Login

russian armor

First Impressions on Western Front?

24 Jun 2014, 06:28 AM

I've told myself that I'm only going to buy the WF Armies if they are slightly balanced and up to the standard of the other armies (i.e. not hastily made up yesterday).

Are they?

Should I jump on the WFA bandwagon now...?
24 Jun 2014, 06:35 AM

Yes, if you are not biased it is. However I saw your playercard and by thus I conclude Germans will be always op, no matter how balance is.
24 Jun 2014, 06:41 AM

Glad to meet you, good to see you bring an open mind, I'm actually more excited by the OKW than by the Amis.

IF I must justify my games then I'll say that Soviets are A) more interesting to my mind and B) easier to get games in and with a further C) there's still no damn random faction feature so that I can play whatever's free.

Last patch I thought both sides were pretty balanced with the odd outlier (ISU, mines, Elefant) other than that, pretty good, even in 4v4.

Dude, get a grip, playercard isn't everything, and being judged by it makes me want to throw it off my profile, that hurts the credibility of the forum and its posters more than anything.
24 Jun 2014, 06:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Balance is mostly fine. Players have a hard time judging balance at first because they don't understand things. If you like COH2, buy it.
24 Jun 2014, 06:52 AM

Glad to meet you, good to see you bring an open mind, I'm actually more excited by the OKW than by the Amis.

IF I must justify my games then I'll say that Soviets are A) more interesting to my mind and B) easier to get games in and with a further C) there's still no damn random faction feature so that I can play whatever's free.

Last patch I thought both sides were pretty balanced with the odd outlier (ISU, mines, Elefant) other than that, pretty good, even in 4v4.

Dude, get a grip, playercard isn't everything, and being judged by it makes me want to throw it off my profile, that hurts the credibility of the forum and its posters more than anything.

No offense, I was just joking. Balance is fine so far in my opinion although in another thread some issues okw might have against soviets are pointed out.
24 Jun 2014, 07:01 AM

I've told myself that I'm only going to buy the WF Armies if they are slightly balanced and up to the standard of the other armies (i.e. not hastily made up yesterday).

Are they?

Should I jump on the WFA bandwagon now...?

The new armies' design doesn't stand out as much as Brits and PE did in vCoh, which I consider a good thing. That being said, don't expect balance at this stage.

The meta is slowly settling in as people discover what works and what doesn't, and it's not pretty.

24 Jun 2014, 07:01 AM

Okay, sorry, it's kinda difficult to tell at times. :(
24 Jun 2014, 07:07 AM
Patrion 14

Balance is decent. Right now much of the complaining is l2p issues and lack of understanding what to counter certain units with. That said, tuning will need to be done, but if you enjoy playing, get on, it's warm and cosy here.
24 Jun 2014, 07:09 AM

Personally I dislike the OKW and I am not fond of the Americans either.
24 Jun 2014, 07:12 AM

I guess the meta for 2v2 would be germans: PAK43 commander + offmap artillery + recon commander. Now PAK43> Elefant, so many people will use it(or at least me) to have advatange over its big range ^^

US probably will use Airborne company and soviet would use IS2 or T34/85 as always.
24 Jun 2014, 07:25 AM

OKW as faction is amazing. Relic worked its back real hard to come up with such a flexible army aproach. Damn' didn't have time to test americans - they are interesting too, I guess Friday evening and Saturday will be for me continuous play, I can't wait.

What I would like to see, it's some decency on this forums related to balance questions. No blalance talks should be allowed before one month, people need L2P first.

Anyway, as every time, Relic blew away our minds with so different armies and tactics like you need to learn the game again :). GJ !
24 Jun 2014, 07:27 AM

They added some fun new stuff, and I think I like the ideas behind the progression system more than before.

Basically, the progression system is now random loot drops at the end of a match. I know that sounds horrible, but it does away with the idiotic achievements and requirements for things like some useful Bulletins.

I always hate systems that involve grinding weird objectives, and even if bulletins aren't that useful, they still do add something in terms of gameplay.

Oh and all the old stuff you now just get free if you owned CoH2 prior to the patch.

Another cool and fun thing they added were Victory Strikes, which are a silly little celebration/humiliation element. Basically, every player has a type of victory strike they choose for their profile. Once a match ends, the winners' victory strikes are used to blow up any remaining units and base.

Haven't actually played a match yet, waiting on my old group of players to do some team games.

Anyone know if they finally allowed for borderless windowed mode, or added hotkey reconfiguration yet. These were the biggest issues that I had. A friend and I both have used the WASD style control scheme with RTS games for a long time now, going back to DoW2. It may seem odd, but it has some nice advantages in terms of micro compared to using the mouse to scroll. I was incredibly disappointed by Relic for ignoring this feature from DoW2.
24 Jun 2014, 07:42 AM

Sparknoted: aight
24 Jun 2014, 08:04 AM

Well, we played 2v2 OKW+OH and is was amazing.
OKW can support early AT and good infantry in early game, OH can provide good midgame armour. And yes the bonuses from Command panther and Command Pz4 Do stack, so the Panthers can have more frontal armour than IS2/Tiger :-)))

We faced IS2 spam, and the result is, that with Panthers we could not really penetrate them, and they did almost NOTHING to us. So we had to field some JPz70 and we finihed them off easily.

--------------
BUT OF COURSE ROFL IS:

WAITING FOR AXIS: 80%
WAITING FOR ALLIES:20%

This game is doooomed :DDDD
24 Jun 2014, 09:20 AM

in a card game, people with an ace up their sleeves are called cheaters

imho you got cheated out of a well deserved victory
24 Jun 2014, 10:03 AM
Donator 22

Anyone tried in a 2vs2 OKW + OH Luftwaffe supply doctrine?
24 Jun 2014, 10:07 AM
Patrion 14

No, but have been thinking about the same thing. That could be a really strong combination :)
24 Jun 2014, 10:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

FIELD ARTILLERY YOU CAN USE AS ARTILLERY!
24 Jun 2014, 14:04 PM

I really like the US faction. Plenty of option, flexibility and mobility, a very robust roster of units, and their tech/upgrade system is unique enough to make them interesting. Great job on those guys. I still think they could have used a heavier tank like the Sherman jumbo or something that can slug it out with at least a Panther, rather than having to rely on both Jacksons and Wolverines. Bulldozer Sherman doesn't seem to do, well, anything to tanks.

The OBW I'm less of a fan of. The truck system sucked in OF and it still isn't the best (especially the one that can defend itself from any light vehicle). Their units are a bit, I don't know, gimmicky? Pioneers that shred other builder units, AT gun that gets in buildings, a bevy of superheavy tanks (again), inflexible ''obersoldaten'', I don't really like their roster.

On the balance front, it seems pretty good. Certainly a far cry from when the base game was released, and let's not even talk about Opposing Fronts. I'm fairly satisfied thus far.
24 Jun 2014, 14:10 PM

Oh I do like what I'm hearing. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight