Login

russian armor

help please~~~~~

30 Jun 2014, 19:07 PM
Donator 11

You should try to adding multiple atmosphere's

Just click the add and select a atmosphere and add it, now you should have two atmospheres, then add a very small time to the transition and hold. im not sure if the atmosphere can be the same as the main theme you want to play. The one that you want to play needs to be the second one.

Also it needs to be set to night, and the first atmosphere needs to be something else (Not 100% sure about that)

30 Jun 2014, 19:29 PM

Only certain textures apply negative cover - I believe these are found in the texture folders with "road" in their name (nm_road_dirt, nm_road_trim, stone_road, road_asphalt).

Also not sure what you mean by grass removed where they built the tier. I think you mean there is a dirt splat underneath the buildings they're building - I can't imagine any way around that.

Textures named with NM stand for No Modifier. These will NOT add neg/pos cover.
30 Jun 2014, 20:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 19:07 PMSirlami
You should try to adding multiple atmosphere's

Just click the add and select a atmosphere and add it, now you should have two atmospheres, then add a very small time to the transition and hold. im not sure if the atmosphere can be the same as the main theme you want to play. The one that you want to play needs to be the second one.

Also it needs to be set to night, and the first atmosphere needs to be something else (Not 100% sure about that)

huh. so atmosphere can change as time goes on?

my atmosphere setting is set to night but i guess the transition makes the lamps light up? like in rostov how lamps light up during blizzard.
30 Jun 2014, 20:47 PM
Donator 11

Thats the idea :)
30 Jun 2014, 20:50 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 20:47 PMSirlami
Thats the idea :)

so i want the atmosphere to go from default "foggy autumn day" to my own "foggy night". i do not know how to add the "foggy night". i do not know how to add custom settings like my "foggy night".
30 Jun 2014, 20:54 PM
Donator 11

Well then you have to copy the atmosphere settings from the first one to the next one, i dont think there is any other way sadly.

Incase you wonder the atmosphere saving is not working currently.

30 Jun 2014, 21:27 PM

Maybe you're using the wrong switch? I recently put a map up on the workshop with lights that work, but I used two different... I don't know what they're called. I'll call it a switch.

Light and Light_state. And my code appeared as the following:

EGroup_SetAnimatorState(eg_lights, "Light_State", "On")
EGroup_SetAnimatorState(eg_lights, "Light", "On")

Now if I remember correctly, "Light" is only used on the lamp object you are specifically using in your screenshot. I think it will glow white with a white bulb. So just change "Light_State" to "Light" and try again. Unless you're using more than one kind of lamp, then you could do what I did in my code and just turn on both for all lights.

Oh, yeah and the time of day should be set to night in the atmosphere settings.
30 Jun 2014, 21:30 PM

Textures named with NM stand for No Modifier. These will NOT add neg/pos cover.

Today I learned. Thanks! I read somewhere previously as long as "road" was in the texture name, but it never worked like that and I still took it as a truth.
1 Jul 2014, 00:29 AM
Patrion 14

Maybe you're using the wrong switch? I recently put a map up on the workshop with lights that work, but I used two different... I don't know what they're called. I'll call it a switch.

Light and Light_state. And my code appeared as the following:

EGroup_SetAnimatorState(eg_lights, "Light_State", "On")
EGroup_SetAnimatorState(eg_lights, "Light", "On")

Now if I remember correctly, "Light" is only used on the lamp object you are specifically using in your screenshot. I think it will glow white with a white bulb. So just change "Light_State" to "Light" and try again. Unless you're using more than one kind of lamp, then you could do what I did in my code and just turn on both for all lights.

Oh, yeah and the time of day should be set to night in the atmosphere settings.

that worked wonders man. thanks.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 20:54 PMSirlami
Well then you have to copy the atmosphere settings from the first one to the next one, i dont think there is any other way sadly.

Incase you wonder the atmosphere saving is not working currently.

now my map has day night cycle and that is really cool. thanks for your input.
1 Jul 2014, 10:32 AM

ill test the lamp fix
12 Jul 2014, 05:59 AM
Patrion 14

ok. I am back with a fresh question!!!

I am trying to make a map around "Pavolv's House" which is in stalingrad.

So I have to put a lot of buildings in, but I don't want it to be a building camp fest.

Question: How do I make a 'destructed' buildings?
12 Jul 2014, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 05:59 AMpigsoup
ok. I am back with a fresh question!!!

I am trying to make a map around "Pavolv's House" which is in stalingrad.

So I have to put a lot of buildings in, but I don't want it to be a building camp fest.

Question: How do I make a 'destructed' buildings?

Use the "Edit State" button in the object tool, with the building selected. "Add", "Building Damage", then double click "Building Damage" after it is added to the modifier list, and it will expand. Type menu lets you change from destroy, to damage accessory (you probably want destroy). Press to edit button allows you to move the damage sphere. Anything inside the damage sphere is...damaged. You can also change the radius. Be sure to "Add" "Set Health" if you want weaker buildings that cannot take much more damage before falling over.
12 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM
Patrion 14

genius. thanks
12 Jul 2014, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

1. also, how do you make your craters have cover bonuses?
right now i am just using spline tool deform mode.

do i have to add extra cover objects?

2. my trenches, made with deformation tool and trench objects aren't vault-able. is there any reason why?
12 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 18:47 PMpigsoup
1. also, how do you make your craters have cover bonuses?
right now i am just using spline tool deform mode.

do i have to add extra cover objects?

2. my trenches, made with deformation tool and trench objects aren't vault-able. is there any reason why?

For craters, just use the deform tool, and use the crater SPLATS. Make sure you DO NOT use any splats with NM_ in the name. NM denotes No modifier, and will not affect cover. I'll put down the SPLAT, use the default size, and set the deform brush to fit inside the splat, and turn down the strength, and subtract slightly, and maybe smooth it out if needed.

For the trench's, you may be setting them too deep. Try making them more shallow. You might also need to bake the deform spline.
12 Jul 2014, 22:15 PM
Patrion 14

ok thanks.

about the trenches, I couldnt make "wooden_log ..." objects vault-able. then i just switched them to "wooden_slat..." objects, it worked.
13 Jul 2014, 05:52 AM

In regards to your building question, I believe making them nonselectable via scar scripting will disable being able to enter them entirely. So you can have pristine/fullhealth buildings just as decoration.
16 Jul 2014, 02:20 AM
Patrion 14

thanks purebunk.

i have a fresh question!

when i first tried out worldbuilder, there was 'core area' within 'playable area' as explained by onklesam in his worldbuilder guide.

but now, the whole 'playable area' is 'core area'. you can give commands outside of the supposed 'core area'. and the edge of the maps end abruptly, which means textures just go black.
Iye
16 Jul 2014, 11:49 AM

totally ignore this post. i confused myself there.....
16 Jul 2014, 14:30 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/11026/interactivity-stage-tool

The Interactivity Stage Tool, is the button directly to the right of the territory tool. Set it to 50, and paint the edge around the map. This area will become the soft edge, where your map entry points should be located, but not starting locations...ect. Make sure the map entry points are inside the painted starting territory. You will not be able to command units into the stage 50 area, or move your camera into this area. This area is painted inside the initial "Playable Area", so when setting up your map, make it larger, enough to count for this soft edge.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 22
South Africa 1
Germany 810
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %