Login

russian armor

War Spoils explained by Relic

PAGES (10)down
2 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM

Jesus Christ... epic logic fail.

Grind2Win is just as bad as Pay2Win.

Time is money for some of us.

true if you work , the time it's money .
2 Jul 2014, 18:12 PM

I don´t see the problem.

You work hard and don´t have time --> buy the commanders (after all you should have the money if you work so hard)

You are a student etc. and have a lot of free time but no money --> grind (after all you should have the time)

Better than the old system.
2 Jul 2014, 18:19 PM

I find it funny that the old commanders are still up for sale. Makes me think they are simply to lazy to put the new commanders in the store.
2 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

I don´t see the problem.

You work hard and don´t have time --> buy the commanders (after all you should have the money if you work so hard)

You are a student etc. and have a lot of free time but no money --> grind (after all you should have the time)

Exactly.

The only thing so ask here is:

WHY relic, why?
2 Jul 2014, 18:35 PM

I don´t see the problem.

Exactly Dude .
2 Jul 2014, 19:31 PM

I didn't like the old system for commanders of paying money for them only. This new system is too slow, however, for people who work a lot. Let both systems be in place for people with either time or money to get what they need.
2 Jul 2014, 19:43 PM

At the very least they should have kept the 'commander unlocks at certain ranks' system from the old game.

If commander unlocks are based on time played then it still fits in with that logic - play for x amount of time or rack up x amount of XP, either way everyone ends up with the same handful of commanders to enjoy.

Does anyone know exactly how the time reset system works for the spoils? Thanks.
nee
2 Jul 2014, 20:54 PM

Does anyone know exactly how the time reset system works for the spoils? Thanks.
According to what Relic has said, the timer resets once you get a crate.
2 Jul 2014, 21:55 PM

"You are a student etc. and have a lot of free time but no money --> grind (after all you should have the time)"

Oh man, having time as a student ? What are you studying ?
2 Jul 2014, 21:59 PM

So when the timer resets, that essentially means you have to grind, er ahem, I mean play happily, for around 3+ hours to then get a chance to be rewarded with a totally random item?
2 Jul 2014, 22:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I don´t see the problem.

No, under the old system, if you were grinding you knew what you had to and what you were going to get because bulletins were linked to achievements.

Now, you can sort of influence it by what faction you play, maybe
2 Jul 2014, 22:20 PM

I think war spoils is great for skins, bulletins, and face plates. For Commanders however, it is a little ridiculous.

The rarity, duplicates, and abundance of possible rewards makes the whole system frustrating when Commanders are in the mix. It's great to be rewarded with a new skin but when you're focused on hunting for Commanders a new bulletin just tends to disappoint you when otherwise you'd be happy.

They should just take the plunge and finally do what they should have done all along...and that is to tie ALL the Commanders to rank levels to be earned at realistic intervals. Think of all the turmoil and bad press this game could have avoided by just doing this from the start.

I understand Relic needs to keep the lights on so I'm not totally against monetizing through DLC but that DLC should be substantial (Theater or War, new campaigns, new armies) not through the nickel and dime process of selling commanders.
2 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM

when i heard of war spoils i imagined something along the lines of an ingame curreny that could be spend on stuff... like 10 000 wsp per commander 2000 for a skin 250 per bulletin... how naive of me
2 Jul 2014, 23:14 PM

when i heard of war spoils i imagined something along the lines of an ingame curreny that could be spend on stuff... like 10 000 wsp per commander 2000 for a skin 250 per bulletin... how naive of me

That would be a much more superior system. Right now all I'm getting is skins that I already bought. Playing with soviets for me is now just a waste of time since I already bought all commanders and the skins I like. All I am missing is the Advanced Warfare commander but the likely hood of me getting that is so small that it's not a realistic goal.
2 Jul 2014, 23:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

That would be a much more superior system. Right now all I'm getting is skins that I already bought. Playing with soviets for me is now just a waste of time since I already bought all commanders and the skins I like. All I am missing is the Advanced Warfare commander but the likely hood of me getting that is so small that it's not a realistic goal.

Rewards are not tied to factions you play. I regularly get bulletins for armies I dont even own :P
2 Jul 2014, 23:21 PM

I see, I thought it was tied because so far my few loots were for the same faction I was playing that game. Must have been a coincidence. Well that's a bit reassuring, now I can maybe get some of the Ostheer commanders that I don't have yet.
3 Jul 2014, 00:08 AM

Noun says that they are, and my winnings reflect that mostly.

Rewards are not tied to factions you play. I regularly get bulletins for armies I dont even own :P
3 Jul 2014, 01:27 AM

2.5 hours to get a faceplate I already have. The thing is a joke.
3 Jul 2014, 05:46 AM
Patrion 14

I don´t see the problem.

Which is what I was saying all along. The other guy thinks that grinding is fine but, bizarrely, paying isn't.
3 Jul 2014, 07:12 AM

Relic gives no information on the subject.

We need real explanation .. The current system did not make sense, you play Russian,you win German bultin.. Wtf
system bulletin is it absurd ... Let us return to the system before ?

We just need information on dlc Commander and skin, will come out on the market or not?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS