Login

russian armor

To Peter and RELIC

22 May 2014, 18:53 PM

Permanently Banned

I started playing more German this patch since it seemed it was no longer an easy victory but you had to think. However you have made it the opposite of pre patch. Soviets now ROFL stomp EVERYTHING on the way.

On a map like Angermuende 4 v 4 I had very good team mates and we were controlling all 3 CP's and were defending rather well due to piss poor play from the russians. Now roll out the ISU's ..... EVERY FUCKING SHOT one squad dies or a tank goes to half health. 2 of them built two isus and camped. We tried to flank but they had mines and conscript squads. Elephants were no use either since he just retreated and put AT guns forward. Now you say why dont you get infantry to engage the AT guns. Well thats exactly what we did except the 2 isus took out 3 squads in 3 shots.

Im so bloody frustrated ... there is nothing you can do against a unit which is god mode against everything. At least elephant can easily be countered by infantry. This isu spam is really really rally getting super boring.

I really hope Relic that you issue a hot fix for this#### game breaking unit.
22 May 2014, 19:13 PM

this is peter working his ass of for perfect balance (the onion stands for perfect balance)

:lolol:
22 May 2014, 19:14 PM

Try playing 1v1's instead, give it a lick atleast.
22 May 2014, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 19:13 PMcrash
this is peter working his ass of for perfect balance (the onion stands for perfect balance)

:lolol:

And at the end everyone is going to cry.
22 May 2014, 19:28 PM

Permanently Banned
You need be more careful with germans...

Try dont lost 2 or more squad, or is better do quit...

22 May 2014, 19:50 PM

I have just quit playing all together until june. relic doesnt care about the balance of ost and sovs anymore. it is now elephants vs isu every game 2v2 and up. they arent making them money off dlc's so why fix it? 4v4 is unplayable as germans atm. too many idiots who have no idea how to play. I tried playing 1v1 and sorry i have no idea how you guys think its uber god fun. i find it rather boring that you dont have multiple people to coordinate with and use teamwork. I truly believe that 3v3 and 4v4 should be balanced aside form 1v1 and 2v2, ie slower income, possibly higher pop cap higher cp requirements for call ins etc. then there wont be this bullshit 1v1 is the only mode you are supposed to play cause thats what the balance is for.
22 May 2014, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 19:28 PMBravus

23 May 2014, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 19:28 PMBravus
You need be more careful with germans...

German faction is very demanding when it comes to infantery preservation. Anyway, the best german infantry play I saw belongs to Helping Hans. Now Hansy, why don't you share with us some of your secrets? What are you using (keyboard alot?), what are you keeping your eye on while playing (top of the screen with units bars and so on...)?

I find quite difficult not to lose at list 2-3 gren squads per game. Most annoying is when you retreat a 2 member squad and they die on retreat. And so on....
23 May 2014, 05:57 AM

Aside from the isu/elephant and soviet mines this patch has been the best one.

Judging balance by 4v4 is next to impossible. Play 1v1 and 2v2 for a more balanced game.

-be careful about mines they tend to instantly kill squads (get 2 pios with sweepers)
-don't spread out if you are playing against t1.
-get mortar if you are playing against t2.
-dont skip t2, ac 222 and pak are your best friends
-pg are good for shreks
-stug is really good now especially in numbers (ex 2-3)

And remember cons beat grens in most situations now.
23 May 2014, 07:33 AM
Patrion 15

2v2s just aren't fun for me at the moment. It's is pretty repetitive. 1v1s are in a great spot and better than ever right now though.
23 May 2014, 09:43 AM

Yeah. 2v2 is Ele vs. ISU most of the time.
It's quite strange as well because if Soviet get ISU and you don't have Ele is a win for Soviets but if you managed to get Ele it doesn't matter how many ISUs they got it's win for Germans, unless they will do something horribly wrong.
23 May 2014, 09:52 AM

Is this were you send a message about your thoughts on the latest patch? In that case: Great patch! Keep up the good work relic!
23 May 2014, 09:53 AM

1v1 ftw! Few things need tweaking this patch (mines, heavy vehicles, few minor thingies) other than that i could say its not that bad

EDIT: btw Ostheer play like Wehrmacht in vCoH, they are very demanding and harder, thus requiring more micro, preservation, attention and skill than Soviets or US in vCoH
Adios
23 May 2014, 10:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Yeah. 2v2 is Ele vs. ISU most of the time.
It's quite strange as well because if Soviet get ISU and you don't have Ele is a win for Soviets but if you managed to get Ele it doesn't matter how many ISUs they got it's win for Germans, unless they will do something horribly wrong.

your kidding right ? Even if Germans get elephant all he has to do is retreat his isus a bit or put them behind a building and then move at guns + guards (mark target to make it quicker) forward and elephant either has to retreat or die.

If he sends inf to engage at guns isu fires just a couple of rounds and your entire army is dead. Even elephant is powerless to stop isu exploits unless the soviet player is brain dead.
23 May 2014, 10:50 AM

your kidding right ? Even if Germans get elephant all he has to do is retreat his isus a bit or put them behind a building and then move at guns + guards (mark target to make it quicker) forward and elephant either has to retreat or die.

If he sends inf to engage at guns isu fires just a couple of rounds and your entire army is dead. Even elephant is powerless to stop isu exploits unless the soviet player is brain dead.

No.
Elephant owns ISU-152 every time. With or without Mark Target.If that's not what happening in your case then you're doing something wrong.
23 May 2014, 12:06 PM

No.
Elephant owns ISU-152 every time. With or without Mark Target.If that's not what happening in your case then you're doing something wrong.

That's not true, I destroyed many elephants using 1 ISU152 + 1 guard squad and mark vehicle against good players.
23 May 2014, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 12:06 PMAbdul

That's not true, I destroyed many elephants with ISU152 using guards and mark vehicle and against good players.

I haven't lost a single game against ISU-152 in which I managed to field Elephant. On few occasions I was so much behind that the enemy was able to field ISU-152 and at some point I was facing 2 of them at once. Elephant + scopes and no ISU-152 have a chance. If mark targeted you retreat and come back when its finished.
As I said if you're loosing Elephant to ISU you're doing it wrong.
23 May 2014, 12:38 PM

I haven't lost a single game against ISU-152 in which I managed to field Elephant. On few occasions I was so much behind that the enemy was able to field ISU-152 and at some point I was facing 2 of them at once. Elephant + scopes and no ISU-152 have a chance. If mark targeted you retreat and come back when its finished.
As I said if you're loosing Elephant to ISU you're doing it wrong.

As mentioned previously I have destroyed many elephants with ISU against very good players and I question the value of your assessment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★