move sooner but THQ wasn't interested in investing the money to make that happen, and had no money so it's kind of academic. We started the process shortly after the SEGA purchase.

Ideally we wouldn't be doing it at the same time we were finishing the sequel, and would have had this finished and locked away before the end of last year.
13 May 2013, 18:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thanks for clarifying, Noun.

Am I allowed to ask you: when will the map list return, and when will we be able to see how many peeps are waiting for games?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS