Login

russian armor

What War Spoils have you won?

PAGES (14)down
4 Jul 2014, 16:58 PM

65 hours last 2 weeks.

I've been playing about 40:30:20:10 US: Ost: OKW: Sov

Won 2 Sov commanders and 2 Ost commanders that I already own through digital collectors edition.

I don't even like soviets because I find their doctrinal dependencies and commanders annoying, plus there are about 50 soviet redundant commanders.

It's getting upsetting.

Also most of my bulletins are for soviet stuff, and the 1 victory strike I got. I DONT PLAY SOVIETS!!!
4 Jul 2014, 19:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Has anyone got the no retreat no surrender (or something) doctrine for the soviets? It's what I'm most interested in because it changes something so fundamental about the game.
4 Jul 2014, 19:22 PM

I checked my farming again and once again I got unlucky. 2 bulletins in a row, and then...Assault Support commander- something that everyone has. Unlucky.

So my commander wins are 4 now:

-Mechanized (US)
-Assault Support and Joint operations (Ost)
-Terror (Soviet)

It looks to me that commander wins have nothing to do with what faction is being played. All my farming has been USA. The bulletins however, are correlated with that as all bulletins are USA.

Multiplayer time:

52 1/2 hours.

My last commander drop was @ 40 hours, so 12 1/2 hours interval between these two wins.

The drop interval has been generally 2 1/2 hours or 3 hours.

4 Jul 2014, 20:01 PM

Man, I'm getting nothing but bullshit. Ive been playing US all week, got 6 US bulletins. But thats out of 30 drops. And I'm still stuck at 1 useless soviet commander drop, 1 useless skin, 1 victory strike. I must have been playing 6 hours each day. Before this war spoil bs I would enjoy those 6 hours. Now I feel like its a waste of time.
4 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

Oh, only play for fun and farm the rest. Or just don't bother with the whole thing. I'm definitely bummed out a bit from this last win, and if I don't get anything WFA related within the next 20 hours of farming I'm no longer wasting electricity.

Just a warning to those that are farming: Use core temp, HWmonitor, GTemp, or other CPU/HDD, etc. temperature monitors on while gaming or farming. Make sure it doesn't rise above 60 Celsius. And maybe take the opportunity to dust the inside of your desktop.

A neat trick I use to cut 10 degrees Celsius is to put a small fan backwards to the open box. the hot air gets sucked into the fan and it blows it out.
4 Jul 2014, 20:23 PM

Unless somebody photoshopped OMGpop's roster, what the hell are the odds of this happening? Note that he has triple commanders and triple faceplates. Pretty damn low from a probability perspective. I think the war spoils algorithm is just broken.

It links itself to certain patterns of activities somehow and produces strange results.

4 Jul 2014, 21:17 PM
Patrion 14

The problem is we don't actually know, but this is exactly what I predicted in the Alpha - a series of massively unlucky rolls has resulted in that.

At least, thats what I predicted. I don't know how the system works and Relic isn't sharing, and nobody has looked at the code yet.
4 Jul 2014, 21:37 PM
Patrion 310

I just want to buy or get the commanders reliably with the rank progression... everything else is in my humble opinion just sad and undermines the fun of the game.
5 Jul 2014, 01:15 AM

So far I've only received one commander - a Soviet one I already own and never use.

I've got plenty of repeat faceplates and a few repeat bulletins. As well as the complimentary duplicate strike.

It's especially fun that some people have received two of the same NEW commanders, whilst others haven't received a single one.
5 Jul 2014, 07:10 AM

since im at home studying for my exams i tested bot farming... im have my game running for about 20 hours now. all i do is angermuende 3v3 standard bots + me. im afk studying and checking back every 2 hours or so. average game time is 2-3 hours. spoils drop regulary, but nothing useful at all (3x fusselier bulletin, 1x lighting war commander, whisch i already own, etc)
5 Jul 2014, 12:57 PM
5 Jul 2014, 13:19 PM

First drop: Veteran training mortar bulletin
5 Jul 2014, 13:28 PM

After about 5 hours i got my first drop, one US Echelon build faster bulletin.. Do you only get one item each drop?
5 Jul 2014, 14:11 PM

5 Jul 2014, 16:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

After about 5 hours i got my first drop, one US Echelon build faster bulletin.. Do you only get one item each drop?

No, I have had 2 or 3
5 Jul 2014, 20:45 PM

Second drop: T34 summer skin
5 Jul 2014, 20:53 PM

~153hours and not one single drop of a commander.

thanks for that relic!

and thanks for double bullshit bullettins and faceplates...
5 Jul 2014, 20:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hey I just won 10% CoolDown on JagdTiger call in time

Can't wait to get 3 of those and stack them
5 Jul 2014, 21:13 PM

Now that the game has been out for almost 2 weeks, it looks to me that even the most hardcore of players I've seen(streamers, forum posters) have only accumulated 2 different WFA commanders at most. Only 1-2 people I've seen have gotten 3 different ones.

With little discernible patterns to follow, pretty much I'm not going to farm anymore and just wait until the coming months for updates to war spoils.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My record:

My multiplayer time was: 52 1/2 hours.

I played for about 22+ hours relatively evenly between both WFA factions (no soviet or ostheer games at all), and the other 30 hours were farming US only.

I won 4 commanders, 1 WFA US and the other 3 vcoh2. The passage of time between commander wins was probably something like 8 to 20 hours. (high variation)
5 Jul 2014, 21:47 PM

This is a good thread that talks about elite armored doctrine and how it is gimmicky, ineffective commander. I felt the same way when I watched some streamers use it.

Scavenger for OKW is the best rare one for the faction. For the USA, mechanized and rifle are the best.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/68019-elite-armour-doctrine-useless-for-ober-kommando-west
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS