Login

russian armor

War Spoils Drop Rate and Rare Commanders

PAGES (8)down
25 Jun 2014, 21:21 PM

Only thing I've managed was a duplicate of the NKVD bulletin I already bought long before WFA came out... yay...
25 Jun 2014, 21:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

They need to remove duplicates

Getting a commander you have already paid for or a bulletin you ground to get is a gigantic fuck you
25 Jun 2014, 22:16 PM

It's all luck I imagine. I have gained 28 levels since WFA came out and gotten two of the exact same ambulance bulletins and one Volks bulletin.

Luck? I dont want to deal with this "luck" bullshit. "luck" means there is a chance youll never get the thing you want, and it may take months when for others, days. Why cant it be guaranteed? "Luck" randomly advanatges some people for no reason, and disadvantages others for ZERO reason.
25 Jun 2014, 22:31 PM

I think this is helpful. I also only got a war spoil (got 2 crap bulletins) after winning and doing well in a long team game (45 minutes plus). That might be the key for raising the odds. I had suspected that it had something to do with a huge point/kill count and other statistics..

I played automatch 2v2 and 4v4. Almost everytime I get the most points by far. Also from what I've seen I only got Spoils from longer games.

Loot until now was 1 Bulletin (rare), 1 victory strike( uncommon), 2 Commanders I think. Played about 10 hours yesterday and 5 today.

By the way. 2 P4s J with vet only cost 180 fuel. Really? Seems quite imbalanced. Thats the ordinary cost for a Ost P4 without teching...
25 Jun 2014, 23:42 PM

I played automatch 2v2 and 4v4. Almost everytime I get the most points by far. Also from what I've seen I only got Spoils from longer games.

Loot until now was 1 Bulletin (rare), 1 victory strike( uncommon), 2 Commanders I think. Played about 10 hours yesterday and 5 today.

By the way. 2 P4s J with vet only cost 180 fuel. Really? Seems quite imbalanced. Thats the ordinary cost for a Ost P4 without teching...

180 OKW fuel is equal to 240 fuel. Its the OKW equivalent of the T34/85 call in.
26 Jun 2014, 01:21 AM

Just got the US rifle company commander and yesterday a Stuart bulletin. I play mostly comp stomp on easy and regular so isn't exclusive to player vs player.. Still I would love to just buy them..
26 Jun 2014, 01:28 AM

What kind of comp stomps do you play? Long or short games?
26 Jun 2014, 01:33 AM

180 OKW fuel is equal to 240 fuel. Its the OKW equivalent of the T34/85 call in.

Right. But OKW's fuel income is supposed to be a weakness. The Panther's cost is 175 fuel for both sides.

It's 250 fuel for two Panzer 4s for the Wehrmacht. I suspect that a 70 fuel savings is way too much for this power.

It's off topic though. I've yet to get anything from my troubles still. I get into plenty of 1v1s that last for 20-40 minutes.
26 Jun 2014, 01:45 AM

180 OKW fuel is equivalent to 270 normal fuel.
26 Jun 2014, 02:20 AM

180 OKW fuel is equivalent to 270 normal fuel.

I cant do math. :P
26 Jun 2014, 02:23 AM

What kind of comp stomps do you play? Long or short games?

20-40 min matches.. The AI has turned quite anemic lately.. Had to bump up to hard..
26 Jun 2014, 05:31 AM
Patrion 15

I'm okay with not being able to purchase the exlusive WFA commanders, but only if they either A: increase the drop rate, or B: Increase the amount of time we get to play with them. Giving a 48 hour window to play with a commander that only drops once in a blue moon seems kinda lame. If we are going to have to play 100s of games to get a chance to play the new commanders then at least give us a week or so to experiment with them. What if you get a commander drop on your last game before a couple of busy days and don't even get a chance to play it?
26 Jun 2014, 05:38 AM

I'm okay with not being able to purchase the exlusive WFA commanders, but only if they either A: increase the drop rate, or B: Increase the amount of time we get to play with them. Giving a 48 hour window to play with a commander that only drops once in a blue moon seems kinda lame. If we are going to have to play 100s of games to get a chance to play the new commanders then at least give us a week or so to experiment with them. What if you get a commander drop on your last game before a couple of busy days and don't even get a chance to play it?

Some of the commanders are really powerful (except crappy Fortification commander), so they are powerful because they are rare and if they were more common they would be nerfed? Eh, stupid assumption. They really need to be more common, i played 4 hours today and got only a faceplate. I dont understand how timed drops work. Other than one bulletin, my commander and faceplate didnt come with any timers, and they havent disappeared on me yet. As far as i know, im not sure if timed drops truly exist. At this rate, ill get the commander i want in 3 months.
26 Jun 2014, 06:09 AM
Patrion 15

I think a simple post from Relic explaining their philosophy regarding the warspoils is due. Here are a few of my first impressions.

-I like the idea of warspoils in general, and I love that they are moving away from exclusively paid content. However, there are plenty of people out there that would rather not invest the time farming the commanders and would rather purchase them right off. Giving players the option to purchase the commanders or earn them through game play gives people freedom to play the game the way they want, and removes the P2W accusations, as long as the drop rate is fair. This is why popular F2P games like LoL use this model.You can farm content by simply playing the game, or if you are impatient/would rather look at your time from a practical standpoint (1 hour at even a minimum wage job will pay for 2 commanders that would take dozens, or perhaps more, hours of play time to farm).

-The average player doesn't have hundreds of hours to play and try and farm the commander they want, but I think the warspoils system could provide some interesting incentive. Maybe something like a ~5 game win streak could give you an increased commander drop chance. There are plenty of creative opportunities here, anyone else have any ideas?

Another issue I have is that the vanilla factions still have the old commander system, which feels extremely disjointed. I love that the western front armies have much less overlap in the trees, and each one feels like it has a unique flair. This is in stark contrast to the mass produced feel of the vcoh2 commander layout. IMO a commander overhaul of the original factions has been long, long overdue.
26 Jun 2014, 07:30 AM

I now have one of the US commanders. I do not have WFA and therefore am very sad that I'm so poor right now.

/emo
26 Jun 2014, 07:34 AM
26 Jun 2014, 07:43 AM
Patrion 14

FestiveLongJohns, I've been asking for that since the point I got into the alpha. A proper explaination is long overdue, and we've not gotten the full philosophy/design vision at all.

Man, so jealous of Pz4 commander :(
26 Jun 2014, 08:15 AM

Forget LoL, they should have done it like in dota 2 - make cosmetics (vehicle skins) droppable + purchasable, everything else that can affect gameplay (like commanders) is available from the start to EVERYONE. THIS, now THIS is a fair F2P model.

That said, I know it's not happening, but this is a step in the right direction in my book. Having commanders droppable instead of purchase only is still better than having them purchase only.
26 Jun 2014, 08:28 AM

I wouldn't mind having commanders purchasable and droppable so long as free players have a route to get them. As said before I'm pleased that Relic is moving away from exclusively paid gameplay content.
26 Jun 2014, 08:40 AM

Unlocking commanders and other stuff is great idea. Previous system was boring and p2w.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak