Login

russian armor

Riflemen eating Volks!

30 Jun 2014, 12:00 PM

Relic, just fix that shit please...

on 1v1 they just beat volks very easy and after bars or browning... just lol :)))
30 Jun 2014, 12:11 PM

They should be able to shoudlnt they? Considering that you have Sturmpios, Kübels, MG34's, Panzerfüsiliers, Obers and Falls, all of which can easily clap Rifles.

US only has 2 starting combat units, i think its fair.
30 Jun 2014, 12:16 PM

And what makes you believe volks should stand up to them?

You are supposed to sit behind cover at all times with volks(no cover is no excuse, you can make it yourself) and support them with other squads and Kubel/sturmpios.

They didn't worked alone in vCoH, they won't work alone here.

They are basically axis version of conscripts, except volks do scale into late game.

Use multitude of doctrinal infantry or go for ubersoldaten.
30 Jun 2014, 12:17 PM

dasheepeh, you are NOOB son!

Do you know how much time and fuel you need to get Obers? or How much MP to get Falls and reinforce them?

What about hero units of USA? They can't counter signle Falls squad?
Dual or tripple riflemen just killing MG so easy and also its doctrinal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So hard to guess?

Katitof
but Riflemen are too numberous, looks like they don't die. Also moving medic/reinforce car makes them unstoppable ))

omg why people always think only for themselves.
30 Jun 2014, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 12:17 PMDavidKh

but Riflemen are too numberous, looks like they don't die. Also moving medic/reinforce car makes them unstoppable ))

3 rifle squads are standard. Anything more and attrition will be unbearable for USF. Kubel will secure you early wins when he is spread for capping, Flak truck with puppchen/shreck volk and sturmpio support will clear what remains if he goes for more rifles or his own AA HT.

omg why people always think only for themselves.

That relates to you not understanding the balance between the units how exactly?

Why won't you play at least 20 games with the faction and watch some streams before calling balance issues that are not balance issues? Its the shortest way to become lolcake disciple.
30 Jun 2014, 12:34 PM

Choose spec ops doctrine and toss infiltration tactics grenade volleys at the riflemen.
30 Jun 2014, 12:36 PM

Well, Volks are useless vs riflemen and at every range rifles do more damage than volks.

Personaly I only get volks if i can upgrade them ASAP, otherwise they are just useless capping units.

They need a direct or indirect buff.

And Katitof, even Hans thinks Volks are pretty much useless.
30 Jun 2014, 12:43 PM

Why you people are not considering combined arms/units? What is your start units? You must have pios, volks, kubelwagen, all of them. I found rifles can't beat this combo alone. I build 2 sturmpios, 2 volks and one kubel and they do pretty good. Need some more kick power? Call panzerfusiliers and give them g43s or fallschirms. You can make a nice little blob which will be resistant and verry combat effective.

Of course you know you should stall a little with units from T1 not converting the second truck to soon.... do you?!
30 Jun 2014, 12:54 PM

oh dear...

have you played as US?
30 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM

To be fair, Hans also spams Pumas and rushes two Pumas front on into two T34 and blames luck when it doesn't work.

I am not saying with that that Hans is a bad player, I just think he lost patience with OKW a bit too early and needs some more practice with it, just like the rest of us.

Personally I don't consider Volksgrenadier a very effective anti infantry unit. I build just two of them to upgrade them later to Panzerschreck, and use them otherwise to cap or to draw fire while flanking with Sturmpioniere, build sandbags for other units or let them fight in support with other stuff.

I just try to survive with what I have, use Kübelwagen and stuff until I can get better infantry units (Panzerfüsilier, Fallschirmjäger, Obersoldaten).
30 Jun 2014, 12:57 PM

First, volks used to be even worse, they have bad start, but as I've said, they do scale well.
Volks are not and will not be self sufficient infantry, they NEED another unit next to them.

And second, seeing how effectively Hans plays OKW makes me :facepalm: so I'll simply ignore his opinions until I will see him getting right units and trucks against right BOs/army, because LOLMEDITRUCK is not always the best idea.

He does have better micro and awareness then me, but he doesn't seem to get OKW at all.
30 Jun 2014, 13:19 PM

If i got it right (from the Devs and Alpha Players), OKW is and should be the toughest faction to play with. So you have to play more then usual to get Good with them. It is one week since release people, keep practicing or...L2P :D
30 Jun 2014, 13:21 PM

Volksgren were never meant to be used alone. OKW's other infantry are great.

They are alone however, more often in 1 v 1.
30 Jun 2014, 13:25 PM
Benefactor 115

volks cost 240 and rifles cost 280, what were you expecting in a 1v1 scenario?
30 Jun 2014, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 12:00 PMDavidKh
Relic, just fix that shit please...

on 1v1 they just beat volks very easy and after bars or browning... just lol :)))

It's fine as it is!!!
30 Jun 2014, 14:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

According to you in another thread:

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 11:19 AMDavidKh
Duplicates or useless bulletins... played about 3 hours and got nothing... lol

You really can't play for more than 3 hours before complaining about the balance?
30 Jun 2014, 14:32 PM
Patrion 14

Nothing wrong with Volks. I get 3 of them usually and they get the job done, provided you keep them in cover and support them with either a Kübelwagen or a Sturm Pioneer in the early game. Late game they become great when the start getting vet and schreks.

No, they will not beat Riflemen in 1vs1, but you shouldn't take on 1vs1 engagements in the first place.
30 Jun 2014, 14:51 PM

Permanently Banned
I think volks are poor units but this is ok, okw have others good options, volks are a unit to work with others...

If volks get buff and can do war alone, the game will be unbalanced...

Early game is a problem for OKW, but if you hold......
30 Jun 2014, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 14:51 PMBravus
I think volks are poor units but this is ok, okw have others good options, volks are a unit to work with others...

If volks get buff and can do war alone, the game will be unbalanced...

Early game is a problem for OKW, but if you hold......

+1. Exactly.

30 Jun 2014, 16:04 PM

OKW is definitely a hard faction to play with. Good lord I cannot get the hang of them. I feel like I just get rushed by the American blobs of doom and my mg, volks, and sturmpios get annihilated. The most I try to do now is hold off till a KT or some kind of decent armor gets into the fray. By then hopefully I killed some of his tanks so I don't get rushed by the American blob of tanks too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★