Login

russian armor

Rifle infantry cmdr is the best

10 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM

I think the rifle infantry cmdr is the best among the cmdrs (blue one,rare).
Its «Easy eyes» Sherman is so good, too good?

What do you think ?
10 Jul 2014, 17:24 PM

Starting with vet 2 riflemen is the real strength.

The Easy 8 is okay, but nothing too special. Lacks the anti-infantry punch to deal with At guns and shreck squads, but offers a handy durable buffer for your infantry. The artillery is unique in that the DoT cannot kill units, just leave them on 1hp.
10 Jul 2014, 18:16 PM

I like this commander.. lets you go both T2 and T3 for early / mid game and still get decent amount of tanks later on. The white phosphorous smoke is good for fighting blobs and rifle flamethrower lets you skip BARs. Obviously vet rifles give you an early game advantage.

I've found the Easy Eights to be sort of a cross between your regular sherman and the Jackson. They have decent AI (upgrade w/ MG), good penetration, great armor, and you don't have to switch the shells around.
10 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

ez8's not really as great as you think it is. it's pretty unreliable at penetrating heavy armor and has less ai than the m4a3 75mm given it's cost and the time it hits the field. 215(?) armor isn't all that special especially considering what it usually has to go up against at 9cp. the veteran rifles are what make this commander shine.
10 Jul 2014, 19:58 PM

^
Thanks for that. I had asked about that in another thread. The 210 armor sounds nice, but by 9CP it doesn't mean that much against OKW.

Against Ost it sounds good. Against puppchen, puma, & panzershreck it sounds good too.

How is it against paks and PzJ IVs??
10 Jul 2014, 20:04 PM

Considering how good and versatile the American Riflemen are in the early game without this commandeer, having them be vet 2 is the real strength of it. It is very strong.
10 Jul 2014, 20:13 PM

^
Thanks for that. I had asked about that in another thread. The 210 armor sounds nice, but by 9CP it doesn't mean that much against OKW.

Against Ost it sounds good. Against puppchen, puma, & panzershreck it sounds good too.

How is it against paks and PzJ IVs??

great against pivs, stugs, those kinda tanks. if you get the top gunner i guess a pair of them can do an alright job decrewing a pak. it's just that its an expensive medium tank that comes out at 9cp so that pak is usually going to be well supported at that point of the game. it's not a bad tank just don't expect it be a panther.
10 Jul 2014, 20:30 PM
Donator 11

They have a *chance* to come out vet 2. Most of the time (>50% it feels) they're vet 1 which doesn't really do anything except against kubels and decrease the time they take to get to vet 2.

The e8's 76mm trades significant AI preformance in exchange for greater than T34-85 AT preformance. Looking at CoH2-stats, it penetrates 60-50 percent of the time against the panther's front compared to the 75mm sherman's 40-27 percent chance (first number is close range; second is max). Like every sherman however, it can take the 70 muni .50cal upgrade which lessens the impact of the cannon's poor AI ability. The 215 armor means you have a 17% chance of deflecting point blank panzerschrecks.

Against ostheer it will eat anything short of a panther they send at you, while the limited resource income against OKW means that you always outnumber whatever armor they send at you.
10 Jul 2014, 21:17 PM

the easy eight is amazing. not sure what you guys are talking about. 55 more front armor, so it can actually deflect hits from a jagdpanzer. it has nearly double the penetration at long range. its got less scatter than the shermans HE rounds, but less AOE. all that for 40 more mp and 25 more fuel. its hands down the best american tank. for pure damage, pen and range the jackson is better, but the durability and AI make the easy eight better in my opinion.
10 Jul 2014, 21:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 21:17 PMwooof
the easy eight is amazing. not sure what you guys are talking about. it has 720 hp, which means it survives an extra hit compared to the sherman. 55 more front armor, so it can actually deflect hits from a jagdpanzer. it has nearly double the penetration at long range. its got less scatter than the shermans HE rounds, but less AOE. all that for 40 more mp and 25 more fuel. its hands down the best american tank. for pure damage, pen and range the jackson is better, but the durability and AI make the easy eight better in my opinion.

Wasn't the extra HP removed in the alpha? it only has 640HP now, I'm quite sure.

But still the E8 dominates (or used to in the alpha, I haven't used it in the live version) all other standard medium tanks for cost except the t3485. It costs 10 more fuel than a Panzer IV and beats it hands down head to head for example.
10 Jul 2014, 21:37 PM

Wasn't the extra HP removed in the alpha? it only has 640HP now, I'm quite sure.

oops. youre right. my mistake. thats the bulldozer sherman that has 720.
11 Jul 2014, 03:30 AM

This is the doctrine which I have the most problems with (I have lost every game against it)

It's one of those rare commanders in which every ability is useful...

Vetted riflemen with BARs and flame-throwers are bad enough and with the E8 thrown in as well it just gets rather silly.

OKW pretty much have no vehicle counter to the E8 (it gets significantly worse when 2 or more appear) as Pumas, Jagdpanzers and even Panthers will lose to them. I think a large part is that OKW are already at a disadvantage fuel-wise, and so when you hit 9CP you will get 2 of them out where as the OWK will be stuck with 1 armour piece.

Shreks seem to be the only option and not a very good one at that!

P.S. what accuracy buff does this thing get on the move (if any) ?
11 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM

I haven't used the commander, but, I have been steamrolled by easy 8's and t-34/85's. they seem to be awesome. can't wait to unlock this commander and the dodge one too.
11 Jul 2014, 05:02 AM

This commander is the only reason I grind for war spoils. Every ability sounds awesome. White phosphorous, vettted Rifles, easy 8, flame rifles... damn!
11 Jul 2014, 10:55 AM

Break the balance by War spoil, GG Relic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★