Login

russian armor

Build Orders for Soviet Industry

12 Jun 2014, 03:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Been playing this a lot in 1v1 as I get to grips with that; at some point I will have to try something else but for the moment down below 5000 this is good.

Been experimenting with BOs too.

I used jsut to Con Spam into this:

Con
Con
Con
Mol

Then fuel cache or 2, AT Grenades, T1, T3 in variable order

Recently though I have going straight T1 with M3, Penal, Sniper.

On the grounds that that saves 50 fuel for the Conscripts' Techs so I can start pumping out tanks that much faster.

Trying to find the best balance for that.

M3 is fuel, and snipers are manpower heavy so maybe just two penals?

Have people had success with just building CEs? You'll have early capping power and they are generally something you want a lot of in this doctrine. Plus you will have the munis to upgrade them all with FTs.
12 Jun 2014, 18:59 PM

I dont think you can be punished for trying these new crazy strats in the "below 5000" ranks..lol

Go for it instead of asking
17 Jun 2014, 11:02 AM

Go for anything that is not manpower hungry.

Cons and penals are going to drain MP. Snipers might be ok if you keep them alive.

My two favorite is M3s, as you get the fuel back fast, they dont drain MP, and also try Maxims, as Maxims dont drain as much MP, they dont drain as much enemy manpower either, but you will have a T70 soon for that.
17 Jun 2014, 11:18 AM
Patrion 14

M3s cost only 5 fuel or so, that's really not a big deal. The problem with not going for cons/AT nades if you're going for early snipers is that you're really vulnerable to Wehr Scout Cars. Certainly because you won't have any Guards/AT guns either. Mines can help of course, but any decent Wehr player will sweep the area before they send a Scout Car. Also, losing a Sniper model costs 180MP, which you don't have a lot of.

And why waste manpower on fuel caches? Isn't the whole point of Soviet Industry that fuel won't be the problem, but manpower is?

I don't have a lot of experience with Soviet Industry, but this sounds a little gimicky to me. T2/T3 seems like a much better combination to me, because T34/76s are a little lacking in the AT department, which you can then compensate with ZiS guns. It will be more manpower intensive however, but I guess it should be worth it if you're not too aggressive with your infantry.
17 Jun 2014, 12:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well, point of a fuel cache was to get to build T3 adn get to 3CP early.

SI doesn't help you before then and fuel bloat is not an issue before you have maybe 4 tanks on the field by which point you have probably won

Thus far early engineer spam seems bad. In the early game there are not enough munitions for mines and while they can cap they run into grens and have to run away.

Snipers I have never had success with, and not here either.

So at the moment I am sticking with Penals, though I may try M3s again.
17 Jun 2014, 12:59 PM

Maxims and mortars are a great way to go into industry. Generally anything that dosnn't constantly need reinforcing will be excellent for your low manpower rate. Fuel caches can be done but having a strong on field presence early is essential for a successful industry strat, you need to have half the map + the extra industry fuel.

Of course get T3 the second you are physically able to and rush a quad cal halftrack, then T34s.

Industry is flexible nowadays in that if you can get a good start, you can pick it when you hit 3cp to rush for T3 that little bit faster and get tanks quicker, otherwise if the game's in the balance and you need guards/shock troops, you can pick those commanders instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★