Login

russian armor

Are they ever gonna fix Soviet?

3 Jul 2014, 21:19 PM

I did not know that. I haven't really seen that unit in action yet.

Consider it the almost best of both MG's in one more expensive package.

Maxim style damage, MG42 style suppression, cone of fire mid way between the two. Shoulder carried, 4 man squad. 280MP.
3 Jul 2014, 21:23 PM

I did not know that. I haven't really seen that unit in action yet.

If you would, you'd instantly think maxim is balanced(and it is).
USF HMG makes DSHK look like pioneers look next to obersoldaten.
3 Jul 2014, 21:38 PM

Well, the DHSK has been underwhelming for a long time. The only reason to get a DHSK is when you really really want an HMG but you don't want to build T2. Even then you are better of trying to steal one from your enemy.
4 Jul 2014, 10:37 AM

Wow kaititof. For someone who flames/argues so much about balance and with that excessive post count, you sure haven't played much actual games and your solo rank is not even <100. You're like a weaker version of Nullist :P

And no one else thinks 2 man sniper teams is bad? Considering that in coh2 there are no mirror single snipers, this needs to be changed. What happened to classic vcoh sniper mechanics/tactics (where countersniping was viable straight up).

4 Jul 2014, 12:21 PM

and here i thought you couldn't sink any lower. yes the 50 cal is good but perfectly balanced. why? because the damn thing can be flanked something that cannot be said for the maxim. anyone not capable of dealing with flanks with the maxim (regardless of the maxim rather smallish cone) is a likely suffering some kind of disease that prohibits good hand eye coordination.
4 Jul 2014, 12:49 PM

Umm, you do realize that .50 cal setups and desetups pretty much as fast as maxim?
4 Jul 2014, 13:30 PM

Umm, you do realize that .50 cal setups and desetups pretty much as fast as maxim?

And has a wider cone of fire, and similar damage, and suppression, etc. etc.
4 Jul 2014, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 12:21 PMJaigen

and here i thought you couldn't sink any lower. yes the 50 cal is good but perfectly balanced. why? because the damn thing can be flanked something that cannot be said for the maxim. anyone not capable of dealing with flanks with the maxim (regardless of the maxim rather smallish cone) is a likely suffering some kind of disease that prohibits good hand eye coordination.

I find your hand-eye coordination issues interesting, you apparently find it easy to flank the .50 cal with its 1.375 second setup time but have extreme difficulties with the maxim's 1.5 second+motorcycle movement logic induced delay.
4 Jul 2014, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 12:21 PMJaigen

Um, the M2HB is just a Maxim without any of its flaws (narrow fire cone, etc). Its setup time is even LOWER than the Maxim. How can you find it easier to flank?
4 Jul 2014, 14:20 PM

The problem with the Maxim isn't the Maxim itself, its the spam that often comes with it.
4 Jul 2014, 15:00 PM

Most of the replies seem to be from people that don't even really have a firm grasp of how Soviets operate...

Soviets are forced to make a choice before the match even begins.

Ex:

-If I go T1 Snipers/Cars then I have to choose XXX Commander as it has Guards. Otherwise I am screwed for AT when the early armored cars hit.

-If I got T2 Maxims/Mortars/Guns then I have reduced capping power so I have to choose XXX Commander as it has Shocks.

Or in Team Games

-I'll just choose the guy with the funny hat because then I get the KV-8 and IS-2 rape machines with their buddy rapoplane.

Obviously these are pretty generic but not uncommon lines of logic for a Soviet player.

You people are bitching that Soviets are a one dimensional army that relies upon unit spam. Have you stopped to consider this is how Relic designed the fucking faction?

When you are forced to build only 2/4 total buildings and get the rest of your units from a Commander doctrine then this is what you get. Soviets are a one dimensional spam army. Ostheer is an extremely versatile army that has way more tools in the box and given the right skill level could probably win even without a commander due to the sheer amount of powerful non doctrinal units. The Soviets on the other hand have one tool: a hammer, and it has to work otherwise they lose.

So yea your gonna see some pretty big fucking hammers, aka maxim spam, truck spam, guard spam, sniper spam, EVERY GAME.

Thank Relic for that. I hate the Soviet design personally.
4 Jul 2014, 15:43 PM

So your mastermind knows-it-all logic is this:
WHEN both .50 cal and maxim are broken, and
BECAUSE .50 cal is broken and not yet fixed,
THEREFORE a broken maxim is fine and shouldn't be fixed!

good luck with your imaginary games
4 Jul 2014, 17:18 PM

Um, the M2HB is just a Maxim without any of its flaws (narrow fire cone, etc). Its setup time is even LOWER than the Maxim. How can you find it easier to flank?

Should have said its easier to pull a successful flank with it. am 50 cal has a lot less hp
4 Jul 2014, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 17:18 PMJaigen

Should have said its easier to pull a successful flank with it. am 50 cal has a lot less hp

Grasping at straws, are we?

It doesn't matter how much HP it have, when it got wider cone(aka harder to flank) and setups much faster(aka harder to flank) and you have more control over it(aka better responsiveness due to it being carried, not pushed on a cart that acts like a motorbike).

Hell, MG42 could have 10 man crew and it would still be easier to flank.

You've made an ass(again) out of yourself and now you're going for weak excuses.

USF HMG is vastly superior to both Maxim and DSHK, crew size doesn't matter, because when crew takes damage, then you have failed with HMG.
4 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

youre full of shit katitof. crew size does matter in flanks. a .50 cal is typically forced to retreat after losing 2 men, a maxim is not.

and what are you talking about "when crew takes damage, then you have failed" squads deal damage to mgs even when charging from the front.
4 Jul 2014, 17:55 PM

Ok, I might have be too hasty on the crew size thing, still, if there is a squad sitting on your HMG, you won't do much to it with said HMG and you'll have to retreat if you don't have support right next to it.

My main point still stands-if you're able to quickly redeploy, you'll less likely to get flanked.
4 Jul 2014, 18:07 PM

i also find it funny that everyone points to the cone of fire as a stat that makes the mg42/.50 cal so good. this was true a year ago, and may still be true for bad players, but everyone seems to forget the weapon traverse nerf. typically, the mg42 wont even get shots off near the edge of its arc because of how long it takes to rotate. at that point, it can often be too late to reposition as well.

the maxim may have the smallest arc, but it repositions quickly and has a much higher horizontal speed. even if a squad is on the very edge of its arc, the maxim will start shooting at it almost instantly.

this is why, if you can micro your mgs, the maxim is much much better than the mg42 and .50 cal.
4 Jul 2014, 18:43 PM

^Totally agree +1
4 Jul 2014, 18:46 PM

imo the main problem of this game is that around 80% of the population play german, so around 80% of the posts of this forum are "nerf the opposite faction naow!"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 679
unknown 16
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak