Login

russian armor

Feature request : Loan your partner your units in COH2 !

11 Mar 2013, 23:11 PM

I am wondering if it would be posible to loan your partner some of your units e.g. send a tank over at his side of the map and have him control the tank for the duration of the game but at the cost of his own manpower. Your MP is effectively freed up.

Put a limit on the number of units - say max of 2 units - you can loan or borrow to prevent abuse.
12 Mar 2013, 00:23 AM

To what purpose ?
So you can only focus on your own side and play 1v1 within 2v2s ? Yea, let's give up all the interesting factors of the competitive 2v2... I get a sniper, can I borrow your jeep so I can counter snipe on my own ?

Bad idea.
12 Mar 2013, 01:01 AM

Who says you are playing 1v1 within 2v2 ? It is a max of 2 units at most. And it is not mandatory you HAVE to lend/borrow in game. It is just one more option like so many others.
12 Mar 2013, 01:03 AM

"I get a sniper, can I borrow your jeep so I can counter snipe on my own ?"

Why not ? save you time making the jeep. You are still using up your MP. And if you lose the borrowed jeep you have used up one borrowed unit.

"let's give up all the interesting factors of the competitive 2v2"

What are you losing essentially ?
12 Mar 2013, 01:45 AM

I agree with Pepsi :P

Honestly, this simplifies the game too much and turns a 2v2 into separate 1v1s :P

While it's passable in lower levels, it never is passable for medium levels to turn a 2v2 into a 1v1, esp on maps like R&M and Duclair (best 2 maps imo)

I mean, Pepsi's example is a great example of "hey, if that unit counters my own, can I pretty plz take control of that unit so that I can counter those units?"

And besides, normally, you can kind of do it already with crewable weapons - and that's all you really need :P
12 Mar 2013, 04:19 AM

Yeah sounds like a bad idea would kinda negate players working together in 2v2. But I wouldn't be against

A) allowing player to control units from a disconnected ally
B) munition sharing
12 Mar 2013, 14:24 PM

"Honestly, this simplifies the game too much and turns a 2v2 into separate 1v1s"

I don't see how this turns a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 into a 1v1 ? you can borrow a max of two units. Your partner still has to make the units and it still costs you MP.

Most games this will not make a difference but can be handy in tricky and desperate situations.
12 Mar 2013, 14:54 PM

There is a reason why the King Tiger is not able to get the benefits of Blitzkrieg Assault!
12 Mar 2013, 15:48 PM

Third has summed it up pretty well.

On an unrelated note, it reminds of when I played Civ IV multiplayer with my relatively new/bad friends. Of say 7/8 people playing, it usually came down to all bar me fighting with spears and stones - I had great fun unbalancing their small wars with the "gift unit" option :D
12 Mar 2013, 23:20 PM

Sure Kt and other uber units can be off limits ( you get KT/jagdpanther only once anyway }.

Or keep doctrine based units out of the borrow/lend ability.
13 Mar 2013, 00:42 AM

...Or just forget about it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it just wouldn't add anything meaningful to the game.
13 Mar 2013, 08:56 AM

It's an interesting idea. However....

the doctrine abilities would be an issue, as someone stated earlier. Suppose you go infantry doctrine and i'm armor. I can buy an engi from you, build me two howitzers and sell back the engi to you. In the end i only paid for two howitzers, without engineer and without having the doctrine. This would pretty much shake the game up, but still... nice idea.
13 Mar 2013, 09:08 AM

since you are not infantry, you would not be able to build the howitzers (since the "build howitzer" unlock is not tied to the engineers, but the doctrine), but yeah, there's too much other stuff that would cause imbalances... like gifting your units to your mate, cause he is defensive and will pop FTFL... or you gifting your Lieutenant to your brit mate, so he can call down insta arty cause he is arty doc... or what about gifting your US mate your Brit HQ truck? it's a unit after all...
13 Mar 2013, 09:09 AM

So i'm pe, i call in two panthers or a Hummel and give to my wehr ally, freeing up my mp and pop-cap, so I can immediately call in again. Great! :D
13 Mar 2013, 09:13 AM

There is also a reason why a Vet 3 Rifle blob cannot be followed by 3 Lt.s

Now add shrecks, and the only way you can possibly lose is by 2 things:

1 - You go over a bridge with the whole blob and it collapses

2 - Some guy's tank goes out of control and rolls over all your troops
13 Mar 2013, 19:38 PM

Heh !

This is getting interesting > Better arguments this time around instead of dismissing it outright without suggestions or a solid example that would break the game play.

Anyway..

Doctrine based units or abilities cannot be used. So If you are going Armor and your mate goes infantry you can’t build howitzers or call in off map artillery. No Hummels, Perishings, Calliopes,Tigers, Kts , Hetzers, Jpanthers, Rangers, Airborne, Storm troopers, Commandoes etc. That would definitely kill the game play.

Pe can lend his Panther battle group to his Wher/PE Partner but if the partner is pop capped s/he can’t use them. And it woud still cost him 1000 MP. Maybe more. .say 10% extra ? Not a usual scenario to have that much mp floating around I imagine. Hummel is a doctrine unlocked unit. So you can’t lend it nor borrow.

No base structures either. So you cannot lend your Brit HQ to your partner :P

I can see this being a wild card in late game desperate scenarios.
13 Mar 2013, 20:00 PM

Funny how all talk is done like the change would come to coh1.
13 Mar 2013, 20:13 PM

Lending 2 stags so that you have 8-10 broken units running the fields :D Or Howitzers as brits with Royal Artilery so you can have 5 arty guns firing on R&M :D

Or Lending engineers to Brit/PE so they can lay mines/wire/everything they can't currently do, esp PE.

Actually kinda kills what the OF factions are about.
13 Mar 2013, 20:20 PM

erm, brits can lay mines... and PE too :-)
13 Mar 2013, 20:44 PM

i would quite like to have option "shared control" enabled, probably would have to be all munition cost abilities, buildings and reinforce disabled to avoid one or the other bs, that actually would be sweet!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★