Login

russian armor

I am feeling that Ostheers are OP

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
31 May 2014, 14:00 PM

Hello all.
I have not played this game for over six months, and decided to give this game a go few days ago.
I have played now few days, and somehow i feel that balance is way off.
First i want to state that honestly, i am not greatest player.
Maybe average.
I know all the basic stuff and feel that i am good at this, but in reality, i think i am average.
Just to let you all know that i do not think that i am world's greatest player and i think i should win all the time.
But how i feel about this game now, these are all my feeling and i have nothing to back up my sayings.
I only play 3v3 and 4v4 since i love to play this kind of games on large scale, war really feels like war then.
I simply cant get the same feeling on 1v1 about war what i get from 4v4.
Back to point, eight (8) 4v4 in a row, soviets lose them all.
Then we won one.
And again seven (7) matches on a row, soviet loses them all.
So 16 matches of 3v3 and 4v4 on random, and soviet wins two of them.
This could lead to that i suck and team loses because of me, but i make always average damage and everything according my team when match is over.
And even if i would suck, it sounds so impossible to lose this much een if one guy were AFK all the time.
So that is one thing, germany seems to win 90% of matches.

Conscripts can't kill german troops.
It simply can't. Many times my conscripts have been behind cover when basic grenadiers came and stand open, shoot, and i have to retreat my troops.
Has there been some sort of nerf on conscripts since i feel that they cant manage enemy anymore.
SU85 range and speed, nerfed too?
I feel that even when vision is on, i have to be really close.
By really close i mean so close that enemy tank can return fire.
And what makes that so frustrating, SU85 can't penetrate panther or tiger.
I feel that many times when i see panther, shoot, no damage.
Panther shoots and penetrates, drives on me, i try to reverse but it is no use.
Panther simply drives to SU85 side and annihilates it before anything can do anything.

How to deal tiger, people here say "Flank it with SU85".
Flanking with that thing is extremely hard since if it encounters anything, it loses without support. And i have shot tiger on rear three times, on side two times, and still tiger managed to reverse away. This was with SU85 and perfect flanking.
So i feel that soviets have nothing to deal with ostheer tanks.

Of course we can kill tiger, i mean if tiger comes, AT nade from cons and hope that is connects and brokes it's engine.
Then you can keep it busy with ISU-152 from front and flank side with SU85.
But that is unsupported tiger and whole a lot of soviet units.
And no guarantee that this will work.
Maybe engine wont get blasted, flanking SU85 might encounter P4 or two, we cant use infantry since all soviet tanks toast infantry.
If and usually there is, it is supported by let's say like two panthers, there is simply nothing soviet can do.

Main problem in late game is that ostheers do not have to build anything else than tanks.
They have the whole package in there.
It protects itself from anything since they kill very effectively infantry, very affective AT, very nice armor.
When soviet tanks do either AT (no tank is good in that) or infantry.
Soviets need to use many different troops to support each others while engaging enemy when ostheers can just run around with tanks.
And soviet infantry against tanks is like a bad joke when compaired to ostheers bazookas.
Holy shit that range and damage.

That new Sherman, my AT gun kept tiger busy from front.
I was trying to nade it's engine with cons, before they managed to do anything tiger blasted my cons to heaven.
So AT was singing in front, could not penetrate and damage was little to nothing.
While Sherman was flanking.
I got in tigers back, blasted three times before tiger was facing me (killed my AT).
Tiger was over 60% health now, shot sherman one time and sherman was on 60% too.
Reversed the hell away but tiger followed and i lost my sherman.
So that encounter cost me AT, squad of Cons, Sherman.
And tiger got away with very minimal damage.

SU85 is missing it's target all the time, how can that tank be tank destroyer when is misses half the shots?

These are all my own toughts about game now, i play only soviets.
Never have played ostheers and wont play.
But game feels broken now.
Am i only imagining or is there huge imbalance now in this game, since soiets keep losing every game.
Game finder goes 70/30 ostheer/soviet.
31 May 2014, 14:10 PM

B.U.L.L.S.H.*.T
31 May 2014, 14:13 PM
Donator 11

:rofl:
31 May 2014, 14:14 PM

Hello all.
I have not played this game for over six months, and decided to give this game a go few days ago.
Maybe average.
I know all the basic stuff and feel that i am good at this, but in reality, i think i am average.
Just to let you all know that i do not think that i am world's greatest player and i think i should win all the time.
But how i feel about this game now, these are all my feeling and i have nothing to back up my sayings.
I only play 3v3 and 4v4 since i love to play this kind of games on large scale, war really feels like war then.
Then we won one.
This could lead to that i suck and team loses because of me, but i make always average damage and everything according my team when match is over.
And even if i would suck, it sounds so impossible to lose this much een if one guy were AFK all the time.

It simply can't. Many times my conscripts have been behind cover when basic grenadiers came and stand open, shoot, and i have to retreat my troops.
Has there been some sort of nerf on conscripts since i feel that they cant manage enemy anymore.
Panther simply drives to SU85 side and annihilates it before anything can do anything.

Flanking with that thing is extremely hard since if it encounters anything, it loses without support. And i have shot tiger on rear three times, on side two times, and still tiger managed to reverse away. This was with SU85 and perfect flanking.

Of course we can kill tiger, i mean if tiger comes, AT nade from cons and hope that is connects and brokes it's engine.
Maybe engine wont get blasted, flanking SU85 might encounter P4 or two, we cant use infantry since all soviet tanks toast infantry.
If and usually there is, it is supported by let's say like two panthers, there is simply nothing soviet can do.

Main problem in late game is that ostheers do not have to build anything else than tanks.
It protects itself from anything since they kill very effectively infantry, very affective AT, very nice armor.
Soviets need to use many different troops to support each others while engaging enemy when ostheers can just run around with tanks.
And soviet infantry against tanks is like a bad joke when compaired to ostheers bazookas.

I was trying to nade it's engine with cons, before they managed to do anything tiger blasted my cons to heaven.
So AT was singing in front, could not penetrate and damage was little to nothing.
I got in tigers back, blasted three times before tiger was facing me (killed my AT).
Tiger was over 60% health now, shot sherman one time and sherman was on 60% too.

SU85 is missing it's target all the time, how can that tank be tank destroyer when is misses half the shots?

Am i only imagining or is there huge imbalance now in this game, since soiets keep losing every game.

here he comes to save the day let me introduce you to someone with his opinion on the matter :

and i bet jesulin's reaction on this topic would be something like this :

31 May 2014, 14:19 PM

Gamefinder has always favored german % than soviets %, what does have that to do with balance? lol
31 May 2014, 14:28 PM

agreed with the conscripts. they are fine early game though. it is when LMG or G43 upgrades, they are simply outclassed. without LMG, its fairly simple to land a rifle nade and force a retreat.

the only way that worked for me is getting snipers to whittle them down while conscripts provide whatever little support fire they can.

if not for ISU152 and snipers, it would be alot tougher for soviets to beat germans, yet at the same time it would be more fun.

to deal with tigers, there are more counters than just su85. t34/85 rushes works very well. AT guns penetrate pretty reliably from the front. the thing is, you need to distract or disable it. there's always mines or button to do just that, so use them. overconfidence comes hand in hand with tigers, so abuse those mines, get a engine destroyed critical, then send everything to take it down.

i wont say ostheer is OP, both sides have their own shit to deal with. soviets have to deal with elefants, grenadiers and support teams superiority. germans has to deal with maxim spam, snipers, ISU-152.
31 May 2014, 14:31 PM

Responses have not been what i tought they would, not even close, so maybe i clear this a bit more.
These are my own toughts, soviets lose huge streaks on 3v3 and 4v4, and i am feeling that ostheers are way stronger than soviets.
What i was asking was do anyone else feel like this?
And if everything is okay, how can there be 8- and 7- straight loses on soviets?
These are y personal toughts and i tought that people here would be mature enough to discuss about this.
31 May 2014, 14:34 PM
Patrion 14

Although I'm not sure about 3v3/4v4 balance, you seem to be imagining things. Conscripts don't lose from grens when grens are in the open and cons in cover. Maybe, just maybe, when cons were at a bit lower health to begin with, and were at long range (grens are better at long range, while cons are better at short range).

I think SU85 has been nerfed indeed, and rightfully so. Don't rely too much on its vision ability, since it slows the SU down, and you could be spotting with other units as well. A Sherman is not supposed to kill a Tiger. You shouldn't engage a Tiger if you don't have at least 3 of them, or some other AT support.

I noticed you mentioned an ISU-152. That thing is probably the most OP (and most whined about) unit in the game right now. YOU CANNOT LOSE GAMES WITH A PROPERLY USED ISU-152. Just make sure you've got some AT guns to protect its flanks, and it'll kill any infantry you see.

Another thing that has changed (not sure if that was since the last 6 months or earlier) is that AT nades don't always penetrate heavier armor. You're really taking a risk when you're charging a Tiger with a conscript squad, and it's not that weird that you lost it. Use guards with their button ability instead.
31 May 2014, 14:39 PM
Donator 11

And if everything is okay, how can there be 8- and 7- straight loses on soviets?

Have you thought of putting the blame on anything else than balance? :oops:
31 May 2014, 14:41 PM

Hello all.
Maybe average.
Then we won one.

So you call yourself "average" and manage to lose with ISU?
31 May 2014, 14:45 PM

31 May 2014, 14:52 PM

Even my 5yo cousin think it´s troll
31 May 2014, 15:05 PM

Ive figured he is trolling

:lolol:
31 May 2014, 15:06 PM

I'm a bit shocked that Sov random teams can have such loss streaks because I find the opposite in 3s and 4s. The metagame has changed a lot though in the last 2 months and i can see from your comments that you might not be up to date on that at the moment. I'm not a good player but I will try to give some constructive comments from how I see it as primarily an Ostheer player. However I feel you should give it a bit more time to adapt then it should feel more balanced.

Soviet Industry is weaker than before because armour costs more manpower relative to fuel. Soviet armour has been buffed with respect to AI damage.

A T34/76 can almost instantly kill a PGren squad with schreks. If you are seeing blobs of PGs with schreks then ask how they could afford all that ammo.

SU85s are good vs Tigers costwise, especially if you can get them vetted up. You should have some PIVs to aim at before Tigers come out. Elefants are widely used in games now though so you need to be very careful to avoid them.

Soviets are relying a lot on call ins with the new teching costs for soviets. Shermans, T34/85 pairs and the ISU 152 can all do a number on Tigers in right conditions. A con squad/Sherman/Zis can only beat a Tiger if your cons ambush from the back and get an AT nade penetrated before they get mown down. Even then you need to get the best positional advantage. And cost wise, this is balanced. I must admit Tiger is very strong now, I don't like relying on it, but Panthers and T4 in general are so expensive that you only go T4 if you are winning so convincingly that you want to have fun, or if you want to throw the game.

Dont forget guards with button and mark target from the doctrine. This can punish Ostheer armour that gets out of position.

There are so many factors, armour combat and infantry combat have been changed completely, but Soviets have the answers they need. Only problem is meta is a bit stale (games often end up as ISU152 vs elefant battles).
31 May 2014, 15:10 PM

So, you haven't played for 6 months, played a couple of games, didn't got current meta and thing the game is imbalanced?

I advise to playing some more first and actually relearning to play, because game is nothing like it was 6 months ago.
31 May 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 14

If you have both sides complaining i think the game is pretty balanced.
31 May 2014, 15:25 PM

Did it ever occur to you maybe there is something wrong with your play style that made you lose so many times in a row?
31 May 2014, 15:29 PM
Patrion 14

To be fair, he did say he's just talking about his feelings, and not necessarily about facts. That's a lot better than 95% of the balance posts here, so let's cut him some slack.

That said, the problem is with Motomoto, not the game.
31 May 2014, 15:30 PM
Patrion 14

Oh and Motomoto, if you really wonder if there are balance issues, try playing Germans for 10 games in a row, see how you fare. If you're winning all of those, then maybe you have a point. But more importantly, playing the Germans is a great way to get better at Soviets (and vice versa).
31 May 2014, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 15:30 PMCptEend
Oh and Motomoto, if you really wonder if there are balance issues, try playing Germans for 10 games in a row, see how you fare. If you're winning all of those, then maybe you have a point. But more importantly, playing the Germans is a great way to get better at Soviets (and vice versa).

It may seem like he has a point but it may also just indicate that he's better with Germans.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment