Login

russian armor

USF Late-game !!!HELP!!!

9 Jul 2014, 18:36 PM

Playing USF since release but when it comes to late-game I'm always struggling vs vetted infantry and tigers. Tried many strats but none of them worked, seems like USF can't do anything in late-game. :(

How do you guys fight in late-game and overcome the germans?
9 Jul 2014, 18:46 PM

US has very poor late game capabilities unless they snowball early game and manage to spam tanks.

It's something that will need looking into eventually, I suspect.

On the other hand, you can just spam the AAHT to secure an early and mid-game advantage at this point. It's so effective it's pretty much an exploit.
9 Jul 2014, 18:55 PM

consider getting out the m20 utility car, early mid game, whenever OKW get pushed back go and lay a mine on an important path, OKW get very few vehicles so having one killed in one go (puma) or imobalized is a game changer. Also try bulldozer sherman against the infantry, its brutal. Killing a king tiger is hard, but a mixture of infantry blinding it with smoke grenades and at guns/jacksons from range will do the trick
10 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM

You playing 1v1 or team games?

USF, imo, are not designed to fight longer games. You have an early game advantage which you need to exploit. They start vetting up and get out heavy armor there is not alot you can do. You need to stop it getting to that point with early map control and jumping on them.

10 Jul 2014, 13:56 PM

Copied what I wrote in another thread:

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 13:52 PMS73v0
Generally I find US late game to be strong only if you keep your armour alive. If you keep making shermans and losing them piece meal you will lose badly. At all cost keep all armour alive and when you have 3-4 tanks you can use one smoke barrage and then flank and charge with all your tanks and vetted infantry. That's how I've been winning late game against OKW. You shouldn't be worried about sitting back with your armour as long as you keep a decent fuel income as OKW doesn't get as much fuel as you. If the OKW gets jagdpanzer 4 or higher armour tanks then you might want to switch up a sherman with a m36 jackson.

US tanks do a lot of damage but can't take a lot of punishment in return. As long as you keep your armour alive things will start to snowball and you can defeat any armour the Germans throw at you. Thanks to the resource scarcity of OKW you should be able to field far more tanks than the germans so long as you keep your armour alive.
10 Jul 2014, 14:08 PM

USF may have problems in late game against Ostheer from what I see, but not against OKW. At least, I didn't feel they have problems, in 1v1 I took some beating from USF , BECAUSE what is happening in late game when the lack of resources is even more obvious for OKW and every mistake is paid dearly.
Against Ostheer though, yes, I think they have problems and not only in late game. Ostheer has a better balanced army than OKW. In 2v2 and more, Ostheer and OKW combo is dangerous for any Allied combo.
10 Jul 2014, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 13:56 PMS73v0

US tanks do a lot of damage but can't take a lot of punishment in return. As long as you keep your armour alive things will start to snowball and you can defeat any armour the Germans throw at you. Thanks to the resource scarcity of OKW you should be able to field far more tanks than the germans so long as you keep your armour alive.

The Stuart is also good for stunning other tanks so your Jackson can hit it. I've stunned and critted Elefants and Tigers from the front but I think the shot has to pen for the ability to work, so it's risky. I think Priest and Scott may also be able to Crew Shock if they hit, at least kill repairing pios.
10 Jul 2014, 14:25 PM

The Stuart is also good for stunning other tanks so your Jackson can hit it. I've stunned and critted Elefants and Tigers from the front but I think the shot has to pen for the ability to work, so it's risky. I think Priest and Scott may also be able to Crew Shock if they hit, at least kill repairing pios.

Yep you have to pen it usually from rear or side armour. When I used stuart I've never been successful with it as it only takes 2 shots for a stuart to go down and the stuart has some terrible target priority which shoots at the infantry closest to the tank with the ability rather than the tank itself <444>_<444>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★