Login

russian armor

How to get the "lost" commanders?

12 Jul 2014, 17:07 PM

Hey fellows,
I bought Coh2 about a month ago. I also bought all offered DLC-Commanders while Steam Summer Sale. Then I compared my available commanders with those on capiqua's list (CREDIT FOR THAT!) Soviet Ostheer

The following are missing:
Storm doctrine
Close Air Support (both Ost)

Armored Assault
Tank Hunter
Not One Step Back
Advanced Warfare (all Sov)

I love the abilities on the Advanced Warfare Commander, the other ones seem to be a valid choice too. Is there any chance to get those commanders - are the "old" ones added to the war spoil system?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards from Krautland =)

12 Jul 2014, 17:11 PM

Close air support and Advanced Warfare were non-purchasable commanders. They were part of a special event and could only be downloaded for free for 1 week. They should be droppable via warspoils.

Armored assault and Storm doctrine were both regular DLC commanders. If you are sure you have bought them you should contact steam or Relic if they no longer show up in your inventory.

The Not one step back and Tank hunters doctrines are new and only available via warspoil drops.
12 Jul 2014, 17:11 PM

Isnt Armored Assault available for regular purchase via the steam store? Same for Storm doctrine.

You cant get Advanced and Close air currently, as they were part of a Steam event. Tank hunter and Not One Step Back are available via War spoils.
12 Jul 2014, 17:14 PM

Close Air Support and Advanced Warfare were available for free for a limited time, as part of the Make War Not Love promotion. They have never been available for purchase on Steam; if you missed the promotion originally they were not obtainable, but now you should be able to get them as war spoils.

Storm and Armored Assault were available as part of the Collector's Edition, or separately as DLC from Steam. You should still be able to purchase them if you want them, but failing that you can get them as war spoils.

Tank Hunter and Not One Step Back are not yet confirmed to be available as war spoils, though they are in the game as I've seen at least one developer use them in MP. They have never been available in the live game previously, and they've never been up for sale as DLC.
12 Jul 2014, 17:28 PM

Storm doctrine and Armored Assault was my fault, they are ready-to-buy in steam. Sorry for that.
I just bought the Armored Assault one, Storm isnt that interesting imho.

Thanks for your answers, soldiers.
Therefore I just have to farm war spoils and pray to the mighty RNG god for he returns my love? Advanced Warfare is so damn good :-(
12 Jul 2014, 17:38 PM

Close Air Support and Advanced Warfare were available for free for a limited time, as part of the Make War Not Love promotion. They have never been available for purchase on Steam; if you missed the promotion originally they were not obtainable, but now you should be able to get them as war spoils.

Storm and Armored Assault were available as part of the Collector's Edition, or separately as DLC from Steam. You should still be able to purchase them if you want them, but failing that you can get them as war spoils.

Tank Hunter and Not One Step Back are not yet confirmed to be available as war spoils, though they are in the game as I've seen at least one developer use them in MP. They have never been available in the live game previously, and they've never been up for sale as DLC.

AFAIK both Tank Hunter and NOSB are both obtainable through war spoils, several people have gotten them IIRC.
12 Jul 2014, 17:40 PM

AFAIK both Tank Hunter and NOSB are both obtainable through war spoils, several people have gotten them IIRC.

I wish they weren't asses and uploaded some reps with the use of them.
12 Jul 2014, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 17:40 PMKatitof

I wish they weren't asses and uploaded some reps with the use of them.

I would spend 20 euros just to get the Not one step back commander. Seriously, i would troll the shit out of this game.
12 Jul 2014, 17:46 PM

That's very disappointing to hear as NOSB is total bullshit.
12 Jul 2014, 18:35 PM

Its ok that NOSB and Tank hunter are warspoil-only, because they were added with WFA.

Imho its just a bit -unfair- to give those other mentioned commanders only to those who participated in some promotion. It'd better if you also could buy them afterwards, just in case you missed the promotion or just bought the game... They wanna make money without pissing the players off - why not? =)

Thanks again for your help, mates.
13 Jul 2014, 21:57 PM

Does anyone know why two new Soviet commanders were added, but seemingly none for the Ostheer?
14 Jul 2014, 02:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just a guess? The Ostheer commanders they are going to add had the potential to mess up the balance of the WFA release, and they are waiting for the game to settle down first before release.
14 Jul 2014, 03:45 AM

Does anyone know why two new Soviet commanders were added, but seemingly none for the Ostheer?

These commanders where actually rather old, but were delayed after the blowback of the elite doctrine and industry doctrine. They ended up using a lot of the stuff in the ostheer commanders to make OKW commanders. The soviet stuff couldn't be used for US commanders so they stayed until they could release them once they solved the P2W issues, AKA WarSpoils.
14 Jul 2014, 04:01 AM

14 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM
14 Jul 2014, 14:55 PM

lucky for you guys, I saved the screenshots in 2013:

http://minus.com/i/z3bvlwiptpZC
http://postimg.org/image/3onvi2t97/7f92e9f8/

Thx man, can you plz show us the image without the chat screen blocking. The Soviet overwhelming armor looks interesting, perfect for T-34 fans like me.
14 Jul 2014, 15:12 PM

Thx man, can you plz show us the image without the chat screen blocking. The Soviet overwhelming armor looks interesting, perfect for T-34 fans like me.

How is he supposed to remove the chat boxes, without removing the text underneath aswell?
14 Jul 2014, 15:15 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have better screens. These were their experimental commanders in late 2013.

'Tank hunters' and 'No retreat' have been confirmed.

'Encirclement' and 'Urban assault' have been identified in the files.

However, I do have a better picture of encirclement which I will post here later. There is a new unit called 'stormtroopers'.

I think I have a screenshot of urban assault saved but I have to find it first.
14 Jul 2014, 15:31 PM

14 Jul 2014, 15:57 PM

encirclement

Because you need a commander to sprint? :D Apart from that this commander looks good, "Breakthrough" ability is in one of the 1943 ToW Coop missions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★