Login

russian armor

frustration

2 Jul 2014, 02:04 AM

Hi all,

Here's my problem...through multiple games with Americans, it seems we just cannot close the deal. We can get very close to winning, but then, it seems Axis will get armor. From there, it's basically game over. AT guns are ok, but are easily flanked. Bazookas do nothing; they're very weak. American armor is a joke. I know most of you will say, "don't let them get that far ahead", but my team and I don't. We cap, we harass, we kill the everloving shit out of the enemy, and they ALWAYS make this miraculous comeback with armor. Any ideas ?
2 Jul 2014, 02:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Winning early tank battles decisively is the only way to beat the late game armor of Axis in 3v3 and 4v4. The critical moment in an even game is the first couple engagements between the armor and anti-armor forces of opposing armies. If you have capped and harassed as much as you say you do, then you should be able to get your armor out before theirs, or roughly the same time. When you first encounter an enemy tank, you want to overwhelm it quickly. This will require AT guns and/or Bazookas.

American armor is very soft, frustratingly so in my opinion. You have to stay on top of the enemy and keep them from hitting critical mass.

2 Jul 2014, 18:27 PM

Hi all,

Here's my problem...through multiple games with Americans, it seems we just cannot close the deal. We can get very close to winning, but then, it seems Axis will get armor. From there, it's basically game over. AT guns are ok, but are easily flanked. Bazookas do nothing; they're very weak. American armor is a joke. I know most of you will say, "don't let them get that far ahead", but my team and I don't. We cap, we harass, we kill the everloving shit out of the enemy, and they ALWAYS make this miraculous comeback with armor. Any ideas ?

I've seen this happen as well. But I don't think its a problem. Generally a good OKW player well be able to se that they are loosing the mid game and fall back just as allied players spread out to capture points. They will fall back to a forward base and try and conserve resources by falling back before loosing too much manpower then build a heavy tank and push out in one big blob. I've found that US forces need combined arms to deal with OKW armor. A combination of infantry AT as well as AT guns and armor.

if we are talking about super heavy tanks like the king tiger that requires an entire army working together to take it out. Tanks by themselves can't stop this thing unless you flank it and stay behind it.

also (I can't stress this enough) always review the replay of any game u lose. First try and identify who was your main opponent if it was a team game and review the post game stats, when did his army value jump? When did yours drop? When did they start floating resources?

then review the replay, identify when and where you lost individual battles. Was there something you could have done to counter? Were you beaten because they were playing better then u? Did u have to fight off more then one player and not get any support? Were there any signs that they were building up to heavy tanks? Try and remember at what time they got the heavy armor out and in future games keep that in mind as the time ticks on.

Its difficult for US to counter German late game tanks. OKW have the most powerful heavy tanks in the game and if they keep their infantry alive they are tough as hell to kill when they are vet 5. That combined with regular German army spamming panzer IV, but it can be done. I played a 4v4 last night all US vs 2 OKW and 2normal German armies and we were able to kill at least two King tigers. So I know it can be done.

also post your replays so other people can maybe see something you missed.
3 Jul 2014, 01:40 AM

I've seen this happen as well. But I don't think its a problem. Generally a good OKW player well be able to se that they are loosing the mid game and fall back just as allied players spread out to capture points. They will fall back to a forward base and try and conserve resources by falling back before loosing too much manpower then build a heavy tank and push out in one big blob. I've found that US forces need combined arms to deal with OKW armor. A combination of infantry AT as well as AT guns and armor.

if we are talking about super heavy tanks like the king tiger that requires an entire army working together to take it out. Tanks by themselves can't stop this thing unless you flank it and stay behind it.

also (I can't stress this enough) always review the replay of any game u lose. First try and identify who was your main opponent if it was a team game and review the post game stats, when did his army value jump? When did yours drop? When did they start floating resources?

then review the replay, identify when and where you lost individual battles. Was there something you could have done to counter? Were you beaten because they were playing better then u? Did u have to fight off more then one player and not get any support? Were there any signs that they were building up to heavy tanks? Try and remember at what time they got the heavy armor out and in future games keep that in mind as the time ticks on.

Its difficult for US to counter German late game tanks. OKW have the most powerful heavy tanks in the game and if they keep their infantry alive they are tough as hell to kill when they are vet 5. That combined with regular German army spamming panzer IV, but it can be done. I played a 4v4 last night all US vs 2 OKW and 2normal German armies and we were able to kill at least two King tigers. So I know it can be done.

also post your replays so other people can maybe see something you missed.

Great advice, thanks. I don't usually look at post-game stats, but I will. I've just won a couple of games as Americans, and it was because we were very aggressive and basically took all the resources early then kept harassing. I don't mind that, but it kind of bothers me that you basically HAVE to do that, or your chances of winning as Americans go down to slim to none, if you allow Axis to go into late game. You are correct though, in that some games I play, one or two allies are terrible. That's what I get for playing 4v4, or 3v3 though I guess...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★