Login

russian armor

I want to like OKW...

1 Jul 2014, 21:43 PM

Well I've been getting my ass handed to me this morning, so could be a more defensive approach works better.

Could be I was just playing off though.

I think OKW is an interesting faction though.
10 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

I also want to like them but every game i get is a bar blob and i feel like my units just don't effectively deal with the amount of fire power coming at them, i also find that if i don't get the mg34 i'm screwed.

I've tired the aggressive cut off move a few times but you just cant hold it and end up fighting a defensive battle anyway.
10 Jul 2014, 21:24 PM

I can't f*****g deal with Riflemen and SturmPios....Riflemen rip Grens apart,SturmPios rip Cons apart :(((....at least Cons vs. Grens are (relatively)balanced
Edit:a little off topic :)
11 Jul 2014, 07:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I am finding OKW to be very challenging and I am enjoying playing them.

They certainly have a very steep learning curve and very much punish any mistakes.

They become demonstrably better I think once teamed up with Ostheer who can build caches and non-doctrinal infantry control.

It will be interesting to see what the player base stabilises as, randoms were pretty much all OKW on release, now I am starting to see more Ostheer show up

11 Jul 2014, 12:47 PM

First post! YaY!

Well I've been playing CoH2 for some time but never had time to come into the forum... (work etc)

Now, OKW is great. I really love the way they fight. My general strategy with OKW is;

Hang on with Rocketlauncher and 1 AT upgraded Volks against light armor until Jagpanzer comes. Resist the enemy with Volks, MG34, Fallshirmager and Panzerfusiliers. The light artillery gun is awesome. Just put one behind the front line at a safe distance and it'll do the job.

I don't see M3 or M5 as a real threat. As I said, one Pupchen + 1 AT Volks gets the job done. When Jagpanzer comes, keep it safe, destroy the first armor you encounter and it's done. Then it's just wait and fight until Panther comes.

Of course, against a better player, you may lose but that is also the case for any other army. I used to play 1v1 but now it's mostly 3v3. 3 OKW may have trouble for you miss that Ostwind and Panzer IV but 2 OKW - 1 Wermacht or reverse is a great force if played fine.

The main problem in early game as OKW is Sniper. Well, I have no easy solution. I generally keep one unit of doctrinal infantry (Fallshirmjager - Panzerfusilier) at the flank, away from combat if I spot a Sniper. When the battle begins, I try to lure the enemy force towards me and when the sniper is alone, that single infantry unit just eats it. Micro is important, just stay away if a sniper seems to kill you and fight where the sniper is not. The artillery gun is also useful if you manage to spot it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★