Login

russian armor

Puma, the queen of the wilds (£$%£^$"!!!)

7 Jul 2014, 15:56 PM

ok, I am a US player and find it next to impossible to fight the pumas.

Ambushes from 3 zooks at once + successful rifle nades don't work, as it warps away not noticing the broken engine...

the flaks die like flies to a couple of their shots, so do m10's.. jacksons manage to land one shot and the return shots often damage them severely enough to forget a dream to chase the feline down..

Eventually, the bloody germans get their vet on it and then it becomes a machine of doom, sniping infantry and killing whatever it likes with no fear of retribution - naturally, the hordes of fusilliers follow to drag me into a war where they get two more vet stars than I can get.

is there any reliable way to counter those or should I start quitting games when I see one hit the field? help! :D
7 Jul 2014, 16:03 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Captain with double bazookas and AT guns work just fine. The more the game progresses and the more the axis player relies on pumas, the better your situation gets.
8 Jul 2014, 08:31 AM

Plenty of hard counters to a Puma, practice how to use them before ranting on the forums. Hand on your heart its not that powerful compared to its counterparts in the game..
8 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM

Captain with double bazookas and AT guns work just fine. The more the game progresses and the more the axis player relies on pumas, the better your situation gets.

Could not agree more. As OKW while playing T3 extensively, you realy need to win quickly. If you didn't, you have a big chance to fail aginst M10s, M36s and the sacred blob.
8 Jul 2014, 08:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

there are definitely many counters to a puma. if you let okw get tons of vet on a puma that is most likely a problem on your end.

it sounds to me like you're not mircoing/positioning your units very well.
8 Jul 2014, 15:22 PM

being a what i consider good okw player i have to disagree with you here. pumas are quite cheap especially in popcap and supported by vetted german inf theyre a nightmare even for jacksons/shermans. now if the little cats have lots of vet, too, things might get really ugly for the US. this might partially be due to weird jackson target priorities though
9 Jul 2014, 08:22 AM

Without a doubt the puma is main the mobile AT against the AM. using the jagdpanzer or panther however is downright suicidal as you will be swarmed by AM armor.
9 Jul 2014, 08:23 AM

Puma is a very useful unit in 1v1. But it is not OP.
9 Jul 2014, 08:29 AM

Had the exact situation you faced vs OMGPOP. It feels frustrating when the puma skirts away so fast with a little health left and one more shot can take it out. IMO the speed and acceleration combined with smoke is a little over the top. Maybe they just need to make rifle AT nades more reliable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment