Login

russian armor

Snipers in CoH2

12 Mar 2013, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2013, 22:29 PMHux
Attack dogs. effectively replace the jeep - but have a much less % chance to be hit by rifle fire (except from MG's). They should not be insta-kill (i.e a furry panzerfaust) but should prevent a sniper from firing by mauling them/him/her and eventually kill them.

Red Alert had it spot on.

Oh god. I would love to make an army where I just built 100's and 100's of attack dogs and just sent them at a british blob.
12 Mar 2013, 01:30 AM

they'd just get bren carriers... or fire up their blob and run from the dogs (the brit blob would probably be faster)
12 Mar 2013, 03:41 AM

Staghounds would suppress the dogs...
Hux
12 Mar 2013, 09:03 AM
Patrion 14

haha. loved dog armys in red alert. just teaaing their way through an army (but wierdly not a lone Tanya unit..)

It would be interesting to see though. Perhaps as an upgrade a-la shrek/LMG whereby it drastically increases the detection range for the unit that has a dog attached to it. I'm not sure how that would work with True sight but it would be nice to see.

One question I do have. I know snipers will now only cloak in cover, does that mean they will ble cloaked if they are positioned in a building until they fire? or does this not count as 'cover' per se?
12 Mar 2013, 09:19 AM

garrison is a different type of cover (other than negative (red shield), open (no shield), light (yellow shield) and heavy (green shield)), so most likely they will not be cloaked in buildings, just like they won't be able to cloak in open or negative cover (which is also cover, just a type that gives negative bonuses)
13 Mar 2013, 11:04 AM

imagine an avre firing against the dog blob , that would have made for a series of crying puppys coh memes
14 Mar 2013, 13:54 PM

Cant see any good use of snipers or even need to order them in the way they are presented so far - sniper pairs, cloak only in cover etc...., makes the USE of snipers totally disappear (like spotting, the effect of counter-snipe etc...) and the game in general more static and campy
14 Mar 2013, 14:22 PM

Snipers only cloak in cover, and are immune to cold.
I had a sniper sneak along a fence and spot the enemy around a fire in a blizzard, so my mortar could go to work.
They'll not have the same (annoying) role as in CoH1, but they will have a role for sure.

Snipers only cloaking in cover will surely increase the skill required to use snipers at their best - you have to order him to move along the cover, and know where there is cover for him.
14 Mar 2013, 15:42 PM

Staghounds would suppress the dogs...

Could the dogs jump inside Roos? Because that would be carnage
14 Mar 2013, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2013, 15:42 PMOllyL

Could the dogs jump inside Roos? Because that would be carnage

Dogs jump inside the roos, decrew them, and then man them. :D
14 Mar 2013, 18:19 PM
27 Mar 2013, 15:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Why is the Ostheer Sniper only 1 person and the Soviet one 2??? I cannot understand it because if the german sniper countersnipes one soviet sniper he will be counter-countersniped by the other one....
27 Mar 2013, 16:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Dogs jump inside the roos, decrew them, and then man them. :D

nah they should be like goliaths only faster and less boom.

27 Mar 2013, 16:11 PM

Why is the Ostheer Sniper only 1 person and the Soviet one 2??? I cannot understand it because if the german sniper countersnipes one soviet sniper he will be counter-countersniped by the other one....

well, maybe the russian sniper team has different stats? maybe the russian sniper does not have 100% accuracy? maybe the russian sniper doesn't one shot a wehrmacht sniper?

1000 possibilities to balance it. if it's unbalanced the way it is right now, they might find a way to balance it out later on. you'll find out soon enough :-)
27 Mar 2013, 18:25 PM

The 2nd man/woman in the Red Army sniper team isn't a shooter I think. Most probably fulfills the purpose of a spotter. And I think if the ostheer sniper gets a countersnipe on the Red Army sniper shooter, the other dude will automatically die, just like the 3rd man of pak/57mm dies.
27 Mar 2013, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2013, 18:25 PMKhan
The 2nd man/woman in the Red Army sniper team isn't a shooter I think. Most probably fulfills the purpose of a spotter. And I think if the ostheer sniper gets a countersnipe on the Red Army sniper shooter, the other dude will automatically die, just like the 3rd man of pak/57mm dies.

might be, might not be, either way it doesn't really matter (though, if the other dude would die instantly, what would be the purpose of the 2nd dude?), since both ways, it's just a matter of balance to make it work. we don't ask why the M8 has an armor upgrade while the puma doesn't, or why the stuart has a canister shot but the AC doesn't... things don't have to be equal to be balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★