Login

russian armor

New strategies for the ostheer

4 Jul 2014, 14:03 PM
Donator 11

I haven't played ostheer for a month I believe, just because I needed to improve my red army play and then played new fractions but yesterday, after learnig to play other fractions I decided to play some Ostheer games. What shocked me was that now I really have no clue how to play it. Started with about 1000 place in 1v1 ladder, now after losing 8 games I'm 2703 which is terrible considering I was never that low. I'm really confused, old tactics like grens + 1 mg42 or 2 grens 2 mgs + mortar seem to simply not work at all neither against usa nor even russians (those worked against russians before!). Russians are important couse there were changes to both them and ost so this topic is only in a half against usa.

I know: l2adapt or l2play, but the topic is here not to whine "ostheer underpowered" couse I don't believe it is. I just want to hear some recently updated and chcecked in battle tactics for ostheer that work from more experienced (or just more creative) players. I will appreciate any help and I believe I'm not the only one with the problem so the topic may be also helpful for others.
4 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM
Donator 22

I worked out a pretty alright strat/build for ostheer(I play them most). for me right now the sniper is a great pick against both factions usa sovs, then 1-2 mgs to controle the masses and the sniper to pick of pinned surpressed squads, then u can start building grens for map controle. if u have the resources tech up and either skip tier 2 to get p4 or ostwind(always a great unit against usa sovs), or if he gets tanks out early, build pak or pzg. try to concentrate ur units to 1 side in early game and then as u get more grens u can expand. and also cap with pio and maybe build a second pio at the start.

rough buildorder:
sniper--mg--mg--gren-gren-...-tech--(pzg/pak)--tech--ostwind/p4

hope that helps u! :D
4 Jul 2014, 20:31 PM

I have a completely different build order vs the US Forces than against the Soviets. Against the US, I go Grenadier-MG42-Grenadier-MG42, then go to BP1, and equip a Grenadier squad with an LMG42. I like to use Elite Troops doctrine to vet my Grens up to deal with Riflemen better, and move quick as I can to Ostwind's, which can shred US infantry when they are being pinned. Dealing with the blob is everything, it seems.
5 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM

Elite troops is great for fighting USA, stun nade is a nice addition to grens.
6 Jul 2014, 16:27 PM

Ever thought about the Ostruppen squads? I feel they can support OKW in team games by playing as the cheap meat shield that the OKW lacks (even Volks are a tad bit expensive in my opinion). I'm still speculating, but I thought you'd like to know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★