Login

russian armor

(2 - 2) Mountain Top Obliteration

23 May 2014, 23:56 PM

Hey,

I've recently just finished my latest map and thought I'd post it here.

Mountain Top Obliteration is a primarily a 2 VS 2 map that can be played on both victory point and annihilation.

It is a map that is designed around the idea of two armies fighting on top of a mountain. I have tried to add some element of elevation to the map making units having to climb up a steep hill gives the element of them being on a mountain.

If you like the look of the map then subscribe, rate and share!

Steam Workshop Link:

Video Overview:

26 May 2014, 10:10 AM

Seems very nice :)
Keep it up!
26 May 2014, 20:54 PM

Seems very nice :)
Keep it up!

Thanks kreatiir for the kind words, really appreciate it! :)
27 May 2014, 00:02 AM

I gave it a go. You got the atmosphere down, and it's really nice. Colours and mood are great.

Here's some stuff I think you should keep in mind for your next map. Try not to make mountains or hills too steep and high. It messes with the camera views and means players will have to rotate their camera a lot. The mountains on the edge of your map weren't a problem, it was mostly the ones in the middle causing some issues. Also, when you have mountains like that, units can still see through and shoot through the terrain. You should use LoS and Shot blocker objects/splines to prevent that so that they act like real mountains. Take a look at Tip of the Week #10, it will explain how the blockers work and their advantages. Very useful for when you want to use terrain to block units sight. Keep it up!
27 May 2014, 02:22 AM

I gave it a go. You got the atmosphere down, and it's really nice. Colours and mood are great.

Here's some stuff I think you should keep in mind for your next map. Try not to make mountains or hills too steep and high. It messes with the camera views and means players will have to rotate their camera a lot. The mountains on the edge of your map weren't a problem, it was mostly the ones in the middle causing some issues. Also, when you have mountains like that, units can still see through and shoot through the terrain. You should use LoS and Shot blocker objects/splines to prevent that so that they act like real mountains. Take a look at Tip of the Week #10, it will explain how the blockers work and their advantages. Very useful for when you want to use terrain to block units sight. Keep it up!

Ok cool thanks for the feedback, I'm still learning all of the little secrets to world builder haha! I'll check out the tip of the week and will add LoS and shot blockers to stop the troops from seeing through the terrain and will update the map through Steam.

Thanks for playing! :)
27 May 2014, 04:26 AM

UPDATE:

Mountain Top Obliteration has just been updated with LOS Objects (Line of Sight Objects)
and Shot Blocker Objects!

The centre of the map (Frozen Lake) should be a lot better now for combat!

If you have any problems with the LOS and Shot Blocker Objects then let me know! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 29
Russian Federation 77
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak