Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
30 May 2014, 07:27 AM
Patrion 14

Vanilla Sherman is a typical mid-game T34 analogue with the option of either AT or AP speciality. It isn't very impressive against heavier armour but it does have cool features and you can evacuate the crew and keep their veterancy.
30 May 2014, 07:32 AM

Can somebody sum up the OKW 'vision'?

Good stuff, no spam.
30 May 2014, 07:37 AM
Patrion 14

The OKW 'army essence' stuff is more or less this:

It's near the end of the war and resources are harsh. Your high command has tried to mitigate manpower retardation with hi-tech wonder weapons. You need to fight, hold ground, scavenge and hold out using your technology to your advantage when it finally arrives. But be careful, because everything is scarce.
30 May 2014, 07:55 AM

The OKW sounds exciting to me. Looks like an outnumbered Elite Army.Did the OKW also have the best infantry in the game?Or only the strongest tanks?
30 May 2014, 08:00 AM
Patrion 14

Affe, The NDA says we can only discuss:

- Faction vision statements
- 2 maps only: Hurtgen forest / Trois Pont
- Risk / rewards – paratroopers / Sturmtiger reloading
- Units
o M20
o Paratroopers
o Riflemen
o Infrared Halftracks
o Sherman
o Sturmtiger
o King tiger

The fact the Germans have Sturm and King Tigers kinda speaks for itself...

Combining two of those issues - it's possible to knock out and capture a Sturmtiger while it's reloading, a process which is pretty tricky for the crew (which it should be seeing as it's Hiroshima on caterpillar tracks). I've dropped paras right on top of a Sturm in a quiet corner of a map and captured it while the crew were trying to manhandle a fresh rocket into it...

30 May 2014, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 07:55 AMAffe
The OKW sounds exciting to me. Looks like an outnumbered Elite Army.Did the OKW also have the best infantry in the game?Or only the strongest tanks?

Cant talk about OKW infantry. It;s not on the all powerful list.
30 May 2014, 08:20 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'm underwhelmed by the marketing strategy for WFA. Relic has enforced an ultra-strict NDA on the Alpha to control information for the last month. Now the press embargo is lifted and we get a small handful of vague impressions by gaming reporters that don't know the game very well. Does this create hype? Does this get the buzz going for COH2? I've noticed no increase in FB or twitter followers on the official page/feed. There are paltry few likes or comments. Stream viewer numbers are at what looks to be an alltime low. Right now LIVESTREAMS shows "Offline", which means absolutely nobody is streaming Company of Heroes 2. I wonder if # of streamers/# of viewers is a metric that Relic tracks, because its the only one that matters if you want to get a scene going.

No offense to you, OmegaWarrior (you've been great!), but I didn't expect this strict NDA to climax in you answering questions in this thread as the big reveal of how the armies actually work.

I also hope Relic doesn't expect us to moderate this thread based on their partial-NDA lifting (what?) and loose guidelines of what we can or can't talk about.
30 May 2014, 08:25 AM
Patrion 14

Agree with APF
30 May 2014, 08:27 AM

They had me at 5 year plan for CoH2.
Also this:

EDIT: The Real Numbers Never Lie http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All (slight gains were due to free weekends)

EDIT2: Dat success
30 May 2014, 08:45 AM

Oh look it's the doomsayers come to ruin yet another perfectly good thread. can't we just talk about future content without ranting how the game is dead.
30 May 2014, 08:47 AM

Oh look it the doomsayers come to ruin yet another perfectly good thread.

Defending myself, I am simply giving out the facts. Sometimes they hurt, and sometimes they need to be shown so people know the truth. It is meant to be a contribution to the conversation.
30 May 2014, 08:51 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Call me a "doomsayer" is quite ridiculous after what I put into this game and this community. I just want it to be better, and I'm simply flabbergasted by the marketing strategy.

If you want to make steps towards multiplayer and competition (which it seems they're trying to do by lowering the entry price point and releasing only multiplayer content) then you need to accompany that with a live launch event featuring top players. And yes, before you can do that, you need a spectator mode (we've only been asking for it for 2 years now) to make the thing even possible.
30 May 2014, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 08:47 AMVonIvan

Defending myself, I am simply giving out the facts. Sometimes they hurt, and sometimes they need to be said so people know the truth. It is meant to be a contribution to the conversation.
And there is a right place for it. Every time a thread about new content starts it usually has some good speculations and discussions and then gets highjacked by these kinds of comments, until it devolves into vapid insults directed at the devs and arguments about who commited the worse warcrimes.

It's getting late and I need to go to sleep. Hopefully this thread remains strong while I'm asleep. It is useful for a lot of people who want to know more about the new factions.
30 May 2014, 08:59 AM

And there is a right place for it. Every time a thread about new content starts it usually has some good speculations and discussions and then gets highjacked by these kinds of comments, until it devolves into vapid insults directed at the devs and arguments about who commited the worse warcrimes.

And that's why we have moderators.
30 May 2014, 09:06 AM

The Marketing of this Expansion is really terrible and the NDA makes it even worse.

It s nice that we finally see some new screenshots and infos but that took them Ages and the game coming out in less then a month and they also don t show us a new gameplay video or something to keep the hype a bit up.

All this what was coming out yesterday was released way too late.
30 May 2014, 09:20 AM

Yea the complete silence NDA was pretty bad. Not to mention vcoh 2 is still lacking in standard features of any RTS game such as custom lobby and spectator mode. They could have done much more to appeal to the old coh 1 crowd and attracting new players to the franchise. :/
30 May 2014, 10:08 AM

I'm very sceptical about what I hear. I really, really hope that they don't fuck up the balance entirely...
30 May 2014, 10:13 AM

I'm very sceptical about what I hear. I really, really hope that they don't fuck up the balance entirely...

If there is anything breaking the balance, it's the Soviet. <444>_<444>
30 May 2014, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 10:13 AMPorygon

If there is anything breaking the balance, it's the Soviet. <444>_<444>

Not in alpha.
30 May 2014, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 10:18 AMKatitof

Not in alpha.

The list says we can't talk about balance yet so....
PAGES (75)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS