Login

russian armor

Does anyone else find playing vs US not very fun?

4 Jul 2014, 03:36 AM

So on the whole I am enjoying the WFA expansion, and I love CoH2. So don't take this as another thread ragging on the game or on Relic. It's also possible that I just suck and don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I mostly play as the Ostheer (I'd like to be decent at at least one faction!) and since WFA was released, I get mostly US Forces opponents. I like having the US back in Company of Heroes, but I find matches against them to be a sort of grueling grind that in the end just isn't very fun. At least as Ostheer. This has to do with the constant blob attacks I run into in what seems every match. Maybe it's just the level of opponents I'm playing against, but it seems to always play out similarly. Make MG42s, equip Grenadiers with LMG42s, and throw out Ostwinds. Prepare for incoming blobs.

I'm not complaining that it's too hard or too easy; I win some against them, I lose some against them. I do, however, find it feeling repetitive and grindy.

Here's a recent replay of mine versus a US Forces player (yeah, yeah, I know, neither player in it is the greatest example of skill) where it felt like the whole game was just fending off blobs:

Also, because I like it, here's a cool screenshot from it:

4 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

Yep. Can't speak for anyone else, but at my level, which is pretty low, in a US forces versus Ostheer match, late game blobbing is not only viable but even pretty effective when done correctly. Enough bazooka riflemen with BARs with some leaders just run around like a big ol' hedgehog that spews out bullets and missiles.

Early blobbing I don't find as much of a problem because in the stage of the game MG42s enough to take it down. Maybe I should experiment more with using MG42s into late game?

Again, talking about casual level. Also, not saying it's overpowered, just that it works, as in, you can get away with it more than with Ostheer or the soviets. Mostly it just bothers me because of how goofy it looks. It's like being attacked by some kind of BAR-toting monster with dozens of arms.

Haven't played enough versus OKW to comment on their blob viability.

Playing as OKW, I haven't found US blobbing to be a problem because of the Sturmtiger. I mean, they can try, but you have a way of punishing them for it.
4 Jul 2014, 03:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I´m not playing vcoh2 1v1 due to 3-6min AA HT. AND builds being a bit too restrictive. Maybe now with the new PPSH i would play a bit SU, but i´m skipping OH for a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★