Login

russian armor

Relic - Please lift the NDA

11 Jun 2014, 19:47 PM
Benefactor 115

Go to: Cohofficial on Youtube.
Watch the two latest streams.
Read all the posts on the threads of USA/OKW.
And then you should have a good idea of what you are getting.

I have watch both streams, and the trailers. I have read most of the posts. For the most part I am optimistic, however; I have reservations due to the lack of info on the OKW and their unique game mechanics.
11 Jun 2014, 19:48 PM
Patrion 14

I agree Relic should be more forthcoming about it, but TBH what you saw in the stream last Friday more or less covers it. There's no great, terrible secret.
11 Jun 2014, 19:50 PM

If you want to clutch your 20$ that hard, then fine. You will get tempted to buy it anyways, so might as well do it now. It doesn't make a difference what you do. If you actually doubted it, you wouldn't have bothered making a thread.
11 Jun 2014, 19:51 PM

Will there be a new video this friday?
11 Jun 2014, 19:55 PM
Benefactor 115

Given the NDA, my second attempt :P.

If a used car salesman would try and sell you a bad car, would he share every piece of information regarding that particular car? Would you still buy the car after you were able to assess the poor quality of the car? Would it benefit the used car salesman to share all information? Would a less informed buyer be more likely to buy the car in comparison to a fully informed buyer?

I understand what your saying, salesmen are slimy :) .

I realize the alpha is still a work in progress, and there are likely lots of balance issues. I'm good with that. This kind of thing doesn't worry me. I have enough of a history playing Relic games and am confident that balance issues will get sorted. The faction mechanics/design is something that isn't likely to change this late in the development stage.
11 Jun 2014, 20:00 PM

Please lift the NDA

+1.
Need more info.
11 Jun 2014, 20:03 PM

As much as I'd like for NDA to just vanish, Relic cannot official reveal too much because they are not done finalizing. It would look bad for them if they showed off a unit that will be changed upon release.
11 Jun 2014, 20:07 PM
Benefactor 115

If you want to clutch your 20$ that hard, then fine. You will get tempted to buy it anyways, so might as well do it now. It doesn't make a difference what you do. If you actually doubted it, you wouldn't have bothered making a thread.

I feel your post is unnecessarily aggressive, make several assumptions, and does not contribute to the topic.

I don't own the southern front or 90% of the other DLC. It's not about spending $20. Its where I spend $20; beer, live streaming of the world cup on my phone, etc...
11 Jun 2014, 20:08 PM
Donator 11

It will be fun. If you have got this far playing coh2 buy it . In the time you spent on this thread you could earn $20
11 Jun 2014, 20:24 PM

I'm not really sure what you want to know. To me the videos available seem to show the game enough. The NDA is a good thing because it stops us being mis-informed or mis-assuming certain things.

Anyway, you can't play it for another two weeks, so why is buying it now going to make a difference? There will be more before then, you can be certain of that.
11 Jun 2014, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 20:07 PMDucati

I feel your post is unnecessarily aggressive, make several assumptions, and does not contribute to the topic.

I don't own the southern front or 90% of the other DLC. It's not about spending $20. Its where I spend $20; beer, live streaming of the world cup on my phone, etc...

I'm sorry, I am just annoyed when people ask questions they already know the answer to and have already answered themselves, which is thing called the Socratic Method.

WFA's current position is anyone's judgement. We all just have to wait two weeks.
11 Jun 2014, 20:42 PM

I'm sorry, I am just annoyed when people ask questions they already know the answer to and have already answered themselves, which is thing called the Socratic Method.

NO.
11 Jun 2014, 20:45 PM
Benefactor 115

WFA's current position is anyone's judgement. We all just have to wait two weeks.

It's all good buddy. Thanks for the education on the Socratic Method. I did not know that style of question/critical thinking technique was called that. <- Not being sarcastic.
11 Jun 2014, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 20:45 PMDucati

It's all good buddy. Thanks for the education on the Socratic Method. I did not know that style of question/critical thinking technique was called that.

Didn't mean to be a douchebag, its just... logical.

But there is no difference in waiting or buying it now. You are not the only one doing so, many others are also holding out for a real reason to get WFA.

NO

That actually means you are 100% allowed to ask. That's contradictory for me. :/
11 Jun 2014, 20:53 PM

Hey man you never know when those bastards from CA will take your ideas two weeks before launch
11 Jun 2014, 22:07 PM

Watch the videos that relic are releasing and just absorb the information there. lifting the NDA would not give you much more information that would be useful. Also things in the alpha are constantly changing (2 patches a week) and some key units have changed significantly since. Whatever relic hasn't disclosed is definitely up for changing. I would imagine the units would stay the same, but their cost and performance will all be tweaked in the next couple of weeks (not to mention some soviet + whermact units too)
11 Jun 2014, 22:42 PM
Benefactor 115

I guess I have not been clear, as there are multiple posts suggesting the same thing. I genuinely appreciate that all of you are trying to help. But, to be clear:

-I have the information that is out there, I do not need advice for finding it.
-I understand the reasons for an NDA. I think I have a good handle on both sides of the debate for keeping it/dropping it.
-I understand there is no need to pre-purchase (or purchase at all).

I am interested in the product but I want more information on it.
11 Jun 2014, 23:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I don't have a problem with an NDA.

But I do think Relic would have a problem with enforcing the current NDA, after they have been so busy breaching the policy itself.

11 Jun 2014, 23:17 PM

The NDA will be lifted in the year 2026 to celebrate the Terran Vs Zerg army introduction into the COH franchise.
Hux
11 Jun 2014, 23:19 PM
Patrion 14

You either want to buy it or you don't, simple as that.

I remember buying Dark Forces in 1995 (?) because I got to PC World and the blurb on the box said it was going to be terrific (Spolier: It was!) There was no Internet reviews, and I wasn't a religious buyer of PCGamer at the time but I made the decision to purchase based on my feeling (see: hope) that it was going to be a good game and nothing else. None of this pre-purchase shite nor early alpha bollocks I just made a choice... my age: 8 years old

Tl;dr make up your mind, man, either make a purchase or dont. you wuldn't walk around fucking H&M asking people wether or not you should buy a pair of jeans you might be interested in based on what they think.

'buy or buy not, there is not maybe' -Yoda
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS