Login

russian armor

ISU-152 (solution inside)

26 May 2014, 06:49 AM

Dude I'm bored of this fanboy shit so let's stop it both okay?

In my opinion both units should be removed from the game. Why? Because their design is balanced in a bad way. Look at the commanders, they can easily counter their counter, the howitzers. WTF is this shit? I'm reall worried because Relic said they won't rework the commanders. However this is really necessary!
Next problem is the worth of veteran units. They get killed so easily that they lose their worth during the game because imba units come to the field. I think going back to old veterancy system would be good! Balanced of course, so that the amount of veterancy is related to the size of the squad. :)

They could adjust these units performance, and that's all. No need to rework the commanders. just make miss their target more often, increase reload time, reduce range, maybe armor also.
There are solutions. But these guys from RELIC are to in love with their Western Armies to make some balance adjustments....
26 May 2014, 09:55 AM

Yep, the term is 'fix and flank'. It is not a frontal attack.

2 v 2, late game tiger spam knocking out many SUs, zis, and ISUs with no loss:

Note that one of the players is using Elite Troops. The other one is using Assault Support.

This is not a good example. Soviet armour was practically no existent. ISU was not supported by any means and wasn't even used to its strength.
26 May 2014, 14:30 PM

IMO, the problem with ISU, and to the broader extent of COH2 is the design of AOE, not the ISU itself. Currently, AOE weapon like IS, ISU, Brumbar, kat+werfer, mortar and mines either have godlike squadwipe potential or completely useless. I think AOE damage should be reduced but increase its accuracy and make AOE weapon pin down troops. That way, AOE weapon actually reward combined arms (U still need actual direct weapon while AOE weapon punish blobbing). AOE was and will be anti blob, anti camp weapon. For everything else, direct weapon should be superior.
26 May 2014, 21:49 PM
Patrion 15

What if the ISU caused a moderate amount of damage to infantry, with a smaller chance to wipe squads, but caused suppression to compensate? This would allow the ISU to be a support weapon, while still being a beast vs tanks. I think as long as the squad wipes are toned down it'll be okay.

Haha just read your post vietnam...we're on the same wavelength I suppose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★