Login

russian armor

matchmaking

5 Jul 2014, 12:49 PM

hi!

how is the matchmaking working?
ive got 40hours of coh2 and my mate has something around that too and we are constantly matched in 2v2at vs players with 800+ hours of experience. that is just not fun we never get matched vs players with equal skill..
feels like wasted money because we would need to play like 200 hours atleast of pure getting stomped till we somehow get close to their skill
5 Jul 2014, 12:59 PM
Patrion 14

I guess you have played together more than 10 times per faction you play? After your first 10 games, you will be placed around ppl at similar skill. Most likely. Also, watch casts together, watch your own replays to analyze what could be done better. It's a great way to improve. Lastly, at what time do you play. Some times of the day there are fewer players -> you will get matched with less precision.
5 Jul 2014, 13:09 PM

Have you tried custom games? e.g. title them rank 80 or below, so you will get relatively new players for more fun. I'm not sure how active the custom games are but this worked in dow2 which had similar issues.

You can also play other game modes 3v3s and 4v4s. Anything to keep getting enjoyment whilst still learning.
5 Jul 2014, 13:13 PM

@ le wish ye we did play more than 10 games, we won them pretty easily all but you just cant play vs guys with over 800hours of experience, they are ofc way superior in macro and micro skills and u just get stomped from the very very early game.
@ brichals 3v3 or 4v4 arent a option, im coming from coh1 and more than 2v2 is just spamming, we want to play competively-
5 Jul 2014, 13:27 PM

I'm sorry I thought you were coming in totally green.

But, if you won all your placement matches and you are playing AT with 2 CoH1 experienced players then you are already better than half the playerbase.

It does factor in arranged team vs random team I think. So you may be playing vs 2 random players who are curently higher skill than you, but you are penalised a bit for being arranged team.
5 Jul 2014, 13:40 PM

ok, we are only playing double ostheer so far and now we switched to double sowjets (we didnt play 1 game ally`s so far) and now we stomped the enemy 3 times in a row (they gave up after 15-20mins)

guess there isnt something in our skill range then, we stomp the bad ones and then get placed vs good players and then get stomped by them -.-:
5 Jul 2014, 13:49 PM

ok, we are only playing double ostheer so far and now we switched to double sowjets (we didnt play 1 game ally`s so far) and now we stomped the enemy 3 times in a row (they gave up after 15-20mins)

guess there isnt something in our skill range then, we stomp the bad ones and then get placed vs good players and then get stomped by them -.-:

First 10 games are placement matches, you're matched against noobs as well as pros to determine your skill.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 51
South Africa 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak