Login

russian armor

Commanders from war spoils

30 Jun 2014, 12:24 PM

Is it normal to get commanders that you already own? This has happened to me twice..
30 Jun 2014, 12:28 PM

Yes, it is normal.
30 Jun 2014, 12:36 PM

30 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM

Isn't that just a bit moot? I mean why give war spoil commanders which you already have? shouldn't there be a script they can implement that should check what you already have? It's a bit disappointing to play for almost half a day get either bulletins that you've already grinded for or commanders that you already paid for.
30 Jun 2014, 13:04 PM

Please, dont complain about it. They are for free now and we should not complain about that!!!
Even if you bought them months ago!!!

Oh, that irony:D
30 Jun 2014, 18:43 PM

It just occured to me, we went from P2W commanders to L2W* commanders.. So basically the situation has become even worse.

*Luck to Win
30 Jun 2014, 18:52 PM
Benefactor 3110

It just occured to me, we went from P2W commanders to L2W* commanders.. So basically the situation has become even worse.

*Luck to Win

No it is not worse. Everybody has the same chance, so it is ok. Easy as that.
30 Jun 2014, 19:12 PM

Apart from the fact that Joe will get it at day 1, William after a few months and uncle Sam will never get it. So Joe will have L2W a few months longer than William and not necessarily by playing more hours overall. And Joe might have an infinite amount of advantage over uncle Sam depending on the effectiveness of future commanders and bulletins. What if a Commander as powerful (unpatched) as the russian industry or ostheer elite forces was released? You would have a lucky few % who would dominate alot of games right at the moment of release. The others can only wait for a patch or the right drop.

30 Jun 2014, 19:57 PM
Donator 22

*Luck to Win

It seems to me that if a couple of commander or bulletin options cause you to win/lose more often than not....

...then you need to simply get better at playing.
30 Jun 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 19:57 PMMortar

It seems to me that if a couple of commander or bulletin options cause you to win/lose more often than not....

...then you need to simply get better at playing.

Read my post above yours smartass. There have been plenty of commanders in the past which gave a substantial advantage and could only be overcome by making no mistakes at all. So im not just talking about commanders available right now....

...so you better think things through next time.
1 Jul 2014, 10:16 AM

No it is not worse. Everybody has the same chance, so it is ok. Easy as that.

Sorry but this is not correct.
What you get is 100% RNG. So, you could get a new commander today and i could get the same commander in one month.
How the Hell is this the same???????????????????

The war spoils system is good but they should leave the commanders out of it because they influence the game and gameplay. You should get them when youlevel up.
Example: Level 20, new commander. Lever 40, new commander and so on (or something like that).
Skins and bulletins are ok for war spoils!!!!!!!!
1 Jul 2014, 10:47 AM

War spoils should only give things that you don't allready own.
Double commanders awards make no sense, nor double plates awards. Double bulletins is even worst. Imagine you have a 10% experience bulletin. Than you get it for another 2 times for the same unit. What, your unit will be able to gain experience 30% faster? Wtf? Smells like COHO and it's shitty. Multiply an AP 4% bonus 3 times. That results in 12% AP for that unit (for instance PUMA). Don't you think a PUMA with 12% AP increase would be OP?! And so on.... I still think it's a bug that needs fixing pronto.
Hux
1 Jul 2014, 12:01 PM
Patrion 14

What a system! its like waiting in line at the cash machine, only to get there and a receipt for something you already bought be printed out instead of money.

This grinding business is bullshit anyway,in ANY game. Its a system borne out of metrics and bean-counters dominating game design. People should be playing for the love of the game, to win, or to improve, not to fucking grind for scooby snacks like a good dog.

Here's hoping there's a 10% less grinding bulletin out there. I sure as shit hope that thing stacks.
1 Jul 2014, 12:06 PM

just got the same commander again.. that's 2 shock motor commanders WHICH I ALREADY OWN. I mean once wasn't enough that you had to send me another one? If I equip them all, do I get uber shocktroops or uber ISU152's?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 109
unknown 11
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak