Login

russian armor

Totally Useless Feature I'd like to see

13 Mar 2013, 21:05 PM

With the improved engine, COH2 will look better and more realistic - basic stuff.

I'm not giving any cent on my idea as we are already praying for more interesting and vital features about RTS in esport for COH2.

Initial thoughts :

- COH2 last Facebook post shown us (or at least me) that they want to make the game really realistic in terms of gameplay, visuals, player feelings.

- RTS are played and viewed with the same POV (from above).

- If any player turns the camera angle, you'll take time to recognize a map which you have played hundred of time just because you're only used to 1 POV.

- COH2 engigne will look pretty cool - even though the alpha didn't impressed me that much - it's stil a wayway better engine than vCOH.

Useless Feature Idea :

While watching a replay (or specting a ladder game??), it would be funny to be able to jump inside the POV of units (EDIT: not the POV of the player as SC2 - btw POV of the unit in SC2 would be totally useless as everything dies in a second, so no point for them to use the idea).

Explanation :
You're casting a COH2 game and suddently a TIGER APPEARS, you click the tiger, you select his POV and BOOM you're in the cockpit or on top of the turret and the camera follow the main canon vision and you're like "fuck yea, I'm a tank commander". And the tank fire at ennemy and you're like "Fuck yea, die piece of shit !"

Then you move back the the normal RTS POV and continue the cast as nothing happened.

???

Profit.
13 Mar 2013, 21:18 PM

Haha cool idea Pepsi :P
I'd like to have a player PoV camera, so you can follow what the player is actually seeing in the replay!
13 Mar 2013, 21:23 PM

Yea, but that's not the idea of the topic.
13 Mar 2013, 21:38 PM
Donator 22

Sounds like basically the same thing as cinematic mode but where the viewer is in control. I like it!

I've tried watching a few replays on cinematic mode and there is SO MUCH POTENTIAL for coolness...but I don't want to watch a ketten cap a point when there is a huge tank/inf battle elsewhere. In other words, currently cinematic mode blows, but could be really cool if done right.
13 Mar 2013, 21:45 PM

Sounds awesome
13 Mar 2013, 21:47 PM

Sounds awesome

Yea, me and my ideas are awesome MVGame

As you said, it would be a kind of controlable cinematic mod - but more than that, it would be a FPS POV.

Imagine the ingame images you could get witht the RIGHT camera angle from a :
- sniper shooting some guys while the battle goes hard around,
- jeep rushing in the smoke,
- tank battles.

Well you get the point.
13 Mar 2013, 23:40 PM

I don't think I can 2v2 without someone using this in a very crucial moment xD

I like it!

Edit: Reread, and only in spectator mode :(

Whyyyy, I always liked pretending I was a jeep :(
14 Mar 2013, 04:47 AM
Donator 22

:-) totally useless feature I would like to see!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★