Login

russian armor

Connection issues?

17 Jun 2014, 15:02 PM
Patrion 14

Hey

Been trying to play a couple of games today. The first ones went good and without problems, had a lot of fun (as usual). But at the fifth game I started getting kicked out of the game for some reason.. I was playing on wireless netwerk so i thought that was the problem. Looks like its not because with cable the problem is still here..

When I try to find a new match I get a message: Connection Issues.
I have to restart the game to find a game and the shit starts all over again..

Am I the only one with this problem at the moment or is it something with the servers??
17 Jun 2014, 15:14 PM

Hey there mate..I had same sort of problem and thought I was being dropped hack :)

But later on found out that the actual problem was my modem. My modem was fucked in some way that it also didnt connect to the internet from time to time. I bought a new modem and the problem was solved. All is fine now.

Just try another modem and see how that works.

Peace out ; )
17 Jun 2014, 15:18 PM
Patrion 14

Hmm thanks. Goanna try it out right now.
I saw something about openings ports in your modem to, but that has nothing to do with it because I can connect to the server, right?
17 Jun 2014, 15:20 PM

Relic should add a timeout timer like in starcraft II where you get like 50 seconds to reconnect before a player drops.

Especially since they go for a focus on multiplayer this is a must have.
17 Jun 2014, 15:26 PM

Yeah I saw that too when I was searching for help..I dont know, I havent tried that.

I could connect to the server as well but after playing a match for about 7-9 mins, I would get dropped and receive connection issue message. And just like you I restarted the game and connected again and then same problem again.

Just try another modem and see if you're gonna have the same issue again.
17 Jun 2014, 15:37 PM
Patrion 14

Got another modem. Still the same problem. But it looks like it says a little bit longer now..
Guess its a game for the trash game.. God damnit. Really loved it but now suddenly Im getting these retarted issues...

Now when I get kicked I dont see the server issue message. Guess its just coincidence...

Could it be because someone is downloading? Because befor my sister was home I didnt have this problem..
17 Jun 2014, 16:24 PM

Im not sure if someone else using your internet connection heavily could cause you getting dropped out of the game. But Im sure it would cause some serious lag issues. Maybe if its too laggy, then the server just kicks you out of the game. You better ask this to an admin here to get an accurate answer.

Now, you gotta either tell you sister to stop downloading for a bit or you gotta play when she's not at home :) The choice is yours.

If the problem continues, then there must be some problem with your internet connection.
17 Jun 2014, 20:38 PM
Patrion 14

Okey, what the hell. I turned off wireless so I'm 100% sure I was the only one on internet. One game went oke, but didnt take long. The second I played, boom same shit over again..
This is frustating me.. I have a 500kbyte download speed. Maybe thats the problem?

In my student dorm I can play without any problems, but I got a higher download speed there. But the first day I could play without any problems here at home to..
17 Jun 2014, 20:47 PM

Its not on your end.

It seems to have something to do with either specific providers or battleservers itself having problems.
17 Jun 2014, 20:55 PM
Patrion 14

Oh oke, thanks man :) Im from Belgium and have Belgacom as provider.
Got to say, I had a current breakdown today, and its since than I have the problem.
TV still doenst work, maybe I'll fix that first and try CoH2 again :D
17 Jun 2014, 21:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Have the same issue recently as well.
Giving me hella losses.

Also conviently seems to happen when the game is really interesting or I am winning. When im getting owned no connection issue at all. lel
17 Jun 2014, 21:43 PM
Patrion 14

I checked this link: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/faq-known-issues/29785-network-connection-troubleshooting
I did everything what they said in there, but I dont think that will help a lot because we are able to connect to the server.. Goanna give the game a try tomorrow and let it know if it works.
18 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM
Patrion 14

Short update:
Managed to play games without being kicked. I played five games now without any problems. Maybe its because I opened those ports, or maybe just coincidence.. I'll keep you guys updated if i get more problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★