Login

russian armor

Bois du Chatelet feedback

19 Nov 2012, 22:53 PM

Here's what I think about the map after playing ~15 games at it.

The map is fairly poor balanced, the Allied (north) wins about 80% of the games over the Axis (South). I think the main reasons for this are:
  • Bad munition point spread: with all the ammo on the sides, the US can easily scoop around the edges of the wehrmacht's territory and constantly deny him ammo while having a really high income himself. The Wehrmacht often have just +10 or +20 muni income, and this is just not enough to be able to deal with early US agression.

• Obstacles layout: the hedges between the south HQ and the fuel points are way too obstructing compared to the hedges near the north HQ. This really forces the wehr player to split up his forces around these hedges, and a separated wehr army is a dead army.

• The map is too open and lacks sufficient cover: compared to the big 3, Bois is really open without much houses and yellow/green cover objects. This makes stalling your opponent (as allies and as axis) almost impossible. Don't underestimate the use of this, since maps like Beaux, Flooded plains and Industrial Riverbed are all failing party because of this.

• The river fucks up the pathing of most vehicles: this speaks for itself, vehicles constantly get stuck in the river and the places where the can pass it. It's a nice aesthetic feature, but it's now limiting competitive gameplay.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd really suggest the map gets improved at the above points to make competitive play possible.
20 Nov 2012, 21:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Or! you put Bayeux 1.8, which imo, is in a really good shape! =)
20 Nov 2012, 21:30 PM

M8 rapes too hard, on this map because yeah resources are iin the cornerz
9 Jan 2013, 17:17 PM

I've only played this map a couple of times, so I can't comment much on balance, but aesthetically it is not great to look at. It seems flat and colorless and without texture. Not enough obstacles to make fighting interesting and no major terrain features (hills, ridges, etc.) to spice up the landscape. I think it could pretty easily be improved upon in these areas.

Balance wise, looking at the tactical map and watching many replays/streams I think Symbiosis has the right idea.

Overall a really good foundation for a map, just needs some tweaking and TLC
9 Jan 2013, 22:51 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

This is a good map, nothing is perfect, but this map really is decent. Consider other maps in rotation. Some tweaking could happen but thats true with almost any map :)
10 Jan 2013, 03:09 AM

@whiteflash: of course, but as far as critiques go, it's about knit-picking. The map is obviously nice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
unknown 4
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak