Login

russian armor

(2-6) Tinallinge

27 Jun 2014, 15:03 PM

Hello, I'd like to introduce my newest map: Tinallinge.

It's a beautiful map with good detail. :D

There were issues with crashing and lag, but I fixed them! I've also increased the population cap to 250.

Enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276998893

27 Jun 2014, 22:44 PM

I haven't played on it but I've looked at it with the worldbuilder. You put a lot of detail into it, which is awesome. But your territory points look a heavily lopsided in terms of how fair it is. The 2 main roads each have a territory point on them that runs the length of the map as cutoff points for each side of the map. But one side has 6 territory points on the entire side of the map while the other has 13. Basically the team that starts closest to the windmills is at a HUGE disadvantage. Also they don't really have a quick route to their cutoff point with vehicles while the other team has a road leading them straight to their cutoff point. The map in terms of objects, themes, details, textures, and how it looks is great! But the gameplay and resource layout is gamebreaking.

Here's a screenshot what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/jqy8Kkl.jpg
The red lines show the path that vehicles can take to get to the cutoff points. The team that starts in the top right corner can only send their tanks and vehicles out of their base going south in one direction. North is basically infantry only. While the team in the bottom left can send tanks all across the southern points (blue lines) and move them up into the middle. Basically the bottom left team has way more options for pathing of infantry and tanks. They also have the resource advantage since they can defend their cutoff points (white lines) with vehicles easier and even if their cutoff point is taken, they still have 2x the resources as the other team.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, but map balance is a problem.
28 Jun 2014, 06:04 AM

I haven't played on it but I've looked at it with the worldbuilder. You put a lot of detail into it, which is awesome. But your territory points look a heavily lopsided in terms of how fair it is. The 2 main roads each have a territory point on them that runs the length of the map as cutoff points for each side of the map. But one side has 6 territory points on the entire side of the map while the other has 13. Basically the team that starts closest to the windmills is at a HUGE disadvantage. Also they don't really have a quick route to their cutoff point with vehicles while the other team has a road leading them straight to their cutoff point. The map in terms of objects, themes, details, textures, and how it looks is great! But the gameplay and resource layout is gamebreaking.

Here's a screenshot what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/jqy8Kkl.jpg
The red lines show the path that vehicles can take to get to the cutoff points. The team that starts in the top right corner can only send their tanks and vehicles out of their base going south in one direction. North is basically infantry only. While the team in the bottom left can send tanks all across the southern points (blue lines) and move them up into the middle. Basically the bottom left team has way more options for pathing of infantry and tanks. They also have the resource advantage since they can defend their cutoff points (white lines) with vehicles easier and even if their cutoff point is taken, they still have 2x the resources as the other team.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, but map balance is a problem.

Man, I don't care if you are harsh! I need feedback!

I know, it's pretty, lets say, ruined, in this state.

I was very tired when I made the territory points, and it actually took me a long time to finish them. The two points which run the whole map are intended to do that, so there is a reason to focus on the center of the map (the munitions and fuel points are on the side of the map). I'll look at it soon and fix it so the points are balanced! :D Thanks for your feedback!

Something like this (made this in 1 minute, not the final product, I need to get to work, I will work on this tonight or tomorrow morning)

red is removed, black is added
http://i61.tinypic.com/1gmwlj.jpg

28 Jun 2014, 09:14 AM

Yeah it looks like you're on the right track with that pic. I can see how the map could be balanced, it will be really easy to repaint the territory borders. You should also add some bridges in the north so that tanks can cross the river there.
28 Jun 2014, 09:15 AM

Oh, one more thing. That wooden footbridge is broken (apparently) since the WFA was released. If it's destroyed it will remain as an invisible bridge and infantry can still cross it. I'm not sure when Relic will fix it, but it's a problem. Just letting you know because you use it a lot on this map.
28 Jun 2014, 10:24 AM

is this the map you had performance issues whit? if so i can see why from orbit, i see you have 23(
roughly counted) water sources and the recommended is 2-3 water sources.

To quote MonolithicBacon "And again, the number of water sources is the "ideal" amount. Each water tap lowers the optimisation of the map considerably. Some Relic maps have more (particularly the mud maps), but they are well optimised in other ways to compensate for this."
28 Jun 2014, 16:18 PM

is this the map you had performance issues whit? if so i can see why from orbit, i see you have 23(
roughly counted) water sources and the recommended is 2-3 water sources.

To quote MonolithicBacon "And again, the number of water sources is the "ideal" amount. Each water tap lowers the optimisation of the map considerably. Some Relic maps have more (particularly the mud maps), but they are well optimised in other ways to compensate for this."

Oh. Well, I have not experienced any crashes anymore after I changed the atmosphere (rain to spring). :D

EDIT: No crashes when you are playing alone vs. bots. Multiplayer generates crashes.

I need to remove some water sources then... BUT THEY ARE VERY, VERY IMPORTANT for this map. Unfortunately.

Problem solved by removing reeds splines.
28 Jun 2014, 17:09 PM

I'm working on the territory points. I also removed 3 water sources.
28 Jun 2014, 19:53 PM

Newest version includes;

NO CRASHES ANYMORE

AMERICANS ARE PLAYABLE!

:D
29 Jun 2014, 20:18 PM

Yup, I just tried it with my friends. It doesn't crash anymore and all factions are playable.

Enjoy! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS