Login

russian armor

Krebs

24 Feb 2013, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2013, 23:03 PMA_E
However when Krebs is 4 out of 5 of your suggested videos on YouTube because you watched an episode of another Shoutcaster's video it can get annoying. Economies of scale in action.

There is a solution to that, you can get an add-on for firefox called the Youtube blacklist which gives you the option to block Youtube channels like Krebs, after that you will never see krebs face or any other of his videos on your suggested videos. Very helpful to say the least, i got rid of krebs videos and all those other obnoxious popular youtubers that always appears in all of our suggested videos list.
24 Feb 2013, 13:08 PM

His low point, I think, was when he published a vid last summer - now long since removed - torching all the other shoutcasters in comparison to himself.

I didn't know about that specific cast but I can imganine that ppl get angry when something like this happens. Nevertheless narcisim seems to be a problem for some ppl in the community (casters and likewise top players).

That's fine though because despite growth I'd say that the audience you capture matters just as much. What's the point in 1000s of viewers if they are on average less passionate about the game? But that's fine because someone has to capture the casual player market, and that's what Krebs has done. He enjoys the more casual side of CoH and caters to fans of it.

There was this article by IpKaiFung about how to make coh huge and I think what was mentioned there can be applied here to some extend at least. I understand that core gamers dislike the idea of their game becoming casualish and easy to master (something most if not all major studios try to accomplish because of obvious reasons). That's why it is so important to have ppl that make competitive games more accessable and enjoyable for new players. Most casters I have watched (you are an exception f.e.) don't bother talking about the little tricks the established playerbase already knows about but Krebs does and I think that the game benefits from it.
24 Feb 2013, 13:51 PM

That's fine though because despite growth I'd say that the audience you capture matters just as much. What's the point in 1000s of viewers if they are on average less passionate about the game? But that's fine because someone has to capture the casual player market, and that's what Krebs has done. He enjoys the more casual side of CoH and caters to fans of it. However when Krebs is 4 out of 5 of your suggested videos on YouTube because you watched an episode of another Shoutcaster's video it can get annoying. Economies of scale in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo
18 Mar 2013, 00:06 AM

18 Mar 2013, 15:03 PM

HAHAHAHAHHA DAFUQ
28 Mar 2013, 23:39 PM
31 Mar 2013, 05:10 AM

31 Mar 2013, 12:41 PM

That gif will haunt me forever :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias