Login

russian armor

Long range weapons (autofire)

21 Jun 2014, 22:41 PM

Hi all;
With this post I'm trying to discuss about something I think it goes against strategy which I think (It is / It should be) the brand of COH series.

I'm talking about long range weapons that autofires/auto aim. Mortars are Ok in this issue but Elephants/Isu-152 and as far as I could see on WFA replays there will join more weapons like these (some kind of small howitzers that fires through buildings).

I personally would like this kind of features to be used from a manual firing (manual barrage / aim)so the role of these weapons may be to fight static units like mg's / at guns. Otherwise this game will benefit the guy who plays defensive, I could see from the replays enemy infantry attacking and pushing, being wiped by that unit from a large distance.

This is just my oppinion, I'd like to listen other guys who tested it in the Alpha test.
21 Jun 2014, 22:45 PM

These small howiz you've seen are basically mortars for new factions.
21 Jun 2014, 22:57 PM

Not alpha, but some facts:

-They are double the price of mortars.

-They can't retreat like mortars can and fall like at guns if they get caught.
21 Jun 2014, 23:02 PM

Clumsy, and requiring THREE men to man. So they are easy to displace, and are expensive to produce as well as having the inability to run away.
21 Jun 2014, 23:28 PM

ISU and Elephant have been fixed. I can't say how, but they aren't going to be a problem anymore.

Also the mini howitzers are basically just mortars with a bit more utility.
21 Jun 2014, 23:55 PM

ISU and Elephant have been fixed. I can't say how, but they aren't going to be a problem anymore.

Also the mini howitzers are basically just mortars with a bit more utility.

Really? Good news then.
Can you tell me if soviet mines have been reviewed?
I expect no more squad wipes from Isu/mines, and stronger counters for elephant.
22 Jun 2014, 00:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Really? Good news then.
Can you tell me if soviet mines have been reviewed?
I expect no more squad wipes from Isu/mines, and stronger counters for elephant.

I'm not saying AOE profiles were looked at in the alpha, but it was on the radar, and they have a good radar, and if they did change aoe profiles, I couldn't talk about it.
23 Jun 2014, 05:29 AM

Was it in the radar the units that had a shooting range of 100?. I'm not saying about they modified the max range of the units but if they did modify the range of these units "couldn't somebody" talk about it? *blink *blink
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★