Login

russian armor

Option to search random factions in automatch

Option to search random factions in automatch...
Option Distribution Votes
15%
70%
15%
Total votes: 92
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Jul 2014, 14:08 PM

Yes, it has been discussed before over and over but I think I have a cool idea that would take the feature one step forward from what it used to be in the vCoH days :)

I think it would be cool to be able to search using any of the following options:

1. Search totally random (the automatcher tries to find you a match with any faction)
2. Search random allies (search a game as either USF or soviets)
3. Search random axis (search a game as either wehrmach or OKW)
4. Search random WFA factions (search a game as any of the WFA factions)
5. Search random vanilla factions (search a game with any of the vanilla factions)

What do you guys think, would it be too confusing for the new players?
2 Jul 2014, 14:38 PM

Someone mentioned an idea somewhere else to just have a list of the factions and tick the ones you would like to play with. That would be the easiest and most flexible way.
2 Jul 2014, 15:17 PM

Someone mentioned an idea somewhere else to just have a list of the factions and tick the ones you would like to play with. That would be the easiest and most flexible way.

Sounds good to me! I already voted on the poll to agree with the solution discussed in the first thread, but this is probably more user friendly.
2 Jul 2014, 16:08 PM

Mentioned that in the Alpha, but I just got counter arguments.... Would be a nice add.
2 Jul 2014, 20:06 PM

Point 1 to 3 are very good.
I don't think that 4 and 5 would support the game because it would split the player base.
3 Jul 2014, 08:21 AM

(I think the option to search random would be nice in another way)

There is nothing 'nice' it should be in because it's essential feature, it baffles me why random search wasn't there on release of COH2, let alone after a year.

Ok so it doesn't baffle me that much, I got used to Relic finding crucial parts of multiplayer game unimportant

Simple check faction/s you want to play with, same as its done with 1v1, 2v2, etc game modes option Thats easiest and simplest option, can't be that many people who would get confused with little check box option.
3 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

Why don't they bring back the old system in COH1 that let you:

- Play 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 with random people against random team only
- play 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 with your friends against enemy pre-team only ?

is this because the COH2 players are too low ?

Just asking cause I saw this system in COH1, not sure why they don't bring it to 2vs2.

Only took them 1 year for Public game room to get in COH2. Maybe another year for this feature ?
3 Jul 2014, 09:55 AM

I think the problem was that the playerbase was too small but maybe this has changed after the release of WFA.
3 Jul 2014, 16:53 PM
Patrion 27

I don't think we need a poll after people have overwhelmingly agreed that this feature would be nothing but beneficial for COH2.
Seb
3 Jul 2014, 16:55 PM
Admin Black Badge

Just let us (un)tick the faction we want to random as. All cases solved. ;)
3 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM

The game is getting a 3rd Ally army and still no random :/
5 Aug 2015, 10:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Been wanting this and complaining about this since the pre-launch Alpha.

YES PLEASE

Want more players in automatch? Give them basic stuff like this. Some players love to random and will play every match this way. And if there is any chance at all that it might improve search times and give better options to the matchmaker, why in the world not do it?
5 Aug 2015, 10:54 AM

YES PLEASE!

Would be emazing!

Btw. where is OP; TNrg. I think he left us for good.
5 Aug 2015, 11:55 AM
Donator 11

Tick options would be great but then you should also be able to choose vetos in your leadout. That way you would not find yourself with ostheer on stalingrad just because you used random search. It would also make changing vetoes much faster.
5 Aug 2015, 19:58 PM

Random everything, factions, bulletins, skins, commanders. Of course we need control, so tick what you want randomed, or even have two set commanders and one random one etc. I might be overthinking this, but it would be cool, like in DoW II with the random option randoming faction, hero and colour scheme.
6 Aug 2015, 04:13 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2015, 19:58 PMSwift
Random everything, factions, bulletins, skins, commanders. Of course we need control, so tick what you want randomed, or even have two set commanders and one random one etc. I might be overthinking this, but it would be cool, like in DoW II with the random option randoming faction, hero and colour scheme.

RNG: The Game

not really that different from what we have.
6 Aug 2015, 06:00 AM

It wouldn't bother me, but anyway, what it would be the purpose of it? If you want to play soviets, you pick soviets and do automatch. If you want to play ostheer you pick them and do automatch.
6 Aug 2015, 06:12 AM

I think the purpose would be that maybe match finding would be faster and more equal. If same skill level player is looking for random and you are too, the system could just throw you to opposite sides. Where now there could be situation where 2 equal players could be searching as axis both.

Also it would be fun, I would use random if there would be possibility. Sometimes I just don't know what faction to pick and I toss coin or something.
6 Aug 2015, 17:56 PM

Might make for some interesting tournaments if people were allowed to enter as random. Of course in custom games the game would have to recognise you cannot have allies/axis mirrors.
6 Aug 2015, 18:13 PM
Patrion 28

Since rank is split by faction, searching random is a bit harder to implement I imagine.
The easy way would be to just decide randomly on a faction before search begins and not show it to the player until the match loads. This would not help with any faster matchmaking but it would work.

The other option is to calculate average rank from all your factions and find a player with comparable average rank then select a random faction on the opposite side than this player is using.

But so much time has passed since launch and Relic never implemented this so I got used to choosing the faction on my own :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
unknown 25
Peru 20
United Kingdom 201
Germany 34
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W