Login

russian armor

Countering 2 mgs

20 Mar 2013, 00:01 AM

I've noticed its really hard for me to beat 2 well placed mgs that seem to lock down my riflemen on 2 sides of a map. I'll get an m8 out, and by then they have an ostwind and I won't have any AT on the field, and the ostwind wrecks havoc.

Any idea's?
20 Mar 2013, 00:26 AM

Your problem is probably is likely more basic than a specific counter to 2 MGs, so you should post a replay if you want good advice.

If MGs are on opposite sides of the maps, you can spread out your rifles and attack 1 MG with all of your rifles (although you only should need 2 if it's alone).

whoops I forgot a word, edited
20 Mar 2013, 15:41 PM

Flamers + nades!
20 Mar 2013, 18:29 PM

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=details&id=279913

Prime example...

I can't do anything in this game. he just puts a few mgs in places that will cover every angle I get close enough to through in a nade and it doesnt do anything. My flamers and flank all get suppressed and he just has to back it up with some AT to basically fuck off my m8s.

On top of it, its all guarding his mortars so any attempt to go hit the vp ill just lose a squad. I hate to get so frustrated over this, but to me just takes no skill to spam mgs and put them in building s and bunkers.
20 Mar 2013, 20:55 PM

Inverse answered this on stream. Thanks for the help!
22 Mar 2013, 01:39 AM

Snipers and arty... Because if they spam mgs, they don't have much capping power.
23 Mar 2013, 00:05 AM

Not even a bit the same thing but I played a PE vs. Ami game yesterday (I am low level, he was very low level) and he literally built nothing except MGs. That didn't work out so well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★