Login

russian armor

Justification for the okw fuel income

• This thread is locked
12 Jul 2014, 23:55 PM

- is it the muni to fuel conversion that cuts you muni in half for + 4-5 fuel per minute?
- is it the salvaging wrecks.... all 4 of them in the whole match for 20 fuel?
- is it the heavy tanks (KT,JT) that all most never see action in smaller matches? (strum tiger not worth it at all)
- is it that the okw has a generalist tank like the p4?
- is it the fast veting of tanks that makes up for their smaller numbers?
- is it the one overpriced shreck volks?
- is it the short range low damage rw43?
13 Jul 2014, 00:02 AM

OKW has cheaper tech, five levels of vet, and tech structures that have a lot of utility. Additionally their units tend to be more powerful individually (except Volks). To counteract this, they get less units because of less income.
13 Jul 2014, 00:06 AM

In my opinion it is this:
1) Very low cost of tech
2) Availability of AT and AI units in every tier, including T0
3) Salvage
4) Fuel/muni conversion
5) Infantry that are very efficient at killing other infantry
6) Veterancy 5

Also lol @ the sturmtiger not being worth it. That thing is a beast.
13 Jul 2014, 00:29 AM

Permanently Banned
There is no justification for it. Just because they have 5 levels of vet means fuck all.

It gives you no advatnage right until very late game where rarely units reach level 5 vet IF your units are still alive. or you havent been decimated by sov sniper, maxim and T-3485 call in
13 Jul 2014, 00:50 AM

1) Very low cost of tech
3) Salvage
4) Fuel/muni conversion
6) Veterancy 5

This.

Just shut up and play the game, if you don't like the faction don't play them.
13 Jul 2014, 01:57 AM

1) Very low cost of tech
3) Salvage
4) Fuel/muni conversion
6) Veterancy 5

1)Tech cost is almost identical to USA (in OKW resource terms)
2)T0 AT? for what? very rarely will a person build AT before 5mins
3)Salvage? as I said if you can salvage 1 wreck a min it is still only +5 per min.
4) Dont make me laugh......
5) As oppose to what? UBER riflemen? Shocks? Guards? Penals? Snipers? BARS? 1919s??
6) Vet 5? Do you understand how hard it is to actually get to vet 5 with inf? let alone armor!

OKW can field 2 or 3 max tanks per game (2v2) while Allies spawn tanks like rabbits. Please explain how this is fair and balanced?

PS Dullahan if you are not going to add anything constructive to the post please do us all a favour and stay in your box.

13 Jul 2014, 02:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

1)Tech cost is almost identical to USA (in OKW resource terms)
2)T0 AT? for what? very rarely will a person build AT before 5mins
3)Salvage? as I said if you can salvage 1 wreck a min it is still only +5 per min.
4) Dont make me laugh......
5) As oppose to what? UBER riflemen? Shocks? Guards? Penals? Snipers? BARS? 1919s??
6) Vet 5? Do you understand how hard it is to actually get to vet 5 with inf? let alone armor!

OKW can field 2 or 3 max tanks per game (2v2) while Allies spawn tanks like rabbits. Please explain how this is fair and balanced?

PS Dullahan if you are not going to add anything constructive to the post please do us all a favour and stay in your box.

So you choose to ignore his reasons because... well you didn't really say why you should. Also they do have UBER riflemen, they are called obersoldaten.
13 Jul 2014, 02:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 02:03 AMTobis

So you choose to ignore his reasons because... well you didn't really say why you should. Also they do have UBER riflemen, they are called obersoldaten.

Um are you slow? Or do you have issues comprehending the letters that make up the words of my post?

Yes they do, 110 fuel later, with 50mp reinforce, zero AT capabilities and a big impact on MP.....

In the mean time one can always fall back on volks! Oh wait....... or prehaps MGs! oh wait........
13 Jul 2014, 02:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Um are you slow? Or do you have issues comprehending the letters that make up the words of my post?

Yes they do, 110 fuel later, with 50mp reinforce, zero AT capabilities and a big impact on MP.....

In the mean time one can always fall back on volks! Oh wait....... or prehaps MGs! oh wait........

I didn't see you mention that anywhere in your post, just rattling off unit names.
13 Jul 2014, 02:56 AM

OKW has less fuel as this faction reflects the Wehrmarcht forces in late 1944, when Nazi Germany had huge issues with fuel shortages and raw material scarcity.

To compensate they have good AI and AT units that do not cost any fuel.Plus, you're always floating quite a bit of MP as OKW. This also reflects the fact that during late 1944 the wehrmacht was drafting 16-18 years old kids into the fray.

As OKW you need to spend your fuel wisely. That's all. Actually if OKW gets too much fuel they get very OP. I do that in team games, just feed my OKW teamates fuel with Luftwaffe supply they get a king tiger at the 12 mins mark... They certainly need the fuel penalty to remain balanced.

OKW units are specialized, if you want MGs and PIVs play Ostheer. Finally you need a lot of resolve and hold your ground, eventually vet 5 and late game wunderwaffen will win the day. So get used to it or change faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci96gA62bYY
13 Jul 2014, 03:14 AM

"just feed my OKW teamates fuel with Luftwaffe supply they get a king tiger at the 12 mins mark"

LOLZ, i stopped reading after this.............ha ha kudos sir you mad me laugh out loud.
13 Jul 2014, 03:16 AM

"just feed my OKW teamates fuel with Luftwaffe supply they get a king tiger at the 12 mins mark"

LOLZ, i stopped reading after this.............ha ha kudos sir you mad me laugh out loud.

Ok you're just a butthurt axis fanboy. So we can end this conversation now. L2P and less whine.
13 Jul 2014, 03:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

@=UGB= SUCKmyCLOCK
you clearly aren't willing to have a constructive discussion/conversation/debate or be respectful to your fellow forum users. So this thread is getting locked.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
unknown 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak