Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
27 Jul 2014, 14:58 PM

I hate the walking stuka. It's supposed to be "anti-blob right?".. but it insta wipes any sort of weapon team, or MG in a building, or fighting position. Once a walking stuka comes out USA simply cannot have a defensive position anymore.

When it comes to 3v3/4v4 you BETTER have a couple soviets on your team to spam katyusha. Otherwise you'll just be pummeled to death by rocket artillery.

Whats even more frustrating is that USA doesn't have any kind of reliable anti-emplacement on the level of rocket artillery.
28 Jul 2014, 09:23 AM

It doesn't just punish the blob it also penalises you if you try to set up a diverse defensive lines as well.

I cant count the number of games I play where for the first 20 mins I am all over them and have total Map control, my forces spread out well with a good mix of units, then my defensive line is approached by a single infantry squad and I am thinking "eh whats he playing at?" just to realise that he's about to just draw a LINE with the Stuka along my defensive LINE, shortly after and bang, MG, AT gun and probably a squad that's in their too wiped, through the fog comes a couple of blobbed squads and a Puma and its pretty much all over.

I know people will start going on about the Kat and say well its just ridiculous now but IMO the Buff to the Kat was a direct result of this unit over preforming against both factions, add to this the fact that the USF have no decent none doc indirect fire units and its just plain unfair.

Give the Americans the Calliope Tank so at least they have something to return fire with.

28 Jul 2014, 09:30 AM

I know people will start going on about the Kat and say well its just ridiculous now but IMO the Buff to the Kat was a direct result of this unit over preforming against both factions, add to this the fact that the USF have no decent none doc indirect fire units and its just plain unfair.

Give the Americans the Calliope Tank so at least they have something to return fire with.

How about the Pack Howitzer and the M8 Scott?

The Walking Stuka's damage needs to be towned down a little so it doesn't one-shot squads and ambient buildings so easily (no overnerf please).
Vaz
28 Jul 2014, 13:40 PM

The damage would have to be toned down a lot to accomplish that. Each rocket does 200 damage. Any infantry it lands on will easily die, having only 80hp. So the damage can be toned down a little, but it won't have the effect your asking for.
28 Jul 2014, 16:16 PM

Here is replay from my game. Guy that was on the left side with me was blobbing all the time. Nothing unusual that he got punished for that. Still, OKW guys were blobbing even more (check replay). Did they get such punishment for that? Nope. Why? Which USF unit can do things like Stuka, Kat or even Pzwerfer? Priest? No, it's shooting shell after shell so you can avoid very easy. M8A1? the same. Any direct fire (to shoot down Stuka) like soviet's mortars, B4, stationary arty? Nope. Also it comes around 8min so as USF you just can't counter when good microed(unless you face some noob player).
What's more, unit with such power should be very, very fragile but it's not. Hit from Sherman took around 40-50% (Katyusha dies from one Pz4 hit, right?).
I also had really bad teammate on my side who was not helping me with flanking it (just say he got just one vehicle - M36 - for over 30mins and still gave it to OKW...) so that was also reason for some many kills by Stuka, I could not reach it alone, but when I did once Sherman took less than 50% HP...

I tried to go around near the map edge, tired to go ath the same moment from 2 different places but I only met 4-6 blobbing squads.
The moment on the VP near the beggining, there was my 2 unitss (lieutenant and crew with zookas). Rest are "I blob here, shoot me" units from this teamate.
28 Jul 2014, 16:24 PM

LOL everyone in that game was a blobber.. u had a few chances to do a lot better with those stukas but im sure u couldn't see in fog. but try to get infrared next time u had the fuel
28 Jul 2014, 18:10 PM

Here is replay from my game. Guy that was on the left side with me was blobbing all the time. Nothing unusual that he got punished for that. Still, OKW guys were blobbing even more (check replay). Did they get such punishment for that? Nope. Why? Which USF unit can do things like Stuka, Kat or even Pzwerfer? Priest? No, it's shooting shell after shell so you can avoid very easy. M8A1? the same. Any direct fire (to shoot down Stuka) like soviet's mortars, B4, stationary arty? Nope. Also it comes around 8min so as USF you just can't counter when good microed(unless you face some noob player).
What's more, unit with such power should be very, very fragile but it's not. Hit from Sherman took around 40-50% (Katyusha dies from one Pz4 hit, right?).
I also had really bad teammate on my side who was not helping me with flanking it (just say he got just one vehicle - M36 - for over 30mins and still gave it to OKW...) so that was also reason for some many kills by Stuka, I could not reach it alone, but when I did once Sherman took less than 50% HP...

I tried to go around near the map edge, tired to go ath the same moment from 2 different places but I only met 4-6 blobbing squads.
The moment on the VP near the beggining, there was my 2 unitss (lieutenant and crew with zookas). Rest are "I blob here, shoot me" units from this teamate.

the only thing that video shows is noobs playing coh2.
28 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

It's showing how OKW can punish noob player who is blobbing and none punishment for blobbing OKW cause there isnt any unit like that in USF army.
Still, it comes after 8mins (a way too powerful for that time), can take 2 shots from Sherman and stay alive, wipe out vetted squads, USF have no non-doctrinal counter.
28 Jul 2014, 20:32 PM

the only thing that video shows is noobs playing coh2.

15 Mar 2017, 02:33 AM

Tension breaker: how big of losers are most of the coh2 community? The netnazis all over the place... Coh is a cesspool of racist idiots so just relax. The majority of the player base wants a reality of German victory and they got money who's to stop them from op stukas so what.
15 Mar 2017, 02:50 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Thread dates NotLikeThis
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak