Login

russian armor

Fighting Games

PAGES (11)down
24 Mar 2013, 19:17 PM
Benefactor 115

It'll be interesting to see what the update will consist of. Injustice is looking quite neat though from what I've seen so far.
25 Mar 2013, 10:14 AM

I don't think there will be much more from the patch than fixing unblockables and providing some balance changes. And, honestly, that's enough for me.
25 Mar 2013, 13:49 PM
Benefactor 115

I guess they won't be too bad but I'm still not a huge fan of focus attacks and FADC on block.
25 Mar 2013, 18:46 PM

I don't think they're ever going to touch that, sadly :/
I'm not a fan of FADC in general, but that's partly because I can't use them for shit. I mean I can pull off freaking electrics in tekken more consistently than I can pull off DP FADC ultra with Ryu <.<
26 Mar 2013, 17:23 PM
Benefactor 115

I'll give the game a go again when the update is released but I don't think I'll spend too much time on it.

Anyway it's Final Round 16 this weekend and there's gonna be some sick tekken tag 2 play going on.

Tentative Schedule for Final Round 16 http://www.finalround.org/schedule.cfm

Friday, March 29, 2013 - Start Time: 2:00 PM

Curleh Mustache Battle Royal
Darkstalkers Resurrection Invitational
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Regional 5v5 Teams
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v. 2012 Singles (to Top 8)
King of Fighters XIII Singles (to Top 8)
Soul Calibur 5 Singles (will finish on Friday)
Melty Blood Actress Again: Current Code Singles (will finish on Friday)

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - Start Time: 10:00 AM

King of Fighters XIII Singles (Top 8 to End)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Singles (to Top 8)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Singles (to Top 8)
Street Fighter x Tekken Singles (to Top 8)
Persona 4 Arena Singles (will finish on Saturday)
Mortal Kombat 9 Singles (will finish on Saturday)
Dead or Alive 5 Singles (to Top 8)

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - Start Time: 10:00 AM

All of the following will be streamed by Team Sp00ky:

09:00-11:30 - Street Fighter x Tekken Singles Top 8
11:30-01:30 - Dead or Alive 5 Singles Top 8
01:30-04:00 - Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v. 2012 Singles Top 8
04:00-07:00 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Singles Top 8
07:00-10:00 - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Singles Top 8
27 Mar 2013, 10:33 AM

Might check that out then.

Also, Alex Valle on using training mode:
27 Mar 2013, 14:27 PM
Benefactor 115

Alex is a great teacher. That set he had with Diago at the madcatz unveiled event was amazing.
1 Apr 2013, 13:56 PM
Benefactor 115

Final Round 16, what a great tournament. Refreshing to see so much TTT2 for a change.

Results http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/31/final-round-16-streaming-live/
2 Apr 2013, 12:06 PM

So my student association is holding a superhero party in two weeks. At some point during planning someone thought "hey, let's mail warner bros, ask them for a promotional copy of Injustice and make a tournament for lolz" before passing out after beer number twelve.

Well, WB replied, and decided to provide us with that copy, as well as a freaking stand for the game and some tournament prices.
What.
2 Apr 2013, 14:12 PM
Benefactor 115

Yeah warner are a good publisher. When the bids for Relic were going on I was hoping warner were going to pick up Relic, however SEGA have done some great stuff with Virtua Fighter so here's hoping!
8 Apr 2013, 08:49 AM

My roommate got to go to a scheduled game tournament xbox360 with his university "house" (digital media production) were they had tournaments with prizes for (amongst others) Super Street Fighter 4. Meanwhile the sociology class met to debate the existence of Sociological fact and if so the useful applications of it.

Sometimes I wonder where I went wrong.
9 Apr 2013, 05:20 AM
Benefactor 115

I always wondered how they can support such a large range of games knowing how gamers can behave (that game is ass, my game is better) and how in the RTS scene there's just Blizzard games with the large communities and tournaments.

I find that the two genres are very similar; they require a lot of match up knowledge, they require fast adaptation of situations, they require an element of dexterity, both genres are at their best imo when playing against human opponents.

Anyway something to ponder.
9 Apr 2013, 09:00 AM

Also, positioning and (in a certain degree) resource management. :p
9 Apr 2013, 10:46 AM

And both are extremely punishing to lose. I mean in a FPS, I can just become used to losing, and even if I do get killed and fail all the time my team can win, giving me some satisfaction (or vice versa). In RTS games I can struggle for 40 minutes and fail, which can be hard to swallow. And in fighting games you'll prob feel like you lose control of your character when getting beaten, which can be extremely frustrating if you don't know how to deal with it or if you're a hot headed person.

I can honestly not see why Starcraft is popular from a viewers PoV. I've seen some streams with a friend, and day9 every now and then. But it's never the game that draws me in (rather the spectacle and the casters) and it just looks boring. But then again I feel the same about LoL and DoTa2, so what do I know. :p
9 Apr 2013, 13:23 PM

Well, shooters (and mobas) tend to be team games, meaning you can still get carried by your team, or conversely get fucked up because of your team. Winning or losing in a fighting game or RTS, provided the balance isn't completely fucked up, is always on me.

Personally, if I have to choose between playing against a solo Eddy in Tekken Tag 2 and lose due to my lacking match-up experience (and the fact that capos can go fuck themselves), or play a LoL game where I end up 18 - 0 and still lose because my team fed even harder, I'd go for the first option. In this case, I lost because I didn't play good enough, not because my team was slightly shittier than the opposing team.
9 Apr 2013, 13:52 PM
Benefactor 115

I think that's what puts people off them. The fact that if you lose it's all down to you and there's nothing you can pin the blame on except for your own bad play.
9 Apr 2013, 16:42 PM

That's not entirely true. There's still complaining about balance on forums :p

On another subject, have anyone tried Yatagarasu? It's supposedly made by some ex-SNK guys and is supposedly rather similar to 3rd Strike, so I'm intending to check it out.

edit: okay lawl, I'm definitely getting this. It doesn't have the same pace as SF3, but it's got several of the same characters, and the game seemingly has the same focus as 3S.
I'm going to turn off the fucking announcer though -.-
9 Apr 2013, 18:36 PM
Benefactor 115

KSK and Tokido are announcers as well as kokujin who is in that video. I'll get it when I have money.

Speaking of KSK, I always enjoy watching his Alex play

9 Apr 2013, 21:05 PM

Give me a poke when you get the game then, I really want to try this out properly. The system seems really well done tbh.

The characters will be easy to get into. The cast literally consists of two shotos, Fei Long, Zangief, Dudley, two versions of Hibiki from SNK(one motion, one charge) and one other chick that I can't really place. Still, it's very easy to jump into them.
I also like how you don't really pick a super. You can use both of them at any time, but you choose which one you want to make more powerful at the start of the round.
9 Apr 2013, 21:25 PM
Benefactor 115

will do sir.

in other news SFXT 2013 PC patch is with ms for cert I believe.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS